How many carbs are you eating?

Options

Replies

• FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually (for the past couple of years) below 100g/day, or about 20% of my intake (generally from veggies, nuts, and a small amount of fruit), but lately they've been higher, maybe 150-200. That's due to moving to Europe and fresher, better options (for hearty breads; I still prefer to not eat pasta and white rice) and also just maintaining weight and attempting to NOT get leaner.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    With respect to how many grams of % other people are eating. Do consider that you have answers from men, tall people, short people.... This is really individual.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE CARBS
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I only spot check my carbs but I know I average over 200 a day. I eat a lot of veggies, fruit and whole grains and those are carb dense. I've never had issues with carbs.
    This ^^ for me, too.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I average about 285 per day... some days lower, some days higher. Depends on how I feel.
  • Whoa_OItsMagic
    Options
    I eat as many carbs as I want. :glasses:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    With respect to how many grams of % other people are eating. Do consider that you have answers from men, tall people, short people.... This is really individual.

very true....I see I'm pretty low compared to most folks.
    I'm 5' tall and weigh 133#.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 150 M-F. I'm off the hook on weekends.
  • Dodiediet
    Options
    I eat 20 - 25 carbs a day and have since June when diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Calories around 1200. I have lost 68 lbs since then and have brought my sugars from 309 to 80 - 90s with diet, exercise and NO MEDS!! Some days that I do not feel like eating, I have couple fat bombs for energy. I follow and what works for me is a LCHF diet. A1c from 8.4 to 6.1 in 3 months. Goal is 100 lbs and A1c of 5.8. I also take in coconut oil every day.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I eat 20 - 25 carbs a day and have since June when diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Calories around 1200. I have lost 68 lbs since then and have brought my sugars from 309 to 80 - 90s with diet, exercise and NO MEDS!! Some days that I do not feel like eating, I have couple fat bombs for energy. I follow and what works for me is a LCHF diet. A1c from 8.4 to 6.1 in 3 months. Goal is 100 lbs and A1c of 5.8. I also take in coconut oil every day.

:noway:
    our stats (and circumstances) are very very similar!:laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok, okay... I'm getting that carbs aren't the issue... I did leave out that I was hitting the cardio machines like crazy, some days I'd spend almost two hours if I could. I was weight training, but it was minimal in comparison to the cardio I was putting in. I want to say that maybe I wasn't getting in the nutrients that I needed to support all of it. I did have a deficit, enough every week to lose .5-1 of a pound. BUT i was GAINING. So maybe carbs were never the issue, maybe I was not eating enough...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I did have a deficit, enough every week to lose .5-1 of a pound.
    BUT i was GAINING.

... Which of these are true?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    A LOT!
    I AM THE CARB QUEEN!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Also in the same boat. My cardiologist actually instructed me to eat <30g carbs daily due to insulin resistance. I'm on the cusp of full blown diabetes and figured it was worth a try. I don't exercise much right now(back problems), so it's not a problem for me. My macros are set to 60%fat 30%protein 10%carbs until I hit a weight that allows more mobility.
  • omsmom12
    omsmom12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was eating about 55% of my calories from carbs and wasn't losing weight. When I found out I was insulin resistant, I cut my carbs drastically at first and lost quickly eating the same number of calories as I did before. I've upped my carbs to about 30 to 40% of my overall calories (depending on the day) because I've added in a lot more cardio. I still seem to be losing (although at a bit slower pace... could be because I'm closer to goal and weight seems to come off slower the closer you get to goal).
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    About 25-40g a day. Any more and I have issues.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Less then 20g a day :)
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    mid 20's to mid 30's per day on average net. ratio is 55/35/10 fats/protein/carbs.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Goal is 325 and I range between 300-350