what plan are you on that is working really well?

Options
2»

Replies

• abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am doing Weight Watchers on my own and MFP. Also, I cut out sugar and salt, no soda and minimal caffeine. Just in a day, I have lost 2 pounds. :) Good luck to you!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I always regain when I use plans - WW, Flat Belly, South Beach.. so now I use MFP and that's it. I track my calories and try to stay within the recommended values and incorporate some of the better tasting recipes I have picked up along the way on the other plans, I eat as much organic and natural food as I can, lots of veggies and whole grains, fresh fruit - limited diet soda and switched to water more often than not. I also work out at least 5 days a week for at least 45 - 60 minutes a day. My progress is slow but it is happening and I don't feel deprived or frustrated. I think this is a lifestyle I can maintain.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what plan everyone was on that is making them lose weight every week.
    or are you just counting calories?

I eat 1200 calories per day, exercise three to four times per week, (three days on the treadmill, one day as a long walk outside). I do not eat my exercise calories.

I make sure I have protein in every meal as it is filling. I only weigh and measure once per week, I do not touch the scales inbetween.

I am losing weight, every week.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I work out six days a week and use MFP to track my food. Lather, rinse, repeat.

A year and 31 pounds later, I couldn't be more pleased. :smile:
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    the eat-seasonal-fresh-food-as-often-as-possible plan. that and eating slowly and savoring my food. and just being mindful of what i'm eating about 95% of the time. we can all afford our treats. i also work out a few times a week, not too crazy, but I try to keep myself on my feet or moving during the day, say, by making dinner for 3 hours :) Since last year I've lost 22 pounds, 10 of those since joining MFP.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I also try to eat as many unprocessed foods as possible and as fresh as possible. I try to stay in my calorie range and keep my carbs, fats, and protein checked. I watch my portion control as I always ate pretty healthy, just more then I should. So not really dieting, just eating correctly. Oh, and walking, light weights and soon I will be OK'ed to ride my bike again, Yippy. And nothing is really off limits if I can fit it into my calorie range and really want it. A rare treat is so worth it.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I religiously log my food, which has been a real eye opener. I have also started measuring my food...what I thought was a serving of cereal, was actually 4 :noway: I have also been using MFP to up my exercise. I do cardio every other day and strength training every other day. I eat up to 1600 calories a day, I tried the 1200, but found I was starving. I am also a vegetarian, which really does help with weight loss! I also don't eat dairy, and only have an occasional egg. I have not lost a ton of weight, but that is ok, my actual goal is to be fit and healthy. I have lost inches!! I :heart: MFP!!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I like to eat for the most part I eat healthy : Salad, boiled chicken, rice cakes and lots of Protien shakes, I loged my healthy Cal and found out I was consuming 5000 cal a day no wounder I couldn't drop a weight.

So I count the cal and I'm lifting 5 days a week and now I'm doing cardio 7 days a week
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the MFP plan, C25K, hundred pushups, and a cycling class.