Adverse effects from frequent ice cream eating?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OP the only added side affect from frequent ice cream consumption is that I'm having to buy more ice cream and I'm blissfully happy when I go to bed at night. I love ice cream- and i think people who eat it are happier.

like beer.

it just makes you happier. :D
    For a healthier option, substitute fresh fruit for the ice-cream.
    Your body will thank you for it.
    kind regards,

Ben

fresh fruit isn't ice cream.

it's not even close enough to be compared to a substitute.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Eat the icecream you want. A Diet shouldn't be about making restrictions of food, just adding healthier foods to your regimen. I you restrict you may end up binging and it will be worse then icecream 2x a week.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as eating too much ice cream. Ha ha

No really just save calories For it.

Ice cream yummy
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for me if I'm cutting back on ice cream is a frozen banana. It's sweet and has a nice cool, even creamy-like texture like ice cream.

Don't freeze it with the skins on, though :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for me if I'm cutting back on ice cream is a frozen banana. It's sweet and has a nice cool, even creamy-like texture like ice cream.

Don't freeze it with the skins on, though :D

a frozen banana has zero similar textures to ice cream. What kind of ice cream are you people eating that frozen banana is "acceptable" substitute. I don't understand. I love banana's. and I love ice cream. but a frozen banana seriously tastes NOTHING like ice cream. no ice cream i've ever eaten!

if you want the ice cream- make room in your diet for it. and call it a day.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What my freezer currently looks like. So you already know my opinion.
    20131004_221731_zps005c5712.jpg

The only thing missing from that freezer that would make it perfect is a bottle of good vodka :D

Personally I have cut out ice cream as I don't have the willpower to put the lid back on the tub when there's still ice cream in the tub!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with ice cream. Talenti Gelato *drools*.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Recently I'm having a lot of cravings for ice cream (and donuts and chocolates for that matter).
    I've never been a big sweets person for years, so this new increase in sugar craving is kind of unsettling.

It's just my opinion, but this sounds like addictive behavior to me. If this were any other substance, like alcohol, tobacco, or cocaine, would it be OK to consume as much as you wanted, as long as you slept it off? I believe in moderation and freedom so frankly, it's up to you as to how much of a substance you consume, but if it were me, I would be concerned and would take steps to break this addiction.

Look up the adverse effects of sugar and read about it. And switching to chemically-sweetened sweets is even worse.

h3557E74E
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost daily with cookies and Reese’s Peanut butter cups. When I was down to 16% body fat (before baby #3) I was really craving the sweets since my body fat was so low my body craved more carbs and I had a Twix bar daily for months while sheading body fat. That is one reason why I locked my diet portion of this site so no one could see.... Tired of people saying that I couldn't possibly be loosing weight on my diet of junk food and that I couldn't be building that much muscle either, hah. Yah keep saying that genius while I continue to loose body fat and gain muscle! Fyi... just had a baby 3 months ago and almost have my 6 pack back... yes while eating ice cream! Since I am down to 19.5% body fat the sweets thing started to kick in even more. Had 2 giant chocolate chip cookies and ice cream last night. Mmmm… and I still managed to have a 800 calorie deficit! Not bad for a Sunday.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think the point a few people have been trying to make is that while you might get away with eating like this in your 20s or 30s, you MAY not get away with it health-wise in your 40s and 50s, that's all.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What my freezer currently looks like. So you already know my opinion.
    20131004_221731_zps005c5712.jpg

Im jelly as FFFFF

Going to stock up on ice-cream and have every single night before bed
    Doughnuts are getting Old .

OP Btw I eat chocolate , cookies , doughnuts , chips , sweets etc... about every day and im still dropping weight because my body is in an over-all calorie deficit
  • RGv2
    Options
    I think the point a few people have been trying to make is that while you might get away with eating like this in your 20s or 30s, you MAY not get away with it health-wise in your 40s and 50s, that's all.

One scoop, on a sugar cone, 2-3 times per week?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

No, more in reference to post such as "chocolate , cookies , doughnuts , chips , sweets etc... about every day".

Fact remains that a lot of people posting these views are relatively young and won't know how a continued diet of those foods will affect them, as none of us have a crystal ball.

So before you try to put words in my mouth, I'm not saying anyone WILL have problems, what I'm saying is what doesn't affect you at age 20 may not have the same effect at age 50. Whether you care about that or not is up to each individual.
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options

No, more in reference to post such as "chocolate , cookies , doughnuts , chips , sweets etc... about every day".

Fact remains that a lot of people posting these views are relatively young and won't know how a continued diet of those foods will affect them, as none of us have a crystal ball.

So before you try to put words in my mouth, I'm not saying anyone WILL have problems, what I'm saying is what doesn't affect you at age 20 may not have the same effect at age 50. Whether you care about that or not is up to each individual.

I can certainly tell you what kept me thin in my 20's made me a fat 30 year old!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Exactly. That's my position, but it's hard to have an opinion around here without being called to task or someone demanding PROOF of an opinion... I started my first post with "It's just my opinion" (Isn't that what everyone is writing here? Their opinions?) I'm in my 50s and I sure wish I'd made different choices in my 20s and 30s. If I had, I wouldn't be here now. :smile:

I don't think ice cream is evil. In fact, I eat it now and then. I was just responding to the sudden onset of sweet cravings the OP discussed.

People are silly. You can't post an opinion on here without someone demanding proof or starting a prayer... :huh: Oh, well... Hope the OP is healthy for many years to come, but I would see a Dr. if I had a sudden onset of sugar cravings. :tongue:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Exactly. That's my position, but it's hard to have an opinion around here without being called to task or someone demanding PROOF of an opinion... I started my first post with "It's just my opinion" (Isn't that what everyone is writing here? Their opinions?) I'm in my 50s and I sure wish I'd made different choices in my 20s and 30s. If I had, I wouldn't be here now. :smile:

I don't think ice cream is evil. In fact, I eat it now and then. I was just responding to the sudden onset of sweet cravings the OP discussed.

People are silly. You can't post an opinion on here without someone demanding proof or starting a prayer... :huh: Oh, well... Hope the OP is healthy for many years to come, but I would see a Dr. if I had a sudden onset of sugar cravings. :tongue:

The burden of proof is on the claim maker, making claims that have no backing is just fear mongering.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Go back and check the ages on some of these people. Many of the advocates of fitting enjoyable foods into your day while remaining healthy and active are 40+. Outside of medical conditions that may occur, monitoring your calories in vs. calories out at age 20 is the same principle of healthy weight maintenance and loss at age 50.

But, keeping relevant to the topic: my adverse effect from frequently eating ice cream is blowing up the toilet.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    But, keeping relevant to the topic: my adverse effect from frequently eating ice cream is blowing up the toilet.

Ice cream headache and lactose-related effects are realistic concerns with ice cream at the levels described by the OP.
  • RGv2
    Options

I'm not. I basically quoted the OP....
  • RGv2
    Options

A sudden onset of sugar cravings can come from not hitting your carb macro too, but you're probably right....the OP is most likely addicted to sugar and should seek counseling.