Belly Overhang success stories

Options

Replies

• Chinkimof
    Chinkimof Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Self massage and pinching the cellulite on my stomach made a huge difference: the big lumps gradually broke into small lumps then it disappeared altogether! Massage daily in the shower or anytime. I got into such a habit of it i would accidentally do it while other people were around. Embarrassing. Walking, Abs work at the gym and as the weight went down, running helped my problem. I lost 2 and a half stone or 17 kilos i am at my goal weight and have maintained it for over ten years now.
  • goddess21mingo
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear someone say that the kettlebell actually works. what size bell do you use? I just started and the 10 is too light for me but if I use the 15 lb one I get tired really quickly what do you suggest.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ITS GONE! from day 1, i did elliptical and walking, but the last 4-5 months, ive been running, and that has really made a difference. my belly has no hang, what so ever. i have current pics (well, about 2 months ago) of my belly on my facebook page if you want to take a look.

just keep doing what your doing, and if your not jogging, start jogging... made a HUGE difference for me!

Yep. I can relate. My is just about gone now due to the strength training, running, and elliptical.

OP, just keep working at it and get as toned as you can. :smile:
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    aside from being 100 pounds over weight, i also gave birth to 5 children, 5 separate pregnancies. i had this flap (no pics, it was too gross and embarassing) that hung over half way to my private parts. there was about 3-4 inches of "hang" there. i know, gross.

ITS GONE! from day 1, i did elliptical and walking, but the last 4-5 months, ive been running, and that has really made a difference. my belly has no hang, what so ever. i have current pics (well, about 2 months ago) of my belly on my facebook page if you want to take a look.

just keep doing what your doing, and if your not jogging, start jogging... made a HUGE difference for me!
    For various reasons, your solution won't work for me, but you look terrific and deserve so much admiration.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Following for more pics.

I've got a flesh colored fanny pack for sure.
  • francescajeanfox
    Options
    FANTASTIC....
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I don't have a photo of my belly at it's biggest, but trust me, I'm 5'1.5 and was 250 lbs, I was a BIG girl lol.

Stats:
    SW: 250
    CW: 118
    GW: 115 - 110

I'm not really focused on the scale right now, more focused on toning it all up. I believe the weight coming off is just half the battle. I've lost the weight and still had a hang over tummy, I've also had 2 C sections so that muscle has been cut and to get it to go away is taking a lot of time. It's still not 100% gone but it's going down a lot and for that I'm happy. 30 day shred helped a little with it, Insanity has helped and Focus T25 has gotten me to where I'm at now.

2r3dt3p.jpg

You look firkin amazing girl!!! Wow!

Thank you :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • alexsis88
    alexsis88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MariFitBody-So i freaking love you!! lol your before body looks just like mine!!! thank you for the inspiration! you look fabulous!!!
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    MariFitBody-So i freaking love you!! lol your before body looks just like mine!!! thank you for the inspiration! you look fabulous!!!

Lol awww thank u! :blushing:
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So is it possible to lose the pouch without losing much more weight if any
    Really I should be in maintainance now and my pouch is the only thing keeping my mind in weight loss mode
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day the "hang" is just fat. Keep losing fat (not just weight), and you'll eventually lose the hang.

My mother had a pretty serious hang, and all of her three kids inherited it. My dad had a big belly, but his was more like a smooth, tight round ball.

Lowest I got before was the 180s, and I'm a 5'11" male. The "hang" was damn near gone. My goal this go round is the 160s so the "hang" will be obliterated.

Just keep going. I truly believe, and a lot of trainers agree, that the majority of people have a lot more fat to lose than they think. It's very easily in particular for overweight and obese people to settle into goals that still leave us with too much body fat on our frame. It's not about your scale weight, it's about your bodyfat percentage. If you still have fat "hang" (which often looks deceptively like "loose skin"), you still have fat left to lose. Stop thinking just about weight and start thinking leanness. There isn't a truly lean, low-bodyfat person with a fat "hang" regardless of genetics.

Now if you have no interest in true leanness, and only are interested in a specific scale number, or you reach an overall look that you're happy with but still have that "hang", surgery is an option.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day the "hang" is just fat. Keep losing fat (not just weight), and you'll eventually lose the hang.

My mother had a pretty serious hang, and all of her three kids inherited it. My dad had a big belly, but his was more like a smooth, tight round ball.

Lowest I got before was the 180s, and I'm a 5'11" male. The "hang" was damn near gone. My goal this go round is the 160s so the "hang" will be obliterated.

Just keep going. I truly believe, and a lot of trainers agree, that the majority of people have a lot more fat to lose than they think. It's very easily in particular for overweight and obese people to settle into goals that still leave us with too much body fat on our frame. It's not about your scale weight, it's about your bodyfat percentage. If you still have fat "hang" (which often looks deceptively like "loose skin"), you still have fat left to lose. Stop thinking just about weight and start thinking leanness. There isn't a truly lean, low-bodyfat person with a fat "hang" regardless of genetics.

Now if you have no interest in true leanness, and only are interested in a specific scale number, or you reach an overall look that you're happy with but still have that "hang", surgery is an option.

No absolutely not , I know my body fat is not where it should be and am glad to hear its just fat because I can work at changing that , I think I'm on d right track so and will continue d way I am and just be patient just happy to know I can change it
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

My hang is not fat, mine is skin, I've had 2 c-sections, while my body fat % isn't where I want it yet, I know that the skin that hangs, is just that, skin.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

My hang is not fat, mine is skin, I've had 2 c-sections, while my body fat % isn't where I want it yet, I know that the skin that hangs, is just that, skin.

Skin is near paper thin. It does not hang in large, thick sections.

True "loose skin" on a genuinely LEAN (not just skinny) frame will appear very thin, and wrinkled. You'll have visible abs and a small patch of wrinkled, paper think loose skin toward the bottom section of your abdominal muscles.

If you ever manage to get your bodyfat down into a truly lean state, I'm talking under 18% for a woman, where your actual abs are showing and your body's musculature is apparent and very visible body wide, then you can determine what is real "loose skin" vs damaged, disconnected fat that's causing skin to hang.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Mine barely hangs now, it's just a little piece that hangs, you can see it above in my photo's. So I do believe it's skin. It use to have fat for sure, but I believe what's left it loose skin.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've shared any progress pics, and I definitely feel like a work in progress, but this topic speaks to me. :wink: I used to look at this kind of thread and "post-pregnancy" threads in desperation. I finally feel like I'm at a point where I might give others some reassurance, so here goes:

I'm 5'7". This was July 2011, five months post-partum, at 182 lbs after baby 2. When I was supposed to have "snapped back" already, according to my midwife's optimism about my 60 lb pregnancy gains. :huh:

IMG_5142.JPGIMG_5143.JPG

I joined MFP and started using it seriously about a year later, in August 2012, looking nearly the same, still wearing some of my maternity clothes, at around 178 pounds. Since then I have become an avid runner, lifted heavy when I can fit it in, and begun training for and competing in triathlons. I have experimented with various tracking methods, but I've always landed in the range of 1500 net, 1800 gross calories a day on average. My intake varies wildly, some days I keep it on the low side so that I can splurge on the weekends. I started shooting for 1200 net, which was okay, and I definitely saw quicker, equally satisfying results on that, but I like food too much to want to sustain it. I eat ... whatever I want. I can barely even claim to follow IIFYM - for me it's more like If It Fits in Your Mouth. :tongue:

This is me now, at 5'7", 155 lbs, probably around 28-29% BF. I'm finally out of maternity clothes ;) and into my old size 10s, mostly. I'd still like to get rid of the extra puckered skin, but I have plenty of body fat to lose, so I'm feeling good about it. The side views are flexed and unflexed.

Photo+on+2013-10-11+at+12.24+%25232.jpgPhoto+on+2013-10-11+at+12.23+%25234.jpgPhoto+on+2013-10-11+at+12.23+%25232.jpg
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    Mine barely hangs now, it's just a little piece that hangs, you can see it above in my photo's. So I do believe it's skin. It use to have fat for sure, but I believe what's left it loose skin.

You're an excellent example of what I'm saying. You don't have any kind of hang, from those pics at least. Just a little loose skin with some fat behind it. If you got leaner you'd still likely have a little wrinkled "loose" skin, but you'd have obliterated any kind of major hang. Your stomach is in great shape.
  • BecahhRose
    BecahhRose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not confident enough to post pictures yet, but I have seen some improvement in the stomach area. It still hangs a bit, but at least it doesn't get nasty and slimy under there anymore (sorry for the TMI).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!