Jewelry and Gym

Options
NoeHead
NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
I have been asked where my wedding bands are by married friends when i'm at the gym and I realize that among us I'm the only one without my bands. My husband and I don't go to the gym with our bands on because I hate having to make sure i don't get my skin pinched while doing weights or it somehow falling off. same thing with the husband.

So just curious, do any of you were wedding bands or jewelry at the gym?

Replies

• wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    of course I wear my wedding band, otherwise the women would be hitting on me NON-STOP !
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wear no jewelry at the gym, I don't have a wedding band but I'd imagine I would take it off if it hurts/pinch. Just leave it at home somewhere safe so it won't get lost/stolen in the change rooms.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any jewelry. And no one asks if I'm married. I must be f-ugly. :grumble:

Seriousness...I don't wear jewelry. I lose everything...can't have nice things.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    The only time I wear my wedding band is when I dress up. I used to wear it to work all the time and would take it off when I went to the gym.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Married people always wear their rings.

Many take it off for certain activities, e.g. doing dishes, some jobs, gyms
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I take mine off.

I don't care if it's mowing my lawn or lifting weights. My wedding band is gold, and that's really soft when compared to steel and I don't want it scuffed up, chipped or marred by weights, power tools, etc...
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I take off my wedding ring so it doesn't get mangled by the bar. I don't wear any other jewelry anyway, so I've nothing else to remove.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Yeah.. about that... no. I wear mine when it's safe to do so. Now that I work in an office setting, I wear it to work, but I don't wear it in the shower, in the gym, hiking, cleaning, cooking/baking, etc. My husband regularly forgets to put his on when he goes to work and neither of us wear it to bed.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    First things to come off are my rings and necklace, they just get in the way when working out.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do not wear my wedding band at the gym because it falls off. Also, it pinches my fingers while lifting weights. I understand totally why you do not wear your wedding bands.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Uh no... just check the google image results for "ring finger weight lifting". *shudder*
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My husband and I leave our rings home when we go backpacking or on outdoor adventure trips. This means we go on almost all of our vacations sans wedding rings.

I also take mine off when I work out, clean the house, cook dinner and wash dishes.

I only wear mine when I'm dressed up for work or going out.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am not married but I do wear a ring on my right hand and never take it off when I'm at the gym. Maybe it's because I do mostly cardio and don't have to worry about pinching when lifting or anything.
  • frankiep73
    frankiep73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My knuckles are bigger than they should be, but I have thin fingers so the rings are sized smaller than the knuckle, making them very hard to come off. I wear them 24/7. I'm extra super duper proud to be married and have no problems with weights.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Lol false.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like to wear earrings! Big ones too!