Make-Up at the Gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Dude, who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares??????

You've been on MFP long enough to know that, apparently, a lot of people do.
    Yeah, people care enough to regurgitate this topic every couple weeks or so.

Worry about yourself at the gym, not other people. I've gone to the gym in makeup after work or an event or just cause. IDGAF what others think about it either.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I always get a little "yuck" feeling from watching people wear makeup while they work out, but it is because I hate the way it feels when I sweat in makeup.

Maybe I've always worn the wrong stuff (likely--it took me years to discover tinted moisturizer for the summer time) but the "yuck" feeling isn't because I think they're somehow bad for wearing makeup or not working out as hard, it's because it seems akin to putting chunky peanut butter between your toes before you go for a jog--gross and unnecessary.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Hey im not judging her i was just commenting on the fact she was a very good looking girl i was just curious as to why some people do it when ive heard it is so hard on the skin ! and like i said normally i dont really pay attention to people but she just stood out is all.... not trying to be negative but i guess it came out that way. sorry if i offended anyone :/

I think you are fairly new here? I wasn't offended, but a lot of us on here are a bit defensive when it seems that people are being judged when going to the gym. This is in large part due to the fact that we see many people posting about fears about being judged when going to the gym, and therefor avoid it. I, for one, am of the opinion that generally any time someone works out, it's a good thing. In makeup, in sparkly spandex, or in street clothes, it's all good. Yes, even prancercize lady. She is, afterall, moving her hiney :flowerforyou:
    yes i am new, and now i feel badly >.< i have so many fears about myself i was judgmental. After reading so many different things and seeing people's progressions on other threads, you're right, at least shes doing her best!

Somebody was corrected on MFP, humbly accepted making a mistake and learned from it?

Is this like, an MFP first?

Good on you OP. you'll do well here.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I work out at home and have make up on if it's after work but only my husband sees it.

However, I will not get onto a competition platform without make up. It may be an age thing because most of the women over 40 are the same. You end up seeing a crap load of pictures of yourself lifting at the meet and I want to look nice. At least as nice as you can look mid squat.
  • mayganr
    Options
    If I already have it on, it's on...
    and my step mom goes really in the morning, and has her makeup on...because that's the only time she has available to get ready for the day...
    people gotta work, take care of little ones, and work out, and if she's not ready before she goes...she wouldn't be able to get ready at all.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    if i see some girl wear make-up(which lot of them do), i just admire how nicely they are dressed or try to copy the shade of lipstick..other than that, its their face..their body..their life..