juicing - the healthy kind!!

Options
2»

Replies

• nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Juicing is what kick started my weight loss. But I don't use a juicer I use a NutriBullet. I just started again but I'm not only juicing I'm eating also. I like kale and pineapple. Or spinach and pineapple and green apples. People really made me feel stupid for juicing and it really hurt me and made me almost give up. I'm glad I have some people on my side about juicing.

Never go e up on something so healthy! Those haters are envious that they haven't caught the health bug!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Juicing is what kick started my weight loss. But I don't use a juicer I use a NutriBullet. I just started again but I'm not only juicing I'm eating also. I like kale and pineapple. Or spinach and pineapple and green apples. People really made me feel stupid for juicing and it really hurt me and made me almost give up. I'm glad I have some people on my side about juicing.

Juicing is also what kickstarted my weight loss. I did straight juice for 10 days, and once I started to fantasize about salads and nuts, I knew it was time to throw in some 'real / whole' foods. For the 1st 10 days, I was juicing about 6 times a day.... then, about 4 times a day + a gigantic salad.... I've been slowly adapting.

Another group to talk about juicing is this one.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

Juicing really helped me out. And after all, in the end, it is all about ME.

allaboutme2.jpg
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    I decided to open this back up for any new juicing fanatics out there. Juicing is my crack! Anyone else care to share what juicing veggies has done for you?
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The way I read this thread is as follows...juicing will not provide every single benefit of just consuming the fruits and vegetables, but it does provide much convenience to people who want most of the benefits of these foods...juicing is substantially better than not consuming any of the fruits and vegetables...am i missing anything?good luck to everyone on their journey
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wheelsjad wrote: »
    The way I read this thread is as follows...juicing will not provide every single benefit of just consuming the fruits and vegetables, but it does provide much convenience to people who want most of the benefits of these foods...juicing is substantially better than not consuming any of the fruits and vegetables...am i missing anything?good luck to everyone on their journey

The OP created this thread looking for others who love juicing. No claims were made that juicing was better than any other way of consuming veggies.

If you are not of like mind, why bother commenting?? This thread obviously wasn't directed towards you.
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    Options
    I decided to open this back up for any new juicing fanatics out there. Juicing is my crack! Anyone else care to share what juicing veggies has done for you?

My husband and I juice almost every day, and eat very little meat. :smile: He has seen a significant drop in weight. He also walks a lot. We both really just enjoy juicing (and blending) because it is far easier to drink 5-8 servings of veggies than it is to eat them, haha.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Why this was in the Fitness and Exercise section rather than the Food and Nutrition section?
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Why this was in the Fitness and Exercise section rather than the Food and Nutrition section?

Because I'm not perfect
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options

If you are not of like mind, why bother commenting?? This thread obviously wasn't directed towards you.

I was simply reading about a subject and trying to gather information on it...I dont know any other way to become "of like mind". I didnt say anything for or against the practice of juicing...just was asking for clarity on the facts. It seems like the convenience far outweighs the loss of certain nutrition to most people, maybe it is a taste thing too, idk
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A friend let me borrow his juicer a few years ago and I just started using it. I've made a handful of juices with it -- found an awesome website that has recipes: https://juicerecipes.com/ and there's also one for smoothies -- and they have been delicious. I'll alternate between making juice and smoothies for breakfast.

I do it because it's simple and easy and it's a good way to get all my servings of fruits and veggies in.
  • mean_and_lean
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Because I'm not perfect

I wonder if you can ask the mods to move it?
  • Kristin2626
    Kristin2626 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a roommate whose mother had fought breast cancer by juicing. The tumor shrunk until it was small enough to be operable. The roommate let me use her juicer (I was a green smoothie drinker before) and I definitely got sort of a "kick" out of the juice -- even if it was minimally sweet. I have been thinking about getting a juicer, but I have so much kitchen stuff!
  • Kristin2626
    Kristin2626 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The other part of the story that people lose sight of is that not only are we as a nation overweight on average, we are actually malnourished. Anything that improves that side of the coin encourages better health.
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    Options

I was simply reading about a subject and trying to gather information on it...I dont know any other way to become "of like mind". I didnt say anything for or against the practice of juicing...just was asking for clarity on the facts. It seems like the convenience far outweighs the loss of certain nutrition to most people, maybe it is a taste thing too, idk

I apologize for being rude.

For me, convenience isn't really a factor, because it's kind of a mess to prep and clean after juicing, lol. But, the nutritional benefits, for me, are what keeps me going. You know exactly what's in the juice when you juice it yourself. And you can drink far more than you could eat in a sitting. And if you want to include the fiber, you can blend instead of juice. :) I usually do a mixture of both.
  • mean_and_lean
    Options

I apologize for being rude.

For me, convenience isn't really a factor, because it's kind of a mess to prep and clean after juicing, lol. But, the nutritional benefits, for me, are what keeps me going. You know exactly what's in the juice when you juice it yourself. And you can drink far more than you could eat in a sitting. And if you want to include the fiber, you can blend instead of juice. :) I usually do a mixture of both.

I've made about half a dozen juices and I'm still trying to figure out where this "mess" is that people talk about. Sure, there's pulp in the catcher but that just gets dumped down the garbage disposal. As for the "messy prep" it's no different than cutting up stuff to put in a salad or something like that.

*shrugs* maybe I'm just used to washing dishes after I've made something so cleaning up after juicing is just normal.
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    I had a roommate whose mother had fought breast cancer by juicing. The tumor shrunk until it was small enough to be operable. The roommate let me use her juicer (I was a green smoothie drinker before) and I definitely got sort of a "kick" out of the juice -- even if it was minimally sweet. I have been thinking about getting a juicer, but I have so much kitchen stuff!
    The other part of the story that people lose sight of is that not only are we as a nation overweight on average, we are actually malnourished. Anything that improves that side of the coin encourages better health.

Absolutely!!
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options

I totally believe that. Food (juicing) as medicine.