How many carbs are you eating?

Options

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut weight this month, so out of a 2000 calorie diet, I'm targeting an average of 75 grams per day.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I average about 60-75 g/day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I try and keep them under 100g, but if I go over a couple g's I don't panic
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    On normal days I end up getting between around 100 and 140 grams. Not targeted, it's just how many I get. On cheat days roughly 10 million grams. I <3 carbs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Less than 20 g per day
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    270g a day, 370 on refeed day. However, I'm in a deficit right now.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Did I meet my protein goal today? If yes:
    Step 2: Did I meet my fat goal today? If yes:
    Step 3: Sweet, eat all the carbs.

Assuming you don't have health-related dietary restrictions, you're only eating too many carbs if you're not getting adequate fat/protein as a result. The same goes for the other macronutrients.

100% this. My goal w/o exercise calories is 78 per day, but that's just because that's what's left after setting appropriate protein and fat goals for my weight and LBM. Once I hit my protein, first and foremost, and get within spitting distance on my fat (based on my goals as set, not w/ exercise calories added in), I don't really care how the breakdown of the rest of my calories fall. If I don't work out, then I stay less than 80. On a good workout day, I eat maybe up to 125-150g. I do try to stay away from processed carbs as much as I can, which makes a slightly lower carb goal (though NOT "low-carb") a lot easier.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i eat about 1200 calories per day and about 150-200 carbs. i maintain on 1800 no problem, ive only gone back to 1200 to take off my final 10 pounds... maybe your measuring / logging wrong?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I consumed 652 grams of (high Glycemic Index) carbs and record levels of caffeine.

On Sunday I ran my first marathon and exceeded my goal time.

My blood sugar and lipid panels are perfect and I have maintained my ideal long distance running weight all year

Carbs are not evil. For me they have an important purpose
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12048325

Fairchild TJ, et al. Rapid carbohydrate loading after a short bout of near maximal-intensity exercise. Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise. 2002;34(6):980-6.

Pederson DJ, et al. High rates of muscle glycogen resynthesis after exhaustive exercise when carbohydrate is coingested with caffeine. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2008;105(1):7-13.

During marathon training my macro goals were:

418g carbs
    101g fat
    114g protein

Calorie goal was 3,042 and 23g of fiber. I use a weekly IIFYM model and was way over/under on certain days but always near my weekly targets. I raised my carb goal the day before the marathon and will do the exact same thing next time.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Where is the moderator? :huh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Not Following?? They are needed why???? :huh:
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    About 60-70% of my diet are cabs. Don't be so afraid of carbs you need them to build muscle and for your body to function. It's a matter of eating the right carbs. I have found personally that If I cut carbs really low I don't get the results I want, tired, and I may loose the weight at first, but ultimately gain it back really fast. It's about eating clean and having a balanced diet
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    lots, carbs are my fuel,i do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I think my goal is arount 175 but today it's lower and some days I'm up over 200. My protein goals are 123g so that doens't leave me a terrible amount of room once I get in adequate fats.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Routinely under 180g of carbs. Some days will dip to around 130g or up to 220g. Protein is around 120-170g a day.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

Not Following?? They are needed why???? :huh:

Just lurking and not posting but also was wondering this.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Did I meet my protein goal today? If yes:
    Step 2: Did I meet my fat goal today? If yes:
    Step 3: Sweet, eat all the carbs.

Assuming you don't have health-related dietary restrictions, you're only eating too many carbs if you're not getting adequate fat/protein as a result. The same goes for the other macronutrients.

I follow this too, I love carbs, but I try to focus on my protein beyond everything else.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    50-150g/day. I have to limit carbs due to insulin resistance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No more than 674g.

Still ended up at a calorie deficit that day. :smile:
  • Humanemeats
    Options
    I eat 80% or more of my calories from carbs!