How do you get your tan?

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I was born with mine :blushing:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    lol....I show off my farmers tan! Seriously I was my tannest this past summer, because wore tank tops and shorts almost everyday, and I walked/ran outside a lot, due to having no car.

Go naked next summer. No oddball tan

Next summer I might even bust out a bikini and go to the pool a few times, or just lay out in the backyard. I never once went swimming this summer
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    I work outside every day spring through fall - use a tanning bed during that time perhaps once every 10 to 14 days to reduce tan lines and in the winter, use a tanning bed about once every 7 to 10 days...works for me.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    birth..........:laugh:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Bake all summer.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Photoshop
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    At the beach of course
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    I'm black. I was born with it

good point...OP try finding a way to put more melanin in your skin

Dr Oz had a show on this subject. 'Natural tanning... injecting melanin.'

:wink:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm black. I was born with it

Can you troll without being racist, or is that is asking too much?
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    I don't. I'm fair skinned, so I don't think I can tan, unless I use it out of a bottle.. And even then, I think I'd look awkward with a tan. Haha. So I just don't do it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I cannot tan in the sun, I can cake sun tan lotion on me and 30 minutes out in it, I'm burnt. I can lay in a tanning bed for 20 minutes and burn. I don't even tan after the burn lol. So for me to get a tan, I'd need to get a spray on or something. Been thinking about it but never have.

I have tried tanning many times, same results so got comfortable with being fair complected and just learned to deal with being white. Maybe if I get this job I'm waiting to hear back from, I'll go get a spray on to see what I think.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 276 Member
    im 1/2 british so ... yeah but i enjoy being pale
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    I just eat a lot of carrots. I like having a yellow-er tone to my skin than being pale or pink.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Genes baby... get some mexican in you.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    i am brown! naturally tanned! hehehe
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    go to the beach! and i wear a bikini, do I look the best? nah, but i dont care lol.....careful going to the beach where you live though!!! lol and then take some pics for me!!!
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    My computer monitor.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    I got my awesome tan driving. It's just on one arm. Really nice and bronze though.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    How about we quit trying to get some ludicrous body image (like OMG have to be tan like all the celebs!) and be happy with ourselves instead? My brother just died of skin cancer a couple months ago. That was abso-f**kinglutely hell on earth. Get over tans- trying to "look good" at the risk of health is sheer stupidity. Skip the booths and don't go bathe in the sun for hours in order to tan (and tanning from a bottle just makes you look gross, really). By all means get outside, exercise and have some fun and get some vitamin D- sun is healthy for you, yes, but for gods sakes wear sunscreen and quit with the obsession for being tan to "look good". I think people look good naturally, whether it be pasty white or farmers tans/hikers tans and every variant in between.
  • Busy1of4
    Busy1of4 Posts: 5 Member
    Embrace being white, fake tan is always obvious and looks worse than being white. Use plenty of sunscreen too. I've had 3 work mates die from skin cancer and all were under 35. Accept yourself as you are it's better than cancer!