Water - UGH!

I know all about how important it is to drink water but I can't stand it! We have awesome water where I live straight from the tap, so it's not like I have to think about buying bottled water. I just don't like it! Any input?

Replies

• valkyrievance
    valkyrievance Posts: 1 Member
    Have you considered Crystal Light / Mio / other water additives? Perhaps if it had a 'flavor' it would be easier to drink for you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Try slicing up fruit to put in it. People use cucumbers and lemon a lot. There are also those little Mio things that flavor it. Or just drink tea.
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    I would say just make unsweetened tea then you will still get your water without drinking regular water. Green tea is great.
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Water tastes much better with fresh lemon! At least I think so. You could always start out with some crystal light or other type of drink mix to at least get the water down. It's not the absolute best, but better than a lot of other alternatives (soda, juice, etc.)
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Probably not going to be what you want to hear....but here goes:

Just deal with it. Humans need water to survive more than they food. What have you been drinking instead of water to keep you hydrated all this time?

You could always add those Crystal Lite packets to your water to give it some flavour, but I find those gross :laugh: I like my water to taste like water, and my juice to taste like juice, not my water tasting like terrible watered-down juice.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I hear you. Also, I work in an environment where I can't use the restroom at will. I am usually only able to use the restroom once or twice on a nine hour shift and don't get a lunch break. My water issues are what's keeping me from my next level of health, I think. I woudn't use MIO because you're adding a lot of artificial crud and some people are sensitive to excessive amounts to the extent they get diarrhea. Gross, I know, but true. I do like decaf ice tea with stevia but have some concerns about the decaffeinating process. Grrr.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Fruit is always great to add that's what I do when my water feels boring, doesn't happen often for me but once in a while I need a change. You could also try drinking your water warm, it really does taste different and can cause you to feel soothed. Fresh mint is another good option and don't be afraid to use frozen berries, they'll keep the water cold and add a light touch of flavor.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Lemon. Cucumbers. Raspberries. Citrus. And fruit really haha :p Crystal Lite?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I was the same way. I think the way that I transitioned into drinking plain water made the difference. I used to drink soda evvvveryday or at least have a sugary tea. I know that I didn't have a soda after July 26th. I started using those 0-cal Dasani water enhancers. When I drank the flavored water, I think that I naturally craved water like anyone probably does after drinking soda or juice, so I'd drink water afterwards. I believe that my last cup of flavored water was August 10th. I don't know what happened. I just stopped and started drinking plain water. LOL. Try that. I haven't had a soda since or flavored water since then.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    I use Mio and Crystal Lite like it's going out of style. If I don't, I just won't end up drinking enough water. After I exercise, I drink straight water because I'm so thirsty that I don't care that it's plain water.
    Definitely worth the $$$ IMHO.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    I use flavor...adding in drops or anything...though after a run or a game who cares if it has flavor just want it.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    You have to transition somehow. Stop buying any drinks for awhile (your family will have to put up with it) that way you have to drink water. Yeah?0, I don't have very helpful advice.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Add cucumber slices. Add mint leaves. Add a bit of lemon juice. Or go get some herbal tea and make tea. All of it can help give your water some flavor.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    This is your standard permission thread. "I don't like this healthier thing as much as this thing I like that's not as healthy so can I have permission to not have the healthy thing and keep having this thing that's not as healthy?" You get this alot with water but might also see it regarding vegetables. "I don't like vegetables!" That's code for, "Ice cream and pizza taste better than vegetables. Can I just eat those?"

Anyhow, my answer is yes, it's OK with me that you don't drink water. Feel free to drink whatever you usually do. Make no change at all to what you're doing if that's working for you. You have my permission.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Dasani Water Enhancers! They taste great, and I go through them by the boat load! It doesn't matter whether your water is "plain" or "flavored."
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    I've seen a recipe on facebook recently about using apples and cinnamon sticks to flavor a pitcher of water. And, cinnamon is so good for us! Sounds delicious to me! Maybe google a recipe and see what you find if you are interested.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Hmm, maybe try changing the temp? I'm partial to really cold ice water, and so-so on room temp water.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    I also love SOBE Life Water and Vitamin Water Zero. But, milk, tea, and coffee also counts toward your water intake.
  • I am addicted to water....I never used to drink water but the more you drink it the more your body will want it. I may drink too much because sometimes I get lightheaded, I think it depletes vitamins because you go to the bathroom so much. But then the next day I substitute 8oz or so with diet soda. Lemon is great in water....and I sometimes drink "Italian" lemonade. A friend of mine lived in Italy for awhile and she said they take ice water, add squeezed lemon slices, and a dash of real sugar and mix it up. It is delicious and refreshing. And that small amount of sugar will not harm you...and you can use Stevia if you feel guilty. Also, the person who mentioned frozen berries is an excellent idea that I am going to try! Genius!! Thank you!
  • emrsmommy
    emrsmommy Posts: 14 Member
    Yea that last part. Just do it. Thanks!