How to fight depression

Options

Replies

• somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Also, I've passed the point where I can't continue 'don't-worry-about-girls' stage. It's not a 'want' anymore, I NEED a girl

This is an unhealthy point of view, in my opinion. If you NEED a girl that bad, when you LOSE said girl, you are going to be in far worse shape than you are now. If you aren't right with yourself, it is going to be hard for any relationship you may happen into to end up a successful one.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    First of all get some help for your depression. It is a medical condition - basically a fault in brain chemistry.
    . "Man up, you *****" is suppose to motivate them. If someone said that to me, it would show me that he cares. I am not trying to belittle anyone,

Sorry... but it a bullying tactic and you are being a jerk... plain and simple. With "friends" like you, who needs an enemy?
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lol, this is how us guys talk. I can tell that you ladies are kinda old (but young at heart). "Man up, you *****" is suppose to motivate them. If someone said that to me, it would show me that he cares. I am not trying to belittle anyone,

You do not understand people. I know you don't realize it, but practically everything you say is offensive. Really, all men do not have your lack of social awareness.

THIS!!!! Tha is how rude guys talk. You are not as nice and funny as you think you are if you think that is ok.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lol, this is how us guys talk. I can tell that you ladies are kinda old (but young at heart). "Man up, you *****" is suppose to motivate them. If someone said that to me, it would show me that he cares. I am not trying to belittle anyone,

You do not understand people. I know you don't realize it, but practically everything you say is offensive. Really, all men do not have your lack of social awareness.

^^^This^^^

Keep talking like you do, and attempting to convince yourself that it is okay, and either you'll bite off more than you bargain for, or you will end up a very lonely man. Try on "gentleman" for size.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    But didn't you know Teresa that nice guys finish last?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

No, nice guys that lack a spine finish last. Nice guys with testicular fortitude are great.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You can't just lose depression. Also if you have insurance it won't cost as much. I know from a personal stand point. You will never just "lose" depression. You need help to work on whats wrong inside of you and then sometimes it will help you lessen the affects of depression and if not they will put you on pills after asking you personal questions and or having you answer personal questions. I don't see people with depression as weak...I see them as individuals who tried to be strong for too long.

So get yourself some help.
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options

That is not necessarily a bad thing. OP was looking for a girlfriend, not a race... :smokin:
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options

Ladies come in all ages, and from all walks of life. My daughter is very young, and is a true lady. My neighbor is in her 70's and a true lady. The same goes for men. Gentlemen come in all ages, and from many different cultures as well. Educate yourself on this. My son's are in their early to mid 20's and are very much the gentleman where women are concerned. Educate yourself on this.

SOME guys...maybe sometimes...but a TRUE gentleman would NEVER consider talking like that to a girl who respects herself. There is a difference between being female and being a lady, the same as there is a difference in being male and a gentleman. Learn it, also it may do you well to pay more attention to others and their feelings, and perhaps less attention to your ego.

My husband , is obviously a guy, and he would never, ever dream of being rude /disrespectable to a woman, and then blame it on the male species in general. There are MILLIONS of men that practice humility and respect. You are simply using your attitude as an excuse for being egotistical and using poor behavior.

On the other hand, I am truly sorry that you are feeling depressed. Nobody needs that, life is hard enough as it is. Please seek out someone that qualifies to give you the correct help. You cannot go wrong here. Best Wishes.
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options

No, nice guys that lack a spine finish last. Nice guys with testicular fortitude are great.

Still a vast difference in being rude and being a gentleman. Gentleman get much farther where women are concerned than someone whom lacks manners.
  • TeresaMarie46
    Options

That is not necessarily a bad thing. OP was looking for a girlfriend, not a race... :smokin:

^^^This^^^
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling so desperate that you NEED a girl, it sounds like you are not emotionally healthy. What you NEED is a mental health intervention. The last thing you need right now is a relationship. Work on yourself first. When you are truly ready, it will happen. You'll know it's right because you'll feel safe and secure, rather than feeling desperate, clingy and depressed. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    One girl told me that I would be a good catch while her boyfriend was there, lol. I've also been told that I am a funny cool guy. Why is it that I am all alone then?

Thats basically like a chick calling you bro... shes making it known that you;ve been friendzoned.... My advice, man up and get outta womens friendzones.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    friendzone2.png
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Still a vast difference in being rude and being a gentleman. Gentleman get much farther where women are concerned than someone whom lacks manners.

I do not disagree.
  • tallgrl212
    Options

• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    if "pussi" is your motivation, you should at least spell it correctly.

also, women (and men) are attracted to confidence more than anything. you need to work on yourself and build up confidence, it sounds like you are being hard on yourself and need to seek professional treatment for depression.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    OP, in all seriousness and honesty, that doesn't sound like depression. It sounds more like grieve or just general sadness. We all go through it, part of growing up.

Just take it one day at a time. Try to distract yourself. The usual drill people tell you.

When my ex left me and I shut myself out for a while, I wrote poetry. Do what you can to go through this rough period.

Good luck.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

That...!

In your first post you basically say "I was a complete@rse to vulnerable people, then my girlfriend dumped me... Hey I earn good money and have a degree... why doesn't anybody love me...?" :huh:

Maybe you need to re-think your value base...?!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

They may finish last but they never finish alone.