5 Weeks into Strong Lifts and No Results!

Options
5 Weeks into Strong Lifts and No Results! Does it take longer sometimes? I'm already healthy weight, just got unwanted fat around the middle (belly, *kitten*, thighs) I've been consistantly lifting for the last 5 weeks and eating a deficit weighing and measuring foods. Hypothyroid is under control and recently checked. T1 diabetes is a struggle with some highs and lows. Im doing a TDEE -10% but for the first few weeks it was larger like TDEE -20%.

I already know that some people are gonna whine about my post and say what they want BUT I really wanna know why i don't see anything in 5 weeks when I have taken the good advice of the people on here. Is there something wrong with me? Cause that's how i feel. This is my first time losing weight from pregnancy and my first time lifting heavy to reduce body fat and keep LBM.

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

???
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5cf4enVyn1r591od.gif
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Edit: Tired of OP never paying attention to any helpful information that has been given many times over.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    5 Weeks into Strong Lifts and No Results! Does it take longer sometimes? I'm already healthy weight, just got unwanted fat around the middle (belly, *kitten*, thighs) I've been consistantly lifting for the last 5 weeks and eating a deficit weighing and measuring foods. Hypothyroid is under control and recently checked. T1 diabetes is a struggle with some highs and lows. Im doing a TDEE -10% but for the first few weeks it was larger like TDEE -20%.

I already know that some people are gonna whine about my post and say what they want BUT I really wanna know why i don't see anything in 5 weeks when I have taken the good advice of the people on here. Is there something wrong with me? Cause that's how i feel. This is my first time losing weight from pregnancy and my first time lifting heavy to reduce body fat and keep LBM.

No results, huh? No weight loss, no inches change, not getting stronger, not gaining endurance, just NOTHING?

Really?

Are you doing it wrong?
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    Aren't you supposed to eat at a calorie surplus to gain muscle?
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    hey this is just some advice ive just took a look at your diary from the past week and with your logging it is very inconsistent with hitting your calorie goals (this is just from what i can see, there may be more to the story) some days you are below and some are way over. they key to weight loss is the deficit so there is nothing wrong with you the results will come you just have to be more strict on the calories
    good luck
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    wow-I am sorry you haven't gotten ANY supportive posts. I am going to start this workout next month and was hoping to see some positive advice.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    wow-I am sorry you haven't gotten ANY supportive posts. I am going to start this workout next month and was hoping to see some positive advice.

Theres a reason for that.

As a PP said, your diary is very inconsistent. Youve been told repeatedly that you need to be consistent. Try that and maybe youll finally see results
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I would encourage you to start a new thread.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    thank you, OP. your timing is impeccable. the 9ers kick off in 15 minutes and at halftime our pizza and wings will be here so I can mow them while reading the gold mine this thread will hopefully turn into. :smokin:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

There's history here you aren't aware of.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

If you make your own thread I promise supportive posts and insight/advice will follow. There are just things you aren't aware of taking place in this thread.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    headdesk.gif
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    may i ask what your goal is? either be able to lift strong, general weight loss, muscle building, etc?

edit* by other posts i feel i have totally missed out on something!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In what way are you looking for results?

I was already in pretty damn good shape when I started SL, but I still saw improvements in 5 weeks. But not in the mirror or on the scale. I saw improvements - however slight - when I compared progress photos. And huge improvements when I looked at the amount of weight I was lifting.

So... yeah. There's going to be results. But they're not always going to jump out and say, "HERE WE ARE!" You have to look for them.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options

No results, huh? No weight loss, no inches change, not getting stronger, not gaining endurance, just NOTHING?

Really?

Are you doing it wrong?

Agreed. I'm sorry but I think you are expecting miracles of massive weight loss and buff muscles way too soon.
    I do stronglifts. The point is to add weight every work out, hence that little bit extra is automatically making you stronger and building your endurance. Steadily upping is going to have an effect in the LONG TERM.

If you read Medhi's emails he sends EVERY week he tells you it's consistency that does it and it takes steady progression.
    The point of stronglifts is to be STRONG. There is a difference between strong and wanting to lose weight. The side effect of building muscle is that you generally lose weight as well.

It's also male focussed, it doesn't mean we can't as women do the same programme, it just takes us longer.

Please be patient. Just keep going.