I am very appalled...TOO!

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    .....and now start the 12 threads that are knock-offs of the original.

TyTy76 - I am appalled that my kid eats with Canadians

Noob - I am appalled that I don't know how to spell appalled

Waffle - I am appalled noob's appalled behavior

Brainy Burro - I am appalled that my pizza isn't here yet.

lmao win.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    OP you must teach your kid to be more of a wise *kitten* and say things like, "how come your parents don't love you enough to feed you real food?"

^^ yes. . something like this. Sit with your child and teach them several responses such as "How come your parents want you to die". . and "how come your parents want you to go blind" or "yo momma's so fat she probly made yo lunch with her butt cheeks". . etc. .

Then teach them to punch hard and run fast.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

congratulations-you-just-won-the-internet-thumb.jpg

this was the best ever. just sayin
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Not-funny.gif

:angry:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

All of which I would find more enjoyable than the original.

Funny how that always seems to work that way.

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

This is good.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Homer: MFP King.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    OP you must teach your kid to be more of a wise *kitten* and say things like, "how come your parents don't love you enough to feed you real food?"

I may or may not have told him that another kid's parents didn't care about his nutrition because they gave him PB&J every day. THEN my sweet son may or may not have reprimanded me for saying that because it wasn't nice.

lol It's okay. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Love this!
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OP, how old is your son?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe this, considering the other thread about the lady who couldn't believe that a young girl at her son's school had only candy and junk in her lunch.

My son just got home from school and he didn't eat his lunch which was leftover whole wheat pasta with ground turkey as well as an apple and some pretzels. Pretty balanced and very kid friendly. Well, apparently one of his friends made fun of his lunch saying, "How come you never get candy or Lunchables?" He was so upset he didn't eat. What should I do?

You're a horrible mother OP. There is no pure glucose for his brain to work You should feed him only twinkies and purple drink.

That's supposed to be purple DRANK!
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    OP, how old is your son?

He's 7!
  • twenty20tunnelvision
    Options
    I'd be more worried about the fact that your son seems to be extremely sensitive. To suffer through a whole day of school with out lunch simply because somebody made fun of him? That, to me, seems to be the real issue....

To further my point... I just asked my 7 year old daughter if the kids at her school say anything about what I pack her. She said they sometimes say its gross...(Vegetables, wraps, etc. ) So I asked what do you say? She said, "I tell them to mind their own bee's wax."

Boom.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I'd be more worried about the fact that your son seems to be extremely sensitive. To suffer through a whole day of school with out lunch simply because somebody made fun of him? That, to me, seems to be the real issue....

To further my point... I just asked my 7 year old daughter if the kids at her school say anything about what I pack her. She said they sometimes say its gross...(Vegetables, wraps, etc. ) So I asked what do you say? She said, "I tell them to mind their own bee's wax."

Boom.

Haha, I like her.
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    Once, when I went to eat lunch with my daughter, a little boy next to her opened his lunch box and it was full of dry cereal and marshmallows--not even in any containers, just loose in the metal lunchbox. I laughed because I knew his Mom was out of town (she was an flight attendant) and his Dad had probably let him pack his own lunch.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Once, when I went to eat lunch with my daughter, a little boy next to her opened his lunch box and it was full of dry cereal and marshmallows--not even in any containers, just loose in the metal lunchbox. I laughed because I knew his Mom was out of town (she was an flight attendant) and his Dad had probably let him pack his own lunch.

That is awesome.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OP, how old is your son?

He's 7!

Okay so there's nothing you can do about the fact that he didn't eat that lunch but here is my take on the situation.

Explain to your son that the food he has in his lunch is the right food for him. Obviously he is used to eating that way so it is no struggle to get him to eat the healthy foods. But you may want to take it a step further. Let your son pack his own lunch! He's definitely old enough to do so with your help and he will feel better about having made his own choices. Then when he is confronted about why he has what he has, he can simply say because that is what I wanted today.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    OP, how old is your son?

He's 7!

Okay so there's nothing you can do about the fact that he didn't eat that lunch but here is my take on the situation.

Explain to your son that the food he has in his lunch is the right food for him. Obviously he is used to eating that way so it is no struggle to get him to eat the healthy foods. But you may want to take it a step further. Let your son pack his own lunch! He's definitely old enough to do so with your help and he will feel better about having made his own choices. Then when he is confronted about why he has what he has, he can simply say because that is what I wanted today.

Good point, I like that idea. I usually do ask him what he would like out of 2-3 choices.
  • h_jeffrey
    h_jeffrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My daughter has faced similar "teasing" about her lunches. She usually just tells them that she likes to eat what's good for her body.

Whenever she asks for any of the usual "kid friendly" stuff (lunchables, gogurt, etc.) I show her the ingredients list on the package and then show her the ingredients on what I would like her to eat instead. She knows that the shorter the list, the more likely I will buy it (aside from the occasional treat - I don't deny them those). She also knows exactly why - whole foods are better for our bodies and over processed junk will make her feel bad and won't give her the energy she needs to do school/soccer/running, etc.

I'm a firm believer that knowledge is power. It becomes less about wanting what all the other kids have and more about understanding how to care for themselves properly.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I felt left out as a kid because I didn't have Lunchables too. But that's not a reason not to provide a well-rounded lunch. If this is supposed to "show up" the other thread, it doesn't. It's apples and oranges.

I find nothing wrong with giving kids Lunchables, M&Ms, fruit snacks, etc. as treats. But you have to have protein in your lunch. And that poor girl's lunches were lacking on a daily basis.

I didn't get Lunchables either. I do put treats in my son's lunch sometimes. It just depends on what we have at the time.

Why do you hate your children? Why?
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I must have always been a hungry gal..in childhood, i gobbled down all the items in the lunch box and the good(/bad) thing was there was no alternative available anywhere close to my school nor were we given any pocket money(LOL), so its not like we had options. But i do remember having enjoyed the lunch every single day my mom cooked and packed.
    Loved my childhood..simpler times !!!