Doin' the dirty is an exercise, right?

So, serious question. They say having sex burns X calories, right? How would one record that as an exercise in ones diary? Jusssst curious...

Replies

• sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    use a HRM, and name it something like 'extracirricular - HRM' (I mean, you could call it screwing if you wanted, but if your food diary is visible, so is your exercise.)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Unless it was a marathon session, I wouldn't say that it is a work out. Wear an HRM and see for yourself. You can create any exercise on your log that you need.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Depends

Did you make an effort?lol
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Sparkpeople has it on their Q & A. They can give a better explanation than me, but it's not classed as a cardio on there either. This is because it's impossible to keep the same duration going, & raised level in heart rate consistent throughout.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    http://bit.ly/17buQXo

You're welcome
  • Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

I don't mean to offend anyone, I mean...It's not taboo or anything.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    This topic has been done to death on the boards, maybe the search engine would have been a place to start? You're not burning a great deal, just add it to your activity level, no-one needs to know about it, we all do it :flowerforyou:

This!
  • Thomasm198
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

Look; we realise that you're boasting that you're getting it on a regular basis. awhoopdedoo.gif
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

Here is all the calorie burning information on sex you will ever need to know :wink:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    *Slow clap*
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Did he have to chase you around the room for 20 minutes or something? If not you didn't burn as many calories as you think.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    It's not taboo or offensive. It's just not worth logging the very small amount of burned calories.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    I wouldn't bother. It's really not as many calories as you think.

This is similar to those who want to log 'cleaning' and 'meal preparation' under their daily exercise..
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

Positions
    Man on top, woman on bottom (facing each other) 20 calories
    Woman on top, man on bottom
    (Many women find that in addition to its inherent sexual possibilities, this position affords a better view of the clock.) 25 calories
    From the rear (Mysterious variation) 40 1/2 calories
    Standing: Both partners of equal height 18 calories
    Standing: Woman 1 foot taller than a man 90 calories
    While in traction
    (very useful during ski season) 124 calories

Locations
    On a bar stool 20 calories
    Rear of a Honda Civic 38 calories
    In a phone booth, standing 14 calories
    In a phone booth, lying down 274 calories
    On an airliner, aisle seat 24 calories
    On an airliner, middle seat 42 calories
    On an airliner, window seat 30 calories
    On an airliner, in the lavatory 100 calories

So the obvious answer would be. Whilst in traction + horizontally in a phone booth = highest calorie burn :bigsmile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I can't think of anything more depressing than my partner putting on a HRM before we get down to it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Only if you do it right...
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member

Positions
    Man on top, woman on bottom (facing each other) 20 calories
    Woman on top, man on bottom
    (Many women find that in addition to its inherent sexual possibilities, this position affords a better view of the clock.) 25 calories
    From the rear (Mysterious variation) 40 1/2 calories
    Standing: Both partners of equal height 18 calories
    Standing: Woman 1 foot taller than a man 90 calories
    While in traction
    (very useful during ski season) 124 calories

Locations
    On a bar stool 20 calories
    Rear of a Honda Civic 38 calories
    In a phone booth, standing 14 calories
    In a phone booth, lying down 274 calories
    On an airliner, aisle seat 24 calories
    On an airliner, middle seat 42 calories
    On an airliner, window seat 30 calories
    On an airliner, in the lavatory 100 calories

So the obvious answer would be. Whilst in traction + horizontally in a phone booth = highest calorie burn :bigsmile:

Haha NICE! :laugh:
  • Thomasm198
    I can't think of anything more depressing than my partner putting on a HRM before we get down to it.

**deletes comment about "strap-ons"** smiley-music024.gif
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member

This, I get her bra off only for her to say "wait, hang on I gotta put on my HRM".

Seriously, you aren't burning enough calories to log, do you log them when you walk to the bathroom at work?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member

**deletes comment about "strap-ons"** smiley-music024.gif

:laugh: