Do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    There should be a shower or two in the TARDIS, don't you think, Pond?
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always bring the necessities: shower shoes included. So if I decide to shower there I can. Never would I shower there without shower shoes too many risks of athletes foot, fungi, warts, etc....
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Whenever possible I try to co-ordinate my gym sessions with the pool opening times so I can just rinse off in my swimsuit and cool down properly in the pool before a shower and then home.
  • Nar1965
    Nar1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    I actually love finishing my workout and getting ready for the day at the gym. I always have my stuff in my bag -- flip flops, round brush, hair and face stuff. My gym has individual showers, and supplies hair dryers and towels, so that makes it nice. Happy to wash fewer towels at home!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Eww never lol

Im lucky that I live 1 minute away from my gym!!!! I go in my gym cloths and come straight home to shower/ change/ freshen up!!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i have showered at my gym before and had no issues. i did make sure that i took a pair of flip flops to wear. (Those $1 flip flops from Old Navy are perfect for this in my opinion - LOL!) My gym is pretty much a no-frills place so we don't have towels, hair dryers or curling irons, but the shower area is private so it's to each their own.

Best of luck to you in your fitness journey :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When I belonged to a gym years ago I used to shower after every workout and it seemed most people did. I've joined a gym very recently and haven't showered there, just go straight home...have also noticed alot of people not using the showers.

I go in the mornings so maybe it's different in the evenings. I prefer the privacy and cleanliness of my home : )
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I loved showering at the gym but now I live in the middle of nowhere and my gym is small, thus no showers. It's less then a mile from home so it's no biggie to just run home.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My gym is at my workplace so I go in, do my workout then shower and head to my office for the day. Quite convenient. I don't really care if people see my fat nekid bum - it's not like I'm even paying attention to people when I get out of the shower and have all of 10 minutes to dress, do my hair, throw on my eyeliner & deodorant and get to my desk!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    There should be a shower or two in the TARDIS, don't you think, Pond?

I think this is my favorite response so far!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I get ready at the gym the mornings I work out - the aerobics classes start at 5:30am. My children are in high school so they dont need me home to get them ready - also - we only have one shower in our house so im more likely to be on time if I get ready at the gym... oh and its two blocks from my work...
    The water pressure is awesome at the gym as well!!!!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    No way. I have seen how gross some of the people at the gym are, I don't want to share showers with them.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I don't normally, as I usually go to the gym after work and then go straight home. The primary exception being if I swim - I make sure I wash my hair right away after swimming, because the chlorine does a number on my hair.

I'm considering joining a new gym that just opened and will be catering to local triathletes - indoor running track with running coaches for free, dedicated lap pool, computrainers, etc....If I do that, I would more likely attempt to go in the morning, which would definitely mean showering there, since it is on my way to work. Thankfully, I don't have to "do" my hair, just wash, towel dry, and brush (even in the winter with sub-zero temps and snowstorms). I would be there for 3 hours if I attempted to blow dry my hair, because it is so long and thick, so I never do it - even at home (I can count on one hand the number of times I've attempted it).
  • teaparty75
    Options
    Eww never lol

Im lucky that I live 1 minute away from my gym!!!! I go in my gym cloths and come straight home to shower/ change/ freshen up!!

same here !! i do make sure to frebreeze my car when i get out of it LOL
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I do agree with the flip-flops, just in case.

The jacuzzi that I loved so much smelled heavily of bleach -- more so than the pool did. I wasn't concerned about much living through that, but I did wonder if bleaching your skin for that long is such a good idea. My bathing suits would change color after a couple of weeks!

Our locker room had one of those spin-dry things for your bathing suits, too. I want one of those for home, lol.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I go home and shower mostly because the showers at my gym are kinda nasty. However if I'm going to the gym and then heading out some where else -- like dinner or a meeting -- then I might factor that in and shower at the gym.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yes love it - never runs out of hot water in winter like my house does -_-
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No. Well not yet. I either go after work, and go home, or I go to the gym and back home.

i don't feel comfortable--the showers are frosty glass. What's weird is I don't mind the being naked in front of people before/after part, I just feel weird knowing people can see my movements while i wash. I guess if i have to I will, but I don't normally carry toiletries or flip flops with me....
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No, I used to at my old gym, but now the water is included in my rent, and I live close to the gym.. So I just walk home and shower. If you wanna cut some bill expenses, go for it! :)

Another reason why I don't is because old asian ladies walk around in the locker room completely naked like it's their house, and I'm just like, eww cover up with a towel at least.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Eww never lol

same here !! i do make sure to frebreeze my car when i get out of it LOL

Haha!!