Eating out Mexican

Options
2»

Replies

• shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Salads are usually great at mexican restaurants. Be aware of tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream. I usually use salsa instead of dressing.

Grilled fish or chicken tacos are great options.

Guacamole is a great choice instead of sour cream.

I have trouble staying out of the chips. And my teenage boys always want to order queso. Takes a lot of willpower to count out a few chips, drizzle some over the top, and call it good.

Enjoy!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If i know i will be going to have a heavy dinner i usually eat a light breakfast and lunch and try and work out that morning. i will order water for dinner so i dont feel so bad. i have a few chips and salsa and then eat whatever my heart desires! i used to think it would make me gain a million pounds but i have found ive even lost weight when i have days like this. of course this only happens once maybe twice a week
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    So I am going with my friends to eat Mexican today

You're so lucky! I wish I could do this today. It sounds amazing. Make sure and enjoy it and don't forget that you need some pleasures in your life still. This is at the top of my list of fun things for sure.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    So I am going with my friends to eat Mexican today

You're so lucky! I wish I could do this today. It sounds amazing. Make sure and enjoy it and don't forget that you need some pleasures in your life still. This is at the top of my list of fun things for sure.
    how bout tomorrow?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    there's a cunning Mexican joke in there....

but I can't put my tongue on it...

oh wait....everyone else has...

my FL saves the day.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just eat! One meal won't kill you. You won't ruin your hard work, you won't gain. You'll just enjoy a meal.
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating Mexican. I do it as often as possible.

HAHA, love it!
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just eat! One meal won't kill you. You won't ruin your hard work, you won't gain. You'll just enjoy a meal.

I agree. All too often my husband wants to go to either Mexican or Pizza on our weekly outing, so I just enjoy my dinner. Eat what you like and don't worry too much about it. Think of it like a treat, we all need treats.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I agree. Make it a treat me and don't stress out about it. To make the meal more memoriable, ask the waiter/waitress (assuming they are from a Spanish speaking country), to make you a meal from their childhood. I got introduced to two wonderful meals, Huevos motuleños and Shakshouka, because of this.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I am going with my friends to eat Mexican today and I am a little nervous about food selections...
    Please help with any advice what would be the best options for me..I have her fajitas without the tortilla, but would love some opinions.
    Thank you thank you thank you

Anyone see this thread as aching for dirty jokes?