juicing - the healthy kind!!

Options
Is anyone on here in to drinking fresh pressed juices? I am addicted to juicing spinach, kale, beets, celery, cucumbers, etc...every morning. Friend request me if you are positive and motivated to live an active HEALTHY lifestyle. Looking for like-minded friends who want to share juice and smoothie recipes!

Replies

• Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you joined this group? You might find likeminded individuals. Best of luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16676-smoothie-recipe-swap
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    There is zero benefit to juicing. There is nothing more healthy about it that doesn't exist eating normal foods.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    There is zero benefit to juicing. There is nothing more healthy about it that doesn't exist eating normal foods.

You are wrong. Juicing has all the benefits of eating whole fresh raw fruits and vegetables minus the fibre. Especially if you need to get more greens in for minerals, then drinking a green juice can b a more enjoyable alternative. I dont juice every day but im into raw fruits and veggies so ill send a request :)
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I juice for breakfast everyday and that enables me to consume more vegetables and greens than I ever would eat in a day. I love it and I feel full and have loads of energy until lunch
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I juice every day. Have a cup in front of me at the moment actually!
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options

You are wrong. Juicing has all the benefits of eating whole fresh raw fruits and vegetables minus the fibre. Especially if you need to get more greens in for minerals, then drinking a green juice can b a more enjoyable alternative. I dont juice every day but im into raw fruits and veggies so ill send a request :)
    you say i'm wrong, and then prove i'm right....

I said juicing has no added benefit at best. you then say juicing has all the benefits of eating whole fresh raw fruits and vegetables minus the fibre. That doens't sound like juicing is adding anything to eating normal food.

Food is food. stop overcomplicating things and just eat. for convenience sure, but for health reasons you're wasting your time on voodoo and horsepoop.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I said juicing has no added benefit at best. you then say juicing has all the benefits of eating whole fresh raw fruits and vegetables minus the fibre. That doens't sound like juicing is adding anything to eating normal food.

Food is food. stop overcomplicating things and just eat. for convenience sure, but for health reasons you're wasting your time on voodoo and horsepoop.

Umm...this reads more like you are demonizing food. Most safe food preparations have benefits and drawbacks. There is not a singular preparation that is optimal for everyone or every food. Furthermore, the OP specifically asks to meet people who share an interest in juicing and who are living a healthy lifestyle. She made no claims about the health benefits of other food preparations. There was no magical thinking or outrageous health claim made by the OP.

Juice and smoothie preparations have been part of healthy diets all over the world for a good bit of man's history. There are instructions on how to juice figs and pomegranates in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Mango lassi and kefir are nothing new, and were not invented for the sake of selling handheld blenders. Juicing is a completely normal culinary technique all over the world.

If someone chooses to make juicing a larger part of his/her diet than you do, that is not an inherent measure of the benefits or drawbacks of the food preparation. Also, it is not indicative of any one particular mindset on nutrition.
  • katefitness8
    katefitness8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For those of you who juice daily, have you seen a difference in your skin? I try to eat a lot of raw foods and I'm also vegan but I haven't been able to incorporate daily juicing. I'd like to!

I try to make a kale-banana smoothie a few times a week. Yum!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I was juicing, and loved it. I've just been lazy lately, (well, more like busy) I need to go to the grocery store and buy some more. I loved the energy I was having when I was juicing. :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

Juicing has a lot of great benefits. Do your research, instead of looking for arguments on threads.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! My skin has never looked better! I'm 40 years old - what do you think!? My energy has increased and with each green juice I drink, I am convinced that I'm feeding each cell of my body with nutrients! Some times I will throw a beet into my juicer as beets have been proven to help endurance athletes with performance and I am training for a marathon, so I need all the help I can get!!
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    Have you joined this group? You might find likeminded individuals. Best of luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16676-smoothie-recipe-swap

Thank you!!!
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    For those of you who juice daily, have you seen a difference in your skin? I try to eat a lot of raw foods and I'm also vegan but I haven't been able to incorporate daily juicing. I'd like to!

[/quote

Yes!!!! My skin has never looked better! I'm 40 years old - what do you think!? My energy has increased and with each green juice I drink, I am convinced that I'm feeding each cell of my body with nutrients! Some times I will throw a beet into my juicer as beets have been proven to help endurance athletes with performance and I am training for a marathon, so I need all the help I can get!!
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options

• nomoyoyoing
    Options
    I don't have time to prove anybody wrong. I know the research, and I know how good I feel. I have energy, mental clarity, and positive endorphins ! Thanks everyone for your positive replies!!
  • excitedaboutfitness
    Options

Yes!! I actually suffered from pretty moderate acne most of my life (12 years old is when it started, and now I am 22.) I was on a benzoyl peroxide treatment series, using bunches of products, and then still getting anywhere from 1-3 zits at any given time.

I bought a juicer a few months ago and started drinking a glass of carrot + celery juice every morning (and sometimes another glass in the evening).

I am totally off all of my face skin-care products aside from a mild soap and a mild moisturizer. And I have only had one zit in the last three months :-) I've also been told my skin looks glow-y and healthy.
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Juicing is what kick started my weight loss. But I don't use a juicer I use a NutriBullet. I just started again but I'm not only juicing I'm eating also. I like kale and pineapple. Or spinach and pineapple and green apples. People really made me feel stupid for juicing and it really hurt me and made me almost give up. I'm glad I have some people on my side about juicing.
  • katefitness8
    Options

[/quote

Wow!!! That's great! I would have sworn you were in your late 20's, early 30's. I think I'll definitely try to start juicing daily.
  • katefitness8
    Options

Yes!! I actually suffered from pretty moderate acne most of my life (12 years old is when it started, and now I am 22.) I was on a benzoyl peroxide treatment series, using bunches of products, and then still getting anywhere from 1-3 zits at any given time.

I bought a juicer a few months ago and started drinking a glass of carrot + celery juice every morning (and sometimes another glass in the evening).

I am totally off all of my face skin-care products aside from a mild soap and a mild moisturizer. And I have only had one zit in the last three months :-) I've also been told my skin looks glow-y and healthy.

That's so great! Wow! Congratulations! I heard carrots are great in juices to add a slight glow to your skin.
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    Juicing is what kick started my weight loss. But I don't use a juicer I use a NutriBullet. I just started again but I'm not only juicing I'm eating also. I like kale and pineapple. Or spinach and pineapple and green apples. People really made me feel stupid for juicing and it really hurt me and made me almost give up. I'm glad I have some people on my side about juicing.