Chinese Buffet

Options
2»

Replies

• padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I worked in a Chinese restaurant for 3 years while I was in college, then a Tex-Mex restaurant after that. I loved the Chinese food the whole time, and ate it everyday. I was sick of the Tex-Mex after 3 days. Real Mexican, that is a different story. I don't eat it as often as I use to, but I love the fact that real Mexican restaurants are popping up now. I also LOVE Vietnamese Pho. That soup is the bomb. I ate at the Chinese restaurant I worked at until the lady that owned it sold the building, but not the business, so none of her recipes were used. It is still a Chinese restaurant, but the quality is not there. I am a total foodie!

You know what they say, "Once you have been in the kitchen of a restaurant, you will probable never eat there again". Like I said, I ate there until she sold it. Her children did not want the business. I learned so much about hard work and good food from that little widowed Chinese lady who could not read or write a work of English.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Like someone above said, make healthy choices...which would mean nothing fried or sitting in a tray of grease.

I primarily load up on sushi. I feel I get my money's worth after about 30 pieces.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I personally am of the opinion that buffets make it too hard to eat healthily to be worth it. Either you get salad and grilled chicken and feel jealous of everybody else, or you eat like a normal person and then realize you put away 500 calories worth of fried junk. If you want to do it as a treat, go for it, but if I'm going to go way over my calories it's going to be on something *really* good. Not on fried who-knows-what drenched in sugary sauces.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this 3d puzzles me.... so many people talking about Sushi when referring to a Chinese Buffet.. mmm what do the two have to do with each other?
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have ZERO willpower at buffets!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Chinese! I love to go there. What I do is first have a plate with a little bit of everything, then I go back for fruit, pudding and well, more crab rangoons (personal fav) then I am stuffed. Great now I want Chinese!! :sad:
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    this 3d puzzles me.... so many people talking about Sushi when referring to a Chinese Buffet.. mmm what do the two have to do with each other?

Many (most?) Chinese Buffets have sushi.