5'2-5'3 girls around 170lbs.. how many calories....

Options
124»

Replies

• Onmy
    Onmy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft3in.Lost 24+lbs and now weigh 142lbs.

I have been eating around 1000 -1500 calorie a day for the last 4 months. No workout days are around1000cal and workout days are 1500cal.

During the day I eat one portion controlled but satisfying meal of things I really really like (Bacon/Steak/Chicken wings/Sweet potato/Melted Cheese Toastie/Curries/rice). Rest of the day I eat things with high water content or things that are green like celery, cucumber or vegetable curries/stirfry made without coconut milk/cream.

Other things I eat are light laughing cow cheese,no more than 20almonds/ protein bar to satisfy my need for sweet things. I usually chop up the protein bar into bitesize and use through out my day with my tea/cofffe/hotwater(no sugar added) with lemon drops.

One satisfying meal and lots of volume eating with the low calorie vegetables.
    Best of Luck with your journey.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" & currently 171 (SW: 198) - I have lost an average of 2lbs a week & my current TDEE-20% goal is 1552cal. I am breast-feeding 4-6x daily however I log that daily as a negative calorie food, so it doesn't affect my goal number.

ETA: I am 25yrs old.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5' 3.5", i've averaged 1470 NET over the last 6 1/2 weeks and i've gone from 172 to 162.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 144lbs. I just recently started my 1500 calorie diet .i am hoping to get to my pregnacy weight of 115lbs but i would rather be able to fit into my old clothes and be toned than just focusing on the number.

MFP says i need to be taking 1200 but since I am nursing I added another 300 calories for the days that I don't work out and a little extra fro the days that I do. I have been doing cardio and strength training but not too intense to mess up with my milk supply.

Anyone else on this forum nursing?

I am nursing my 13mo son 4-6x daily & deduct a 300 calorie allowance each day. If I was still nursing exclusively I would deduct 500-600.
  • Akamomme
    Akamomme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've checked this out...http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/... but when I was recalculating my calorie intake and so on, this was what I used to find out what I should do.

It's been very helpful. I've lost about 4lb since I recalculated (if my scale isn't a liar. :P)
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you working off? I've been reading a lot lately about eating back the workout calories. Apparently your body needs a minimum of 1200 net calories or it tries to hold on to what it has....