Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am so in. I haven't had a very good week food wise and TOM is on the way (I feel huge) so I really need this to kick my butt into gear. Only 5 days until I go away on holiday so need all the help I can get.

I'm off to bootcamp shortly then I'll probably do Turbo Jam or Tae bo later. Have already started with the water but really need to get 4 litres down today as a minimum.

Will post later :glasses:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Up early...Think I am going to get my walk in early ....take my daughter out in the stroller for my hour walk today....then the weather is supposed to be nice so maybe a bike ride later and definitely have to wash the car....have to finish my cleaning quota.....supposed to be nice out so should get plenty of water in today........happy SSC everyone!!.....:flowerforyou:
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    I'm in. Have only exercised two days this week and couldn't seem to control my eating when I got in from work. Today I vow to refocus and move on to conquering the 250's! Let me head for the treadmill now!:smile:
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    It's going to be extremely difficult today as I got up really late (12pm) and so I've missed my gym time, so I don't have time to go to the gym now because my bestest wants to go for a run in the park (7km). BUT, I have been pretty good this week. I've already gone to the gym three times this week! :smile:
    Hopefully the run in the park will make up for it, but I did want some "gym time" today but I don't think it's going to happen. I think lots of walking and running mainly today.
    I suppose a change of scenery is good for the soul!

Good luck everyone on your Skinny Saturday Challenges! :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :happy: Ok you guys..........It sounds like everyone has their game plan for today! I am trying to avoid my yummy salty snacks (rats) and kick up the water intake! :tongue: Also, I am kicking up the exercise a bit....I have had to do gentle workouts this summer because of a cast on one foot....going to try SlimN6-Ramp It Up this morning. I am sure I will have to modify a bit but since the cast is off (since Wed) it is time to shape up this atrophied calf.....:laugh: (Nothing like a skinny, flakey, flabby calf...too sexy! :laugh: ) This afternoon I will hit the mat for some stretches and tummy work. I have fallen in love with pilates this summer. It really has changed the shape and tone of my muscles. I was kind of forced into it because of my surgery....walking was my preferrable exercise. But now, I see the results of stretching and toning.....give it a try! You'll love it too! It is also great for stress control. The breathing carries over into other life situations that may be difficult. Many of you have mentioned you are either young parents, out of work, recently divorced, or have other stress in your life.....what I have found is that my situations are really how I react to them. I am learning to be more proactive and do things (like pilates and yoga) to help me keep my stress levels down. This has been especially helpful in getting control of my emotional eating. :smile:

Check in later and let us know how your day is going...and encourage a new friend! :heart: It is beautiful outside today. Get out there and grab some Vitamin D for yourself today:glasses: ......Here's wishing you a SUPER SKINNY SATURDAY! :flowerforyou:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go!:bigsmile: FINISH STRONG!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    So I've done my first work out which was bootcamp in the park this morning, I've also had about 2litres of H20 so I'm officially half way there. I need to do a little house work then it's of to the gym for some cardio and weights.

So far Skinny Saturday is going well.......I just hope the weather brightens up :glasses:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Fab (our great leader)...you set a great example for us....great to see you SLOWLY (BE CAREFUL) getting back into things.....I just joined the YMCA right across the street from where I work. and Iam planning on doing some yoga, pilates and zumba classes....fun and reenergizing to try new things....it officailly opens Monday.........anyway, got my walk in this morning , just waiting for my husband to come back with my new dishwasher so I can wash the car....he turned the water off or I'd be doing it now....heading for my 8th glass of water......happy SSC everyone....check in with you all later!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I have a busy day today. I plan on watching my calories, but might not get in much exercise. I have an extremely skinny Sunday on deck though. I'll be cycling 65 miles for Endure for the Cure. The elevation map for the ride is in my ticker. As you can see, I'll be going uphill for a bit.:noway: Might take in some extra calories tonight as fuel. I'll check in later. Good luck, everyone! :drinker:
  • timbotina
    Options
    I have a busy day today. I plan on watching my calories, but might not get in much exercise. I have an extremely skinny Sunday on deck though. I'll be cycling 65 miles for Endure for the Cure. The elevation map for the ride is in my ticker. As you can see, I'll be going uphill for a bit.:noway: Might take in some extra calories tonight as fuel. I'll check in later. Good luck, everyone! :drinker:

WOW, I admire you...looks ruff....I enjoy biking with the kids in tow...but on bike trails that are fairly level....you must have some great endurance.....Good luck tomorrow....will be rooting for you!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Thanks, Timbotina! I just want to finish it. I won't be breaking any speed records. :laugh: I'm hoping for somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 hours. :tongue:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am so in. Water won't be a problem and motivation always is but holding my own there...

It will be an interesting day on the exercise though as we are switching around the house. My Kids have been sharing a bedroom since Grandpa moved in with us due to health and finances 3 years ago. But they just can't share a room anymore (1 boy/1girl) as my son is 11 now and according to emotions puberty is right around the corner. So we are moving Grandpa into half of the playroom, moving my son back into his room and then moving stuff back into my daughter's room and reorganizing. I expect this will take most of the day.

Have a good one all!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I am in! Did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk by Leslie Sansone and hope do do more later. I'm actually hoping to get out for a walk but it will depend on how much it rains.

I always drink lots of water so just need to watch my foods (already know that we'll be having pizza today so careful planning is in order!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Great job, everyone!! :drinker: Keep it up!

So far, so good. Had breakfast and 4 cups of water so far. After lunch, I'll head out for my long run of the week, and the weather is perfect- 78* and low humidity :love: Nice change from feeling like I live in the Sahara Desert lately :laugh:

Will check in later :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Sky: Wow! Good luck on that ride tomorrow...hope the weather is as great asit is today! I am proud of you for doing this for Endure for the Cure. What a sweet and generous thing for you to do! :heart: We will all be with you in spirit! Check back in and let us know how it went....so today you have every reason to take it easy!

One workout in, lots of water and great on cals. My final numbers are green all the way across! Yay!:bigsmile: I went grocery shopping...first time in 6 weeks......my hubby and mom have been pitching in because of a foot surgery. I got a workout in as now I am wearing a "walking boot." This thing looks like a Shrek foot!!!:laugh: It is sooooooooooo much better than a cast and crutches so I am not complaining. I went wild at the grocery store and have enough fresh fruit to make a fruit salad for all of you! Come on over! :happy: I have plans for my last mat workout and will call it a day. I think I am safe in saying that it has been a Super Skinny Saturday!!! Here is to you for your great efforts today and for being so devoted to getting through the weekend with success! :drinker: Have an awesome Sunday and we will meet you in the Skinny Wed Challenge!
    Cheers!:smooched:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Just in from my 5 mile run :bigsmile:

It totally wiped me out, but I did it! Happy Skinny Saturday, all! :bigsmile:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Did 49 minutes of taebo, and drank plenty of water , had a great skinny saturday:smile:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    My Skinny Saturday is complete:

-13 glasses of water
    -a 5 mile run
    -WAY under my calories (but I'm sure I'll be eating them back tomorrow- I'm always SUPER hungry the day after a long run!)

Mission accomplished! :bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    DId a 1hr walk, some housework, jumping jacks, and washed the car (my husband usually does this but I did it today---that is a pretty good workout, I may take over that chore)....had 15 glasses of water...so I am considering this a successful SSC...hope everyone else did good and enjoyed the first part of the weekend.....see you all WED>>....:drinker:
  • jeweljade
    Options
    Didn't do as great as I had hoped to do but here it is.
    30 min of walking
    25 min of Zumba
    100 oz of water
    There's always skinny Wed to look forward to!!!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I had an extremely lazy Saturday for me! I got to hang out with the bulldog today! My parents went out of town, so they asked if I would "babysit". So put on my HRM & I did some cleaning today, then I bathed & groomed the dog, took him for a walk, then I went on a short bikeride. Not a lot for me, but at least it was some! Went to the fair tonight & came home to a very playful puppy! He is bringing me his toys here on the keyboard as I type! LOL I have slobber on my mouse now too! LOL :tongue:

Wednesday should be a normal routine for Skinny Challenge for me! I won't be here next Sat however....headed to St Louis for the Cubs/Cards game! YAY!!!! :bigsmile: