Jewelry and Gym

Options

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I take mine off, otherwise it pinches my finger.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I dont wear my wedding band cuz I aint married!! ha ha ! FREAKS

just kidding.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I take my band off when I hit the weights, because it does cause more of a pinch in my hands. If it's just a light cardio day, it stays on :)
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    All my jewelry (including my wedding band and engagement ring) go in my purse and get locked away whilst I'm on the floor. My hands take a beating, my fingers end up swollen, and sometimes I cannot get my rings back on after deadlifts.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I very rarely wear my rings at all, actually.
    I bake and garden a lot and just generally get my hands really messy often. I like to do a lot of crafty things with the kids and then I'm cleaning up after them. I'd be constantly taking 'em off and putting them back on.
    If I did wear them, I'd leave it at home when I went to the gym. I'm not a jewelry person in the first place and I totally would be that jerk that takes off the ring to shower and drops it down the drain or something.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    ignore this, I accidentally hit quote instead of edit on my above post.
    Because I'm awesome.
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm not married yet but I probably won't wear mine to the gym. We're considering a wooden engagement & bridal set because of concerns with my metal allergies and because they look neat. With wooden ones you have to try not to get them wet too much though. I'll be taking it off for dishes and anywhere else I could get wet too. Still don't know what I'll do when/if I'm in the Navy. I'm not sure if wearing it on a chain and beneath shirt is a good option for wooden ones because I still sweat, and depending on what i'm doing I'm sweating a lot.
    I don't really see the big deal about wearing your wedding band all the time, especially just to the gym and if it poses a risk of physical harm.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We do wear ours to the gym, and all the time, except my husband takes his off when he climbs and goes to war. :)

I know a lot of people, though, who take them off to work out or whatever. I would definitely lose mine, though.

Oh, I take mine off when I'm working with raw (ground) meet with my hands. 'Cause finding *that* in your ring 6 days later sucks.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i take my wedding band and ring off only when i am sleeping (since there are stones in it). i wear it to the gym, since i mostly go swimming. i don't want to take it off, especially since my chubby fingers make it difficult to do.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't wear mine to the gym or while running outside...my fingers swell and it's just not comfortable.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I used to wear mine to the gym, but now I don't since I don't want to worry about them getting knocked around. I am in no way worried about someone hitting on me. I could care less.
  • Keedy_Taught_Me
    Keedy_Taught_Me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn my wedding ring(s) since maybe about 6 months after I was married. My husband doesn't wear his either but that's a long story for another day/topic. Lol. But I do wear earrings and occasionally I wear bracelets to the gym. They haven't given me any problems.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wear mine because I sort of think it would be cool if the rough part of the barbell would leave scratches on them, permanent battle wounds as opposed to the calluses that heal.
  • sarahfit_
    sarahfit_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any of my rings, to include my wedding set, to the gym, even if it is just for cardio. I wear gloves to lift and it sounds uncomfortable to wear it underneath, and my fingers swell during cardio and makes it extremely uncomfortable to wear rings! My husband wears his all the time, and to the gym to lift, but his cannot be damaged the way my white gold ring can. Nobody has ever asked me why I'm not wearing my ring, but I have been hit on several times at the gym presumably because I don't have my ring on. When I say I'm married, they back off. I don't understand why people make such a huge deal about not wearing their rings - if you're faithful and your spouse is fine with you not wearing it then there shouldn't be an issue at all. I wear mine to work, but any other time it's usually off and in a safe place. Weekends when I'm just around the house, cleaning, doing laundry, etc I still don't wear it. No big deal!
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't wear mine either. They get scratched and I get pinched. And then there's the callouses.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't wear rings because they get caught on my skin or my gloves when I lift. Necklaces, bracelets or anklets distract me when they're bouncing around. I have stretched ears and I almost always wear simple plugs or tunnels that don't get in the way of anything, so I leave those in. I also leave in my navel and cartilage piercings because it is time consuming to take apart the rings and it is easy to lose the small parts.

I see women come to the gym in full makeup and wearing nice earrings and necklaces. Seems strange to me but whatever motivates them to get their workout done, good for them!
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I mangled my class ring by lifting while wearing it, so if I were married I probably wouldn't wear it while lifting. I do have a jade bracelet that doesn't come off. (Literally. I got it 2 and a half years ago and it has never once left my wrist.) So, naturally, I leave that on while exercising.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't take mine off ever. I wear them 24/7. In the shower, to bed, to work, out to dinner, doing dishes, mowing the lawn, while working out. Having said that, I can see why you would take them off while you're lifting weights. My fingers have been pinched many times while lifting but I still won't take them off. But that's just me. Do what works for you.