Doin' the dirty is an exercise, right?

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I can't think of anything more depressing than my partner putting on a HRM before we get down to it.

This, I get her bra off only for her to say "wait, hang on I gotta put on my HRM".

Seriously, you aren't burning enough calories to log, do you log them when you walk to the bathroom at work?

Every time I sit on the toilet I log it as a squat... am I doing it wrong?
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I made the mistake of logging sexual activity once when I was brand new here a few years back. Big, embarrassing mistake for me and my whole newsfeed. :laugh:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I can't think of anything more depressing than my partner putting on a HRM before we get down to it.

This, I get her bra off only for her to say "wait, hang on I gotta put on my HRM".

Seriously, you aren't burning enough calories to log, do you log them when you walk to the bathroom at work?

That depends. How low is your toilet?
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    So, serious question. They say having sex burns X calories, right? How would one record that as an exercise in ones diary? Jusssst curious...

wrestling :p
  • then tell me how i delete this, please.
    lol, i wasnt expecting this .
  • There are other websites with caloric estimates for sexual activity. Shapesense is one.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    then tell me how i delete this, please.

You can ask a moderator, just be like "yeah, this got a little more crazy than I wanted it to" or something along those lines.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member

You can ask a moderator, just be like "yeah, this got a little more crazy than I wanted it to" or something along those lines.

Or deactivate... oh, she did :indifferent:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member

When I tried to wear my HRM to bed my wife threatened to cut it off.

I don't know if she meant the HRM or IT:noway::noway: :noway:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member

As Jen818 said ask the mods. I had a quick scan through ur previous posts & I genuinely don't think you were looking to start this kind of thread. However, as most posters have said these come up so often folk think people are trolling (they generally are). Good luck with your goals & check the search functions :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member

What if I break a sweat while dropping a deuce? Is that exercise?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

I don't mean to offend anyone, I mean...It's not taboo or anything.

It's not so much taboo as much as it's coming across as annoying.
    Instead of using the forum's "Search" function, you've flashed up a neon sign saying "lookeee here!!!" with your risque forum topic and your humble-brag question.

Congratulations, you've got the attention.......and you probably got your answer (which is that you probably burned more calories turning on your computer to type this post than you did "doin' the dirty".

Lol :laugh:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

Idk what kind of sex these people are having to say your not burning that many calories:huh: ... must be rather boring.. js.. only offended if they are not comfortable (or happy) with there sex life is my opinion :glasses: Google it... I think they actually have websites on the calories burned during sex. Your burning calories and working muscles so it's a great workout! My favorite! :drinker:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member

Wait, that's not how everyone else does it?

Oh.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member

It's not so much taboo as much as it's coming across as annoying.
    Instead of using the forum's "Search" function, you've flashed up a neon sign saying "lookeee here!!!" with your risque forum topic and your humble-brag question.

Congratulations, you've got the attention.......and you probably got your answer (which is that you probably burned more calories turning on your computer to type this post than you did "doin' the dirty".

Sheesh people. If it's so annoying and has "been done to death" why bother clicking on the title to post your comment. Just scroll to something more interesting to you.

The only thing annoying in any of these forums is the sheer number of sarcastic trolls trying to take center stage on someone else's thread.

It's difficult for anyone to find any advice worth using in any of these forums (not that this question is serious enough for serious advice) because of having to wade through all the smart remarks.

And if everyone has sex and everyone knows everyone has sex, how is she bragging about having sex? Are you not having sex and the mere mention of someone else having sex throws you into fits of jealous rage? :sad:
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Sparkpeople has it on their Q & A. They can give a better explanation than me, but it's not classed as a cardio on there either. This is because it's impossible to keep the same duration going, & raised level in heart rate consistent throughout.

Hey - you speak for yourself!!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    OhosF8k.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    lol I really wasn't trying to be mean. Just testing my first time posting an appropriate gif. :) I too have thought of how many calories sex or other indoor activities burns many, many times.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    OhosF8k.gif

Mmmm Jenna Marbles <3
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I feel a 'Why is everyone so mean' thread coming