Protein Brownies (Entire BATCH <800 calories!)

Options

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    What does bump even mean?

Keeps the topic high on the list and it keeps it in your "post" history so you can find it later.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    All of my favorite ingredients! bump!
  • lynnmarie96
    lynnmarie96 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I might possibly love you..
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is awesome!!
  • Lylaathome
    Lylaathome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    50 ml is approximately 3 tablespoons, just shy of a 1/4 cup of fluids. My batch made up fairly liquidy. It's baking in the oven right now, but I used Walmart's Great Value Plain Greek Nonfat yogurt as it has 23 grams of protein and only 120 calories pure 1 cup serving (227 grams). I used my scale to measure everything according to OP recipe, but did change some of the ingredients to what I had on hand. Used Designer Whey protein powder and Special Dark Cocoa powder along with CocoaWell Dark Chocolate Energy Powder. (Added 1/2 tsp. Espresso powder to deepen the chocolate flavor.) I used an Agave Syrup and Stevia mixture for sweetening due to health issues and added 1 cup of rolled 5 grains instead of straight oats. I did not cook the oats first, just put all ingredients in my blender and mixed them up. It came out a liquidy batter like one would have for a cake. Poured mine into an 8 X 8 pan and they didn't raise much like a cake would. (I have an idea of the reason why so I will add that explanation at the end of how I will address it next time I make the brownies.*) The Brownies I made were fairly low and dense and gooey like some people like brownies. I cut the 8X8 batch into 24 brownies. You could adjust the taste to be a bit sweeter, but were warm and pleasing. At my elevation, I baked for 25 minutes instead of 15 to 20.

* How I would address the situation next time to help the brownies to rise a bit more. Baking Soda reacts when it's mixed with liquid and produces the carbon dioxide bubbles that help the batter to raise. If you mix it too much, you push those bubbles right out of the batter, so next time I will add all the ingredients except the baking powder and mix it in my vita-mix blender. Once all the ingredients are mixed together completely to my satisfaction, I will then add the baking powder to the moist mixture and barely mix to incorporate and then pour into the prepared pan before putting into the oven. That last step should help the brownies to rise slightly...but for now, I am going back and having my third brownie as they are inviting and low calorie. (my adjustment may have made the whole batch about 1100 calories, but divide that by 24 and you get around 45 calories a brownie. If you want more texture and want to add some good nut fats, sprinkle some toast almond slivers over the top. Yum anyway you fix it.
  • Lylaathome
    Lylaathome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BTW thanks for sharing, I will make this each time I want something chocolatey and low cal.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-). Making this today :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • lubuckl
    lubuckl Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Ok. So there's some Ideas, thanks.

I'll see what I can do to incorporate with my actual, real honest to God cocoa brownies that I have down to 80 calories each (24 squares).
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bumping to save
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yum !