Tim Hortons,eh?

Options
Hello Canadian friends! How is it going, eh?

Is Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee supposed to taste like it's got a ****load of sugar and cream in it? I got an extra large French Vanilla(supposed to be just black coffee with a flavor shot in it?). Pretty sure they messed up my order. Unless those shots are magic.

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Is Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee supposed to taste like it's got a ****load of sugar and cream in it? I got an extra large French Vanilla(supposed to be just black coffee with a flavor shot in it?). Pretty sure they messed up my order. Unless those shots are magic.

Misread and thought this was about beach body or P90X.

Tim/Tony, apparently they are the same name in my mind at first glance.

Your beverage sounds tasty though. Anything that tastes like it has a ****load of sugar and cream in it has to be good.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Your beverage sounds tasty though. Anything that tastes like it has a ****load of sugar and cream in it has to be good.

It tastes like cookies. Coffee cookies. It's awesome. But if they put sugar and cream in it it's around 550 calories. I'd rather have cake.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have not had Tim Horton's ANYTHING in forever...and even with the crapload of sugar and cream, that drink sounds good right now.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

It tastes like cookies. Coffee cookies. It's awesome. But if they put sugar and cream in it it's around 550 calories. I'd rather have cake.
    I'll have the coffee AND the cake please!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I think the French Vanilla is from a machine like you would get hot chocolate from. So it is presweetened like from a mix. It's not French Vanilla flavoured black coffee. It is delicious but deadly
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options
    I think the French Vanilla is from a machine like you would get hot chocolate from. So it is presweetened like from a mix. It's not French Vanilla flavoured black coffee. It is delicious but deadly

Uh damn. I thought that's just the french vanilla capuccino? That's probably what they gave me. Oh well, I'm gonna drink it anyways.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I miss Timmy HoHo's. One of the drawbacks of moving out west.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Tims, and that is a cappuccino that you got. They are loaded with sugar. Coffee with a vanilla flavor shot would be next to nothing. Im pretty sure the flavor shots are either calorie free or ultra low cal.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Tims, and that is a cappuccino that you got. They are loaded with sugar. Coffee with a vanilla flavor shot would be next to nothing. Im pretty sure the flavor shots are either calorie free or ultra low cal.

I just looked it up on the Tims site, there are zero calories in all the flavor shots!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

I just looked it up on the Tims site, there are zero calories in all the flavor shots!!
    I just learned that myself. I have a large coffee with a hazelnut shot all the time now. I had to give up the Timmy's that I used to get: an extra large triple triple with a bagel and cream cheese every morning. About 800-1000 cals. :noway:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

Yeah. I definitely got the Cappucino. Sad panda. But it's delicious. So happy panda too.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

Yeah. I definitely got the Cappucino. Sad panda. But it's delicious. So happy panda too.

ETA: guess from now on i'll juat ask for an extra large black coffee with a flavor shot, so there's no confusion.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I forgot it is the cappucino. They are soooo good but so sweet and calorific.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Didn't check the French vanilla coffee nutritionnal value but it must be sugar loaded.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    The French vanilla is the kind that comes out of a machine all sugary and milky. It' supposed to be sweeeeet! You can get coffee with flavor shots added though, which I guess you'd order differently.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    What coffee places consider a shot versus what I consider a shot? Four times as much, it turns out! I was going to have an iced coffee at Sbux last week and asked if I could just have a whisper of caramel syrup and a splash of fat free milk in it. The guy says, "A Grande usually has FOUR shots in it...how about just two?" I said, "How about just one, please!" And that was enough to give it a little sweetness... and the sweet guy making it didn't charge me for the syrup. :) I love flavored coffee, but prefer to save the serious calories for actual food!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We love to visit Tim Hortons when we are visiting family in Windsor! Yummy donuts! :love:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    They have the best plain coffee known to man. I've had to ditch the cream and switch to milk in mine.

They now have k cups of their perfect coffee wonderfulness, best way to start the day.
  • ironyogrr
    Options
    I've never actually been to a Tim Horton's but i know in other coffee chains, they usually do a sugar free version of all their syrups, if you can ask for that? It doesn't really make any difference to the taste, especially if you are having it with coffee :)
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What Canadian can ignore a Tim Hortons post? lol. Sorry you were given the wrong drink OP! I hate when the screw up my order!