Since I started "dieting" it annoys me when people ....

Options

Replies

• emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Tell me that their friend lost 20lbs in a month just eating raw snails.

(or some other completely impossible diet)

And that I am doing it wrong because I am simply counting calories and not caring too much about the macros.

And that I work out too much.

And that I should not have milk in my tea because it will make me gain weight ....
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ..when people say, "You know you'll never be as skinny as (insert name of some skinny girl), you're just too big boned.
    :huh: Yes, that was helpful.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    When someone says I'm either not working hard or it's been easy. :explode:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Screw people. lol I hate when people say "Ew what are you eating?" or "Whats on the diet plan today?" Leave my food choices alone and shut the hell up. Or I've had people tell me "You can't do that." Like do a triathlon or scuba dive. Whatever, I'll show you.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mostly annoys me when people ask me if I want to eat something unhealthy that was brought into the workplace that I already said no thanks to. They know I'm doing with well my weigh-loss, but want to try to talk me into eating things I don't want all the time. Fortunately my willpower is rock solid.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It annoys me that my sister keeps telling me that I'm obsessing over logging my food and that it's not a sustainable way to lose weight while I've lost 20-25 lbs since Feb. While she's always about to start on something new, p90, or working out twice a day, or eating only 1,000 calories a day, or Raspberry ketones or some sort of cleanse and yet her weight has only gone up in that time. But I'm the one who's doing it wrong.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The other day my cousin was celebrating like he won the lottery when I was walking towards his house. So when I asked him what was going on, he pointed to my Burger King bag and said he busted me eating junk food.

I laughed because I was hoping he won the lottery. Just cause I don't eat junk food all the time like I used to, doesn't mean I swore it off.
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I know it's not their fault, but I kind of hate it when people come up to me and ask me, "Have you been losing weight?" I hate it because by the time they start noticing, I've already lost 25-40 lbs. I understand the reasoning, but it makes me feel like everything I've already accomplished was for nothing, even though I know better.

I hate it when people know I'm losing weight and that's all they want to talk about - dieting -exercise - excuses blah blah blah... I just get tired of talking about weight loss. I'm a fairly private person, so I don't like to discuss my own much anyway. And, then there is the fact that I spend so much time focusing on it already, with making / measuring / recording food, exercising, reading boards /exercising that I want to talk about something else! There is more to me and life than just how many times a week I go to the gym or how many calories I eat. Yes, it is important, but I don't talk about how many times a day I shower, or brush my teeth or pick my boogers! LOL
    With my close friends, whom I share info with because they love me and support me, I am bold enough to just say, "Enough of that, lets talk about something else." With others I'm concerned I'll come off as rude or angry if I shut them down.
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    The one thing that annoys me is when family members intentionally attempt to sabotage my diet. I know I am responsible for what I put in my mouth but when someone comes home from shopping and buys stuff that I have decided not to eat and then they continue to snack on things that I can eat - it smacks of disrespect.

but why should other people live by your lifestyle choice. it's not disrespect. you should get over yourself, the world doesn't revolve around you
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband annoys me more when I am dieting and he tells me to just "push down the hunger" and then goes on to say how he doesn't "need to eat" and how he has trained his body to not react to hunger.

Next time he's feeling romantical, you can tell him to just 'push down his sex drive' because you've trained your body not to react to it.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Watch & comment on every little thing I put in my mouth
  • hotlipsliz
    Options
    I used to be friends with this girl who has pretty much been fat her entire life. I've had some major weight fluctuations throughout the years and in recent years I've been the heaviest I've ever been. Last year I dropped 50 pounds and the whole time this "friend" kept telling me that I should just embrace being fat and learn to love myself the way I am. Are you effing kidding me? I'm unhealthy and very uncomfortable in my own skin, I'll make whatever changes I need to make so that I can be healthy and feel good about myself. I've kept the weight off and she's still fat.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    my coworkers have been asking tons of questions lately too. I keep telling them I'm not on a diet and just exercising a lot. they don't believe me and now they're all on diets and a couple of them are doing 5:2. my coworker who I mostly work on files with is NOT someone who lends well to being hangry, she is driving me insane. I almost want to get fat again so I never have to deal with her on a 500 calorie day ever again. almost.

Ugh, I used to get that in my previous office. I was on 3000 cals a day at the time and there'd be a couple of ladies talking all day about the "delicious" mushroom broth they were having for their main meal that day and how it was actually "loads of food". The fact they had to keep telling me that 100s of times a day suggested otherwise..
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    All the time I get asked:

'Are you at your target weight?'
    'How much more do you have to lose?'

I do have targets but I prefer to tell people when I reach them, I don't want to say I want to be x weight and then constantly get asked if I've reached x yet.

I've been on a strict food plan for the last 14 week and people are always asking 'Can you eat this?' e.g. cereal bar.

Also recently I've been told that I don't need to loose any more weight, which is starting to get annoying, I still have a layer of fat all over and lots on my stomach and legs.

When I tell people I want to lose more they say I look normal but I haven't spent 21 months trying to lose weight to look normal, I want to make my body the best it can possibly be.
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    I used to be friends with this girl who has pretty much been fat her entire life. I've had some major weight fluctuations throughout the years and in recent years I've been the heaviest I've ever been. Last year I dropped 50 pounds and the whole time this "friend" kept telling me that I should just embrace being fat and learn to love myself the way I am. Are you effing kidding me? I'm unhealthy and very uncomfortable in my own skin, I'll make whatever changes I need to make so that I can be healthy and feel good about myself. I've kept the weight off and she's still fat.

Good for you! i hate the way society (mostly tumblr...) is going about telling girls that they are beautfiul just the way they are nowadays. Like yeah ok, your beautiful on the inside and you shouldnt hate yourself because of how you look but being overweight is no way to live life. I think thats more annoying than when people remark on my diet
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hate it when my sister in law (110 lbs) goes on and on about how 130 lb is fat and people shouldn't let themselves get that way.

Her: 130 is fat for a woman and anyone who weighs that should know that they are too big.
    Me: I don't think so.
    Her: Really? Well how much do you weigh?
    Me: 136.
    Her: ..... oh.... Well your not fat, you look fine, must be because your tall.

I'm 5'5" I'm only tall to her because shes barely breaking 5'. But this conversation goes on every few weeks and has for years. When it first started I weighed 188. I think she likes to point out to me that I still haven't met her 110 yet, and I never will.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The one thing that annoys me is when family members intentionally attempt to sabotage my diet. I know I am responsible for what I put in my mouth but when someone comes home from shopping and buys stuff that I have decided not to eat and then they continue to snack on things that I can eat - it smacks of disrespect.

>>>but why should other people live by your lifestyle choice. it's not disrespect. <<<you should get over yourself, the world doesn't revolve around you

The first sentence is thought provoking. The rest is unnecessarily harsh.
  • siegte16v
    siegte16v Posts: 139
    Options
    Buy my favorite junk food and eat it in front of me!!!! Nasty!!!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Oh i will add another one.... when people ask me everyday how much have I lost? Like same of yesterday or a small gain or lose. They act like they are looking to hear 5 pounds overnight.
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A:Not drinking beer again
    B: Yup
    A:why not?
    B: Cutting again
    A:You can at least have a few
    B: How about you smoke a few of these
    A:No!
    B:Why not? Does it impede your health choices?
    A:....
    B: Thats what I thought.

OMG! GOLD! :smokin: