Cruel people

Options
13»

Replies

• atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind how wonderful it will feel to get to your goal size and prove to them you can do it. I know that feel and it's awesome. :smile:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    "I let my h8trs be my motiv8trs"

and if that doesn't work..punch em in the throat...that usually makes ya feel better then..

:laugh:
  • newdoda
    newdoda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy day to you and WAY TO GO! You've put in a lot of hard work and their negativity does not negate that in any way! There is NO WAY you could lose 20 lbs and it not be noticeable, no way. You DO look different just not through the lens of the green eyed monster. I like ekz advice:) Keep up the AMAZING work, you are beautiful:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • teesfood
    Options
    WOW... Well you have support here. Might not be the same, but its something. I wish you the best! Hell with the haters - thats what they do - let them do their damn job. And make sure you get your 17 laughs in on their acct. Misery loves company. Blessings boo!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yes, that does sound mean and I would feel hurt in that situation. We expect our families to be on our side and it is very disappointing when they belittle us.

I was trying to come up with a positive thought, but I have been completely derailed by the earlier poster who suggested you ask them their 5k time. I'm not sure surreptitious s******ing over your family's physical failings is a healthy outlet for your frustration, but I think it is the comforting thought that I would run to, weak fool that I am! Along with mental images of how far they possibly could run and what they would look like doing it.

The word that has been blanked out refers to secretive and often juvenile laughter, and has nothing to do with African Americans or the slave trade.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ignore them, you are doing amazingly well keep up the good work ad forget their mean comments!
  • linzchapates
    Options
    They're jealous... One thing nobody can argue with is how you feel... you feel different, you feel great.. they can't take that from you... maybe they don't see the changes (or are ignoring them) but you FEEL better! Misery enjoys company, they're just projecting their own insecurities and stigma's onto you.
    Congrats on the 5k!!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they are comparing your success to their own. They know how they lose lots of weight quickly and think that is success, then they hate themselves when they gain it back. If you have always been thinner, then they may resent you for that to begin with. Then to see you creating healthy habits for the long term, makes them nervous. If you succeed your way, that means their way is wrong. They don't want to be wrong, yet they don't want to change, so that leaves convincing you and themselves, that your way isn't going to work either.
    Low self esteems at work all around, which comes out in the form of jealousy and cruelty.
    Sorry that you don't get the healthy support from the people who should love and support you the most.
    Families are flawed. Take the good and leave the junk behind.
    Great job on the 5K, and continue working to be your best.. for you!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Right now they say they don't see a change.

Later, with bigger losses and the change smacking them in the face, they'll say "oh, you'll never keep it off."

You'll never be happy until you get yourself to **geniunely** not care what they think. You can't change what they say, you can only change your response.

ETA: DebbieLyn, pp, is dead-on right. Strongly agree!