Tim Hortons,eh?

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Daily Tim's girl checking in.

Pumpkin spice muffins are back. They are soooo good! Unfortunately, I'm working on my own muffin top & won't be indulging.
    I need to get to Tim's asap. I missed the Smile cookies, but I will not miss the pumpkin spice muffins.
    tumblr_mty7ckvJQs1sj3oxho1_500.gif
    410 calories though! :sad: Where do you live? Can we meet somewhere and split one. :laugh:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure whatever it is that you got, it has crack in it.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    tim hortons is the ONLY GROSS THING IN CANADA.

lolcat%2Bslap.jpg
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello Canadian friends! How is it going, eh?

Is Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee supposed to taste like it's got a ****load of sugar and cream in it? I got an extra large French Vanilla(supposed to be just black coffee with a flavor shot in it?). Pretty sure they messed up my order. Unless those shots are magic.

yes and i love it but ill only have a small. its premixed as someone said before
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options

THANK YOU - I secretly detest Tims and I feel like I have to turn in my Canadian Card becasue of it.

Also, why do so many people need to order it Double Double? Cuz when you drink it black it tastes like stale bitter coffee sludge so you need all the extras to make it taste good....BLAH

I am so glad there is one other Canadian like me :happy:
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just looked on their website - a large flavoured latte is 200 calories with 34 grams of sugar. The large cappuccino is 120 calories with much less sugar.

You definitely got the latte! 200 isn't horrible though. Starbucks lattes are twice that.
  • KathleenMurry
    Options

THANK YOU - I secretly detest Tims and I feel like I have to turn in my Canadian Card becasue of it.

Also, why do so many people need to order it Double Double? Cuz when you drink it black it tastes like stale bitter coffee sludge so you need all the extras to make it taste good....BLAH

2 Canadians like you!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    They have the best plain coffee known to man. I've had to ditch the cream and switch to milk in mine.

They now have k cups of their perfect coffee wonderfulness, best way to start the day.

^^This! Can't imagine a morning without my Tim's. The Smile Cookies rock too if you can get your hands on one. I do wish they would up their game when it comes to the food though. (Although that new steak sammich didn't suck) .
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! Next thing you're going to admit that you don't like maple syrup and curling.:laugh:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Hello Canadian friends! How is it going, eh?

Is Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee supposed to taste like it's got a ****load of sugar and cream in it? I got an extra large French Vanilla(supposed to be just black coffee with a flavor shot in it?). Pretty sure they messed up my order. Unless those shots are magic.

sadly, yes. That's how it's 'supposed' to taste. Their french vanilla is just hot chocolate with a mocha flavoring added. It even comes from their hot chocolate machine.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the new Extra Large yet?

tim-hortons-price.jpg
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! Next thing you're going to admit that you don't like maple syrup and curling.:laugh:

Loves me some maple syrup; like to curl but would rather watch paint dry than watch curling.

And I don't like CAESAR'S....sigh. Its so shameful. I don't feel like I have any one to turn to with these deep dark secrets.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the nutritional info for a large flavored cappuccino from Timmie's (that's what we Canadian's call it): http://www.timhortons.com/nutrition/index.php?step2=75&nuttype=Canada&subc=go&item1649=1

So 200 cal, 0.3g fat, 36g carbs 34g sugar.
    They are so delicious, but not very good for you. Every now and again I'll order a large coffee with a 1/4 french vanilla cappuccino in it. Very nice!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just looked on their website - a large flavoured latte is 200 calories with 34 grams of sugar. The large cappuccino is 120 calories with much less sugar.

You definitely got the latte! 200 isn't horrible though. Starbucks lattes are twice that.

don't know what you were looking at, but the large french vanilla is around 300 calories.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo Canada! <3
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got the French vanilla Cappuccino and not the flavoured coffee.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's debatable!
    The coffee is usually borderline, I'll give ya that!
    However, it's not the only gross thing in Canada...Ever been to Sarnia?
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's French vanilla is the cappuccino not the flavoured coffee. Look at the menu next time.
  • KathleenMurry
    Options

don't know what you were looking at, but the large french vanilla is around 300 calories.

The Tim Hortons website
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    If you asked for french vanilla then they gave you a cappuccino which is definitely not coffee with a shot in it but a buttload of sugar. They automatically do this because people rarely ask for coffee with a shot and just saying french vanilla is basically seen as the shorter version of the drink. If you want a french vanilla shot in black coffee then you have to ask for that specifically since it's not really a thing on it's own in the menu.

(previous management at Tim Hortons) lol