I want some real friends

Options
SAC0O3
SAC0O3 Posts: 95
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I know this is a dull topic, and I am unsure where to post (seeing a few other people look for friends here and in other forums) but in all serious it is true.
I want some real friends who actually will message me and keep in contact. Hell, I wouldn't even mind having someone to text throughout the day when I am getting a serious craving! I really need support, and I know if someone is supporting me and I am supporting them it will help me get through it all. I have gone to the lowest of my low. In 2006 I lost 40lbs and I have now gained over half of that back. It happened so quickly that I don't even feel like I am in my own body anymore. I am hoping to lose 10lbs at a slow and healthy rate.
My biggest challenge is binge eating. I am an emotional and bored binge eater. I haven't always been like this. When I originally was heavier it was due to lack of exercise and not eating right. I never was a binger. This is something new and almost uncontrollable for me. I have been fighting it for over half a year now and it is making me become someone I am not.
Any takers? ^_^

Replies

• haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can get over the emotional/stress eating cycle, it just takes a different mindset...what got you to that place to binge? I know that when I restrict myself for more than 4 days, I feel like I eat everything in the kitchen, especially after losing a lb, I usually splurge that day. But, then, I am back to trying to get back to my lowest weight!!! What I have found to help get support is to just comment on others' postings to support them in their need. I know that I reap what I sow, so I know that making the effort to encourage someone else will bring leaps & bounds when I need it most! Hang in there... You don't have to go back to "starting over." Just stay focused & determined to log your food & workouts everyday. Remember, the scale cannot fight against low calories & sweat. Measure everything you eat, shoot! Even overestimate if you need to!

You can add me if you'd like. <3
  • Cole7612
    Cole7612 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing I tend to binge eat when I am upset as well, but I am so determined to lose weight I have to think mind over matter and plus I have found a strategy when I get hungry after I have already ate dinner or I get bored or upset I drink a glass of almond milk and it fills me up and curves my cravings. You can do it!! you did it once before you can do it again!! and fill free to add me as well!!
  • ciak9102
    ciak9102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I'm trying to not emotionally eat right now. Just tried to order pizza delivery and fortunately the place was closed. Just trying to fight depression right now while still achieving my own goals. It's tough, but I know that I have to fight through it. :smile:
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I know whats its like to go though it alone and without support. So im happy to lend a ear and such if it can help. Feel free to add.
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    Sure, if you want you can add me.
    I'll try to go on most days if you want me to. I don't mind getting new friends on here.
  • Nasstasia
    Nasstasia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am online every day :)
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Online throughout the day. Add me and I'll help the best I can.
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sent a FR. I know how you feel. Hitting the lowest of lows is not a good feeling. Just remember you do have people that care for you, friends, family, online friends! Keep your chin up and kick some *kitten*!!! Take care!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Remember that 'real friends' goes both ways, you gotta be honest and open-minded about suggestions or accountability. This means open diary too :) If you're cool with this then I'd be happy to support each other. I'm on MFP a few times a day.
  • ashleykawalek
    ashleykawalek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on everyday and will try my best to help keep you motivated!
  • Indomitable888
    Indomitable888 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was a big binge eater totally driven by emotion. Since August 1st I have set tools (and support) in place that have eliminated situations where I am not in full control. 37lbs gone so far and another 40 or so to go. I am a totally motivated individual, motivating friend and I am on MFP all day tracking everything that passes my lips. We all need support, I would be happy to help!
  • reggiecornwall
    Options
    You can add me, I understand where your coming from, the more help and support you can get the better
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    sent a request
  • misschuchi
    misschuchi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I see people are looking for friends on here and I wouldn't even mind having someone to text and talk to through out the day for motivation. I just had a baby two weeks ago while I was in the process of trying to lose weight and gained it all back plus a lot more. (eating for two anyone? lol) I will add you :)
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, you can add me too (anyone can, if you want to ;)). I'm also looking for someone to talk to, and it sure would be nice to give and get support. :) I'm afraid texting me accross the ocean could be too expensive, but I'm usually on MFP a few times a day, so it's probable that I'll reply fast (unless I'm asleep) to any message I get.
  • _amluvstld_
    Options
    I can totally relate. Feel free to add me!
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. Feel free to add me. I'm getting started on my new eating and exercise routine too. It's great to have people for support and it's a great feeling to offer support as well. :)
  • eberra2
    Options
    yes i am happy to do that we can give each other diet tips too?
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sure you can add me if you'd like ^^ I'm on here everyday and struggle with similar problems.
This discussion has been closed.