I am a Grandma..and yeah I don't take any crap

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I would think that the OP was looking for a cookie but I think she thinks that cookies are in the realm of 'junk and crap'. So no cookie for OP.

My grandmother is 94 years old. She cooks, cleans, goes for walks, lives in the basement of a two story house (meaning she climbs stairs several times of days as well) and seems to eat nothing but candy during the day. I hope to be as spry as her if I make it to her age and also eat 'crap and junk' with impunity.

Edit: typo
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    My grandma still bakes me cookies. She's the coolest.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

metamucil.PNG
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My grandmother knew that food is love, and wasn't afraid of passing out the chocolate chip cookies in addition to her garden fresh vegetables and slabs of beef.

You can have my cookies when you pull them out of my cold dead hands at 95 when I finally succumb to de toksins.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My maternal grandma was kind of boring. She mostly sat around and watched tv. If I had to go over to her house, I had to sit on the couch and watch tv, usually TBS or the news. If I tried to talk, she'd say "shhhhh! Listen!" But when she wasn't watching tv, she was a nice lady and she cooked the best traditional Irish grub ever. And she sang old folk songs that I couldn't understand, and bluegrass songs that I could understand.

My paternal grandma used me as a weapon against my mother. When it didn't work, she cut me and my sister out of her life. She was a mean, unkind, and snobby old lady who didn't call much or send Christmas presents. When she died, she wrote me out of her will by name. I never did anything to tick her off. In fact, my mother insisted I be very nice to her at all times, even though she was mean to my mom as well. May she rest in pieces.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

metamucil.PNG

:laugh: This made me snort.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

metamucil.PNG

I like to let it sit in the glass for 10 minutes so that I can choke down that gooey ball of fiber goodness. Then I have coffee. Yup.
  • BeachIron
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?
  • JenAndSome
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?

I prefer $100 bills. They're softer.

ETA: Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
  • BeachIron
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?

Drugs????
  • JenAndSome
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?

Drugs????

Well, what else would someone snort through a straw (or a bill)? Although, I have seen people do pixie stix. That wasn't pretty.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    can you stop quoting the big orange canister?:angry:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?

Drugs????

Well, what else would someone snort through a straw (or a bill)? Although, I have seen people do pixie stix. That wasn't pretty.

jell-o shots?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My dad's mom died before I was born, and my mother's mom died when my mom was 5, so I never had a grandma. Well, my only grandfather had a wife, but she was mean and my mom hated her, so not exactly the grandma experience.
    I wish I had grown up with a grandma who baked me cookies and spoiled me when my parents weren't around.

I now have a precious 1 yr old granddaughter, and I plan to spoil her just enough that she loves to come visit, but not so much that she wants to run away from home and come live with me!
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I relate very much to the things you've said. I am the same way. I can't say I've never let her have "junk food" but I try to provide her healthy food mostly, when it's my responsibility to feed her. I don't want her to grow up and be unhealthy. I also don't spoil her by allowing her to behave any way she wants. I also promised my daughter that I would not ever go against her authority in regards to my grandbaby. My inlaws did that... and I hated it. Yes, I want to spoil her, but with love and snuggles and lots and lots of books, and activities she wouldn't get to enjoy otherwise.
  • JenAndSome
    Options

jell-o shots?

That sounds just plumb unpleasant. I love jello shots, but....wouldn't that feel like you had a really bad cold? :sick:

Honestly, I can't even do Afrin. I hate stuff going up my nose.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

jell-o shots?

That sounds just plumb unpleasant. I love jello shots, but....wouldn't that feel like you had a really bad cold? :sick:

Honestly, I can't even do Afrin. I hate stuff going up my nose.

I dunno. I've never done it. lol.
  • BeachIron
    Options

metamucil.PNG

Through a straw?

Drugs????

jell-o shots?

Hum. There's this powdery stuff, perhaps there's a picture of it around here somewhere, nvm, *sulks*
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

metamucil.PNG

:laugh: :laugh:

I am also a grandma, but I prefer Nopalina.