30 Day Shred October - who's in???

Options
124»

Replies

• Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4: Done! :)

It's really hard, but some things are getting so much easier. I made it through every set of jumping jacks today, through the entire first set of jump rope and through my modified butt kicks.

I spend more time on the floor when I try to do push-ups, so I decided yesterday to do them on the wall and I can feel the burn in my arms, chest and shoulders the way I'm supposed to. I know it's not a perfect system, but it's working well for me.

I feel really good right now. A bit like I've been beaten, but really good. Haha.
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started today.. Level 1 day 1 - DONE!! :)
  • Chadzgrl
    Options
    I started level one yesterday. Just joined MFP! So excited to be on this 30 day journey, and hopeful for some amazing results. I am following a low-carb diet as well. I know I am late in joining this group, but you all are so inspiring! Reading your posts are motivation for me to keep going!
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Still hanging in there?

Tomorrow (today, I guess) is Level 1, Day 7 for me and I'm finally in a place where I feel like I can do this. I'm also starting a different walking challenge tomorrow on top of this. Goodness, I'll be sore.
  • Im in !! I have been at this since the 2nd of October. I can see that I am shrinking but I haven't lost any pounds. Good luck!
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    still going.. Today will be day 14
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my second time round. Although I didn't lose weight first time round I lost a lot of inches - particularly round my waist and hips. Have done Level 1 day 2 today and still ache (after a week off in between bouts). Will I never not ache I wonder? Was with very motivating group first time round so am going to post here for motivation this time!
  • Elizalib
    Options
    Hey,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do you know how to record 30dayshred in the exercise diary? I started day 1 today - done it before but aaaages ago so restarting - and don't know how to log it?

Good luck to everyone doing it! Its great fun! Until level 3 that is...haha!

X
  • Elizalib
    Options
    Hi,

She says in the beginning somewhere that you shouldn't ever weigh yourself if doing weight training DVDs because its inevitable that you will wither lose weight very slowly or put ON weight as your fat melts and muscles replaces it, seeing as muscles is heavier than fat, yada yada...

Best to measure yourself instead ;) Like you said, you lost inches. I'm looking for inches over weight! X
  • jezzi16
    Options
    I enjoyed level 3 over level 2. I don't know why, but maybe level 2 is harder than level 3? Any comments on this?

Agreed. I think it's all the plank work in Level 2 that makes me prefer level 3
  • jezzi16
    Options
    Most people log it as Circuit training.
  • verniceb
    Options
    what is it? a video?
  • tinasheonline
    Options
    I just completed my 30 days!!! Lost 5lbs and 3.5 inches around my waist!!!! http://bit.ly/19P6dA3
  • tinasheonline
    Options
    30DS is a video (although I streamed all 3 levels online)
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing the shred 6 week revolutionary diet? 6 weeks avg loss of 15-25 pounds depending upon how much you have to lose; 4 inches avg lose in waist and two sizes. 5 days cardio 40 mins which has several exs. and can be broken down to two 20 minute sessions; Food is 4 meals and three snacks with a few rules I'm just learning about . One snack is 150 cals; other two are 100 and the four meals vary, but definitely add more fruit, vegetables , soups and smoothies than I've been eating
    On the one hand I like that I'm already becoming a bit bored with just counting and logging cals so this has a few new ideas and a long list of snacks giving me more options as few or as many as I think I need so will add new life to my food plans; but most of the calories look to avg about 1700-2000 and I'm at 1480...
    Any thoughts? Any success? Or is there another thread and this is the Jillian Michael's DVD??
    Oh, and I got the book from the library and can renew throughout the first 6 week cycle. It takes a lot of convincing to me that there is ONE real answer that I have to purchase the book!!
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    Hey,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do you know how to record 30dayshred in the exercise diary? I started day 1 today - done it before but aaaages ago so restarting - and don't know how to log it?

Good luck to everyone doing it! Its great fun! Until level 3 that is...haha!

X

I log it with my HRM and always burn somewhere between 240-260 calories (but I'm tall and significantly overweight), but I have read that others log it as circuit training.
  • jezzi16
    Options
    How are we doing ladies? Day 22 tonight- Level 3 finally