Do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. It depends on what I have planned to do for the day after I am done with the gym. I find when I am pressed for time, showering at the gym helps me get done faster and carry on with my day.
  • Miepke99
    Miepke99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't. I'm too uncomfortable showing my body to other people. It's a public shower, so nowhere to hide. And I can't walk or stand barefooted, so that would mean that I always need to bring an extra pair of shoes (slippers) and my bag is already filled.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Used to do anything to avoid it

then realised, 'hey people of all sizes are doing it'

so decided their was absolutely no reason not to use them, my self esteem was getting in the way.

Alot more confortable with myself since I did it, their has been a few towel drops, and one time i accidently brought a hand towel instead of a large one.

Plus i dont like being stinky for too long after the gym
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Always shower at the gym as I go to the gym near work before work. Individual cubicles so can shower and dry off and then do the towel dance in the changing room to get underwear on ;-) Showers are hotter with better water pressure than my one at home any way and there are hairdryers in the changing room. They are kept very clean so no concerns about using them.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I go first thing in the morning, so yeah, there's lots of women showering & getting ready for work in the locker room at the gym.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I go home. I am terrifed of MRSA. Probably not a valid concern, but I just feel better going home.:noway:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I have showered at my gym (they have individual bathrooms w/ showers which is VERY nice) but I generally wait until I get home since I need a long cool down period. Nothing worse than still sweating when you get out of the shower.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I really don't have tme to do it any other way and to waste gas to go home and then head back almost to same area is stupid. Our gym is clean they provide towels, hairdryers and a lot of other things. I want as much time to work out as I can before work or during my break when I work with trainer. You can change in area by shower so no one can see you too.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym Monday-Friday. 1) I live about a half an hour from the gym so going home is not an option, 2) My hot water heater is electric so showering at the gym saves significantly on the electric bill. The only thing that sucks is when you forget something. Things I've forgotten to pack - A towel to shower with, socks, underwear, a shirt, belt. Thank god there is a walmart down the street.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Depends. I workout after work so if I'm going home after my workout no. If I'm not going home or going out after my workout (or on those rare occasions I decide to get up at 4 am to go to the gym before work) I'll shower at the gym.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If AM workout- and I'm headed to work- then I shower and head out.

If PM workout- I go home- then no.

If lunch time and I'm going back to work- then yes I shower

I shower when I need to... with appropriate foot wear.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww! No way will I ever shower or use hot tubs at a gym ever again. Athletes foot, nail fungus, roundworm fungus, yuck!

Ok... minus the Ewwwww, cause well I'm a guy.... my sentiments exactly :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    When I went to LA fitness after swim class I would shower because a lot of the times I would go to work after and I hated the chemical smell on me. (i wore flip flops in the shower though lol)

At my current gym it has 2 private bathroom / showerrs like you would have at home and i feel bad taking one of them up for a shower. I see the floor wet at times so I know people use them probably those who go before work and such but I have a few hours after my gym of free time so I go home.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I usually do for the AM workouts so I can head straight to work after my gym session.
  • korina84
    korina84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's why people bring flipflops for showers :)
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Shower there every day around 0700. Get a pair of flip flops and you're good to go.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I do, but I go to the gym before work and am not going to go to work dripping with sweat. My gym has personal showers though, so I don't have to worry about getting undressed in front of anyone. If that's an issue, you could always wear a bathing suit. I don't blame you for wanting to take a shower in peace! :drinker:
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't LIKE it, but I do it.
    Mostly because I have two little kids (under age 5), and if I don't shower at the gym while they are at the play place, it's not likely to happen until they go to bed.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I go home ... less pervs being weird that way.