What is Your Motivation? Why do you want Change?

Options
13»

Replies

• annettelotty
    annettelotty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my motivation is new, I have spent my life caring for my family and never thought of myself, one day i look in the mirror and think *kitten* where have the years gone, and who the heck is that in the mirror.... its my time to shine
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted a picture of myself on facebook for years because I don't like how I looked in pictures.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Because when I'm super slim it REALLY gets up the nose of those snotty family members, acquaintances and colleagues who I don't like and who don't like me. :glasses:

*smug face*
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    No motivation, ocd.
  • LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    I wanted to feel good about myself, to feel attractive again.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Simple, I think, fat people are unattractive and I don't want to be one of them.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    For Some One Very Special :cry:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Biggest motivation was $$$$$. We were told in 2011 that we were having health screenings for our health care coverage. I passed everything except weight. We are having the screening that will count on October 30th.

Now the motivation is how I feel. Being able to move around, pretty much pain free, is totally motivating for me now. I feel better than I have in decades.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    to be able to do what I want to do, without worry of weight restrictions for some activities but even more without hesitation of my own ability. One day almost 4 weeks ago I was feeling energetic and decided to go hike a small mountain near me. FAIL! I went about 15 minutes and had to come back because I was way too exhausted already. That moment I decided to change. I ate healthy the rest of that day and signed up for MFP as soon as I got home. Yesterday, I met with a wellness coach of sorts (a nurse practitioner that my employer has on-site a few days a week), and my goals for October are to go back to that mountain and walk for 20 minutes up (even if I have to take several breaks) and turn around. Go back another day and do 25 minutes. My plan was to wait until Spring to go back but she wants me to meet it head on and let it be my baseline (and not something to fear).
  • gymgirl3590
    Options
    1. To be able to do the things I love again (I started playing around doing gymnastics at work).
    2. To be smaller than my boyfriend.
    3. To be able to take care of myself (to be self sufficient, physically strong, and for when I age).
    4. Honestly I had some emotional trauma growing up and have some low self esteem because of it, I feel better about myself when I'm in better shape.
    5. I'm getting to the age where I may have kids soon, the better shape I'm in now, the easier it will be. We have several pregnant employees at the Y who have stayed in great shape.
    6. Avoiding a few surgeries, I also think my recovery time may be quicker if I'm in better shape.
    7. Coaching gymnasts in awesome shape makes me want to be better, it inspires me. I also never wanted to quit, I miss it, and being in shape I can play.
    8. To feel sexy.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really think it started with my health, then because I got pissed off because I was doing so well and I gained, then it became because I wanted to fit a pair of jeans Target sold now its because I really wanna outrun my husband.. lol an ever changing motivational moment, I'm ADHD for motivation. But I keep going..