Replies

• love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! and good luck with the rest of your journey :flowerforyou:
  • ny77il
    ny77il Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the great work! It took time to gain the weight and it will take time to lose it.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! :bigsmile:
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Brave.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You Rock!
    Keep it up!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Fifty pounds is fantastic and you have a great attitude. You can find amazing support on this site. I wish you all the best.
  • lrevels1
    lrevels1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! THanks for sharing! 50lbs is a major milestone. Way to go!
  • LMHackney
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    proud of you ! when we see your success it encourages everyone no matter how many pounds we want to lose. I also have debilitating injuries to my spine, plus major health issues. Losing weight is not as easy as healthy people who say its only calories in and calories out.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is just amazing. Keep up the great work! I know you said that people only want to see the pretty ones, but it just isn't always true. I want to hear about ALL success simply because you never know when you are going to meet someone who says it's impossible and you need to say nope. If so and so can do it, so can YOU. Right now, right this very minute, I know a man who needs to see this -- he was turned down for weight loss surgery. And I know he feels a bit hopeless and isn't sure he can do it. But you, you might change his mind. Every life, every goal, serves a purpose even if we don't understand it or know it at the time. Thanks for posting!
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to your next 50 pound loss!
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 50lbs. is a heck of an awesome milestone! Be proud of yourself, you are inspiring!!!!! :)
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Keep kicking *kitten*! :) You are amazing!
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WLS is not failure. It's a tool. And don't let anyone tell you it's the easy way to lose weight. You're doing great and we are here to support you on your continued journey. I had WLS 14 years ago. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    WLS is not failure. It's a tool. And don't let anyone tell you it's the easy way to lose weight. You're doing great and we are here to support you on your continued journey. I had WLS 14 years ago. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you :) I definitely appreciate that. I know it's not an easy out, it's a weird mix of emotions that I have about it but ultimately I think I'm in the best place I could be for it. Ever appreciative of insight.
  • benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I want to tell you that you inspire me. Every time life tries to knock you down, you get back up to fight another day. You are dealing with different challenges than I am, but I have days when I cry and ask "Why did God give me this situation? Why can't I figure out how to make it better?" I'm going to remember you the next time those tears come and push on to the next day, doing the best I can.

I am glad for you that WLS is an option for you. I don't know a lot about it, but I doubt it is a magic bullet that will solve everything and you won't need to put in any more hard work. I think it is a helping hand that you need to get going in the healthier direction for your life that you desire. Please don't be ashamed or think you have failed by using the available help. I'm sure there will still be struggles even after that is done but I hope that your overall health will improve and it will make taking the next step in your journey toward better health just a bit easier.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Quasita wrote: »
    It's almost 3 years after this posting, and I've returned to it because of some things we are currently doing to move my life forward.
    It's crazy to me to think that just two weeks after I posted this, I was in the hospital dying. Actually, in the photograph, I was dying, and I just didn't know it yet. A month later, I had yet another surgery, and was on bedrest for 3 months, and restricted exercise for over 6 months.
    Now, it's 3 months later, and my body looks a bit different, but I weigh about the same. After that last surgery, I gained back another chunk of weight and then had to lose it again... After a while, I got to the same 20lbs, down and up, down and up.
    I still want to be an inspiration. I know that probably no one else is watching this post, and that's okay. I just thought I'd update it, before continuing on my way... I've been regularly logging in and mapping my progress as I can, but now planning on having weight loss surgery because we just have to push forward past this.

I did find out, however, that my official starting weight was more like 530lbs, so my loss to date is more like 100lbs. I struggle with the shame and failure of having surgery after losing so much on my own, but I feel like being open and honest is the best way to know that I am so much more than that.
    To all those that commented 3 years ago, your comments still warmed my struggling heart all this time later. Thank you again <3

No shame at all. It is a tool to help you succeed in improving your health, not a cheat or a shortcut. From your history here I'm sure you are crystal clear on that. I hope you have a good surgical team, an easy recovery with no complications, and that you are able to make great progress.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry to hear you got the rug pulled out from under you again. Best wishes on your journey toward health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!