Will I lose weight eating this daily? Any tips?

Options

Replies

• arielledarae
    arielledarae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dont know what a stone is to a pounds but I weigh 138 pounds and I'm 5'5. Im 10-13 pounds away from goal weight and here's what I'll eat on a typical day:

meal 1: 1/2 oatmeal (dry) with one scoop of protein powder

Meal 2: 1 cup of fresh fruit, usually strawberries and 6 oz of fat free greek yogurt with 1 oz almonds

Meal 3: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with one cup of green veggies

Meal 4: Whey protein with 1 serving of natural peanut butter

Meal 5: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1/2 cup veggies

Meal 6: 4 oz lean ground turkey with 1 cup veggies

I am very busy also. I wake up at 4am to eat and workout then work from 7am to 7pm but I take the time to prepare 3 days of food to make sure I am eating enough! Hope this helps

Thiis is a nice diary!

• namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    my diary is open as are a lot of other people on here - take a look around wherever you can and get some inspiration. **Warning - don't have a heart attack when you look at the amount of chocolate and wine I put away. I reset my ticker but lost 20 lb eating like I am now before I reset it.**
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2 and I'm EXTREMELY busy.
    I get hungry. How do you not get hungry because you are busy?
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    that is such little calories. :(
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    my diary is open as are a lot of other people on here - take a look around wherever you can and get some inspiration. **Warning - don't have a heart attack when you look at the amount of chocolate and wine I put away. I reset my ticker but lost 20 lb eating like I am now before I reset it.**

Wine and chocolate are the best treats at the end of the day! I drink mine with Lindor truffles. :-D
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: handful of strawberries or raspberries

I don't have much time for breakfast and am kept busy until lunch so don't get hungry

Lunch: quarter tin of Heinz soup or large salad (no dressing, jus lettuce, cucumber and tomato and ham)

Again kept busy so won't get hungry.

Dinner: fish with veg (broccoli, leak and carrot) or chicken and veg.

Long walk after dinner. Also work out DVD every other day.

For snacks again I'd just have a handful of berries or pineapple.

Thank you!

I'm 18. Weigh 12 stone.5ft5. I'd like to get to 10 stone or 10 and a half stone for Christmas. Will I do it this way?

You want to lose 28 pounds by christmas? And that is almost 20% of your body weight? That's not a reasonable goal. There are about 11 weeks until christmas, so maybe aim for a pound a week.

And you will lose weight no matter WHAT you eat so long as you eat fewer calories than you burn. In the long run, though, you'll be more likely to stay with a diet that includes more variety and more food than you have described.
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You want a tip? Eat more than what you said. It's only negative to you because it isn't what you want to hear.
    [/quote]

^^^This - and here is why I agree. My typical day was like yours, and I would binge on the weekends. Although I thought that I was eating a little here and there, and going out for dinner with the family on weekends I could not understand why I was gaining/not losing. It was beause my metabolism was trashed and my weekly calories were too high for me to really have a deficit. When MFP said eat 1200 calories I felt like I was stuffing myself, and was terrified it would have the opposite effect. I was also in doubt when i started logging exercise and MFP said "eat some calories lost through exercise back."

I whined to my husband that it sounded ridiculous and that I was only going to get fatter BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Guess what - I listened to other succesful MFPers. I don't buy into the starvation mode since I have been reading all the great helpful info in this site. But I realised I was doing my organs long-term damage with my stupid approach to fueling my body.

I have been losing weight like crazy following MFP, have muscles I show off to my hubby and kids all the time. I fit into my smaller clothes. I am happy and energetic. For the first time in my life I believe I finally have control of my body.

Eat enough calories...listen to the wealth of info in MFP and accept the reasoning that losing weight slowly is better for long term success. Even though I wait for the scale to move, and it sticks sometimes, realise that by eating enough you will be healthier. The scale will continue to go down over time.

Once you say goodbye to the bigger clothes sizes be assured that by following the plan you will not go back to them.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    you won't be able to keep it up for long and you will binge. any initial weightloss you see is water weight, or from physical lack of food in your belly. Eat more before you destroy your metabolism
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Wine and chocolate are the best treats at the end of the day! I drink mine with Lindor truffles. :-D

at the end of the day.. or middle of the day.. or breakfast :wink: :laugh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sure you'll meet your goal...but your hair will fall out, your periods will stop, you;ll be tired and cranky. Being 18 your body is STILL developing and the last thing you want to do is detroy it. Eat healthy. This isnt a Pro-Ana website.

I asked for TIPS. I showed you a basic day. This wouldn't be every day. I also thought this was a FRIENDLY website when all I've got is negativity.

If that's your basic day you're on the road to an eating disorder or falling off the wagon and gaining it all back very quickly.

ETA: And you're getting negativity because we don't encourage starvation diets or anyone who plans to lose/live in an unhealthy manner.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That's not enough for ANYONE, not even a cartoon cyclops that works at Planet Express. PLEASE eat more. Have a fat omelette for breakfast at least! It's good, fills you up and is nutritious!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I'm just curious if I'll meet my goal this way.

No babe, you'll be starving and will give up, it's not sustainable. You really need to use this site to track your calories, it will work, just take a look on the 'success' forum.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I eat around 1500 a day, and my diary is open, I had to make time to eat throughout the day so that I didn't end up eating a huge junkfood dinner. Now this is my goal, and there are still days when I can't do it (like today). But

breakfast 200cal:oatmeal (with berries and fruit) or sandwich (with peanut butter and fruit) with orange juice
    snack 200cal: fruit (depends on what I have)
    lunch 250cal: sandwich with avocado and egg
    snack 200cal: 30 grams of nuts
    dinner 450cal: chicken or fish with
    supper 200cal: whatever I feel like I've missed during the day.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I know that is only one day as an example but its depressing to read, I cant imagine living on it more than once a week even if I had to!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    where's the dietary fat? Pretty low protein as well. This would also be pretty much jack **** in RE to calories. Sounds like a lot of fun...
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You will starve.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hello,

The responses might sound rude, but people actually get a bit tired seeing people eat such less number of calories :smile: on a daily basis. No harm intended.
    You are still young and growing. Eat more and exercise. Make a lifestyle change that you can sustain forever.
    I personally love food, so eating less is not a good choice for me to lose weight, because the minute i start maintenance, i am sure i will gain all of it back.
    So i eat at a slight deficit and exercise. I have lost 26 pounds this way at a very steady rate.
    You have 2 months until Christmas and can easily lose around 8-10 pounds by then by eating at a deficit of 20% from TDEE and exercising.
    I am 5'5 and started at 173 pounds(much closer to your weight). Now i am 147 pounds and slowly going down eating around 1700 calories on average.

Edited to correct some information.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. Weigh 12 stone.5ft5. I'd like to get to 10 stone or 10 and a half stone for Christmas. Will I do it this way?

Yes, you absolutely will lose weight eating like that.

The question is, *should* you lose weight eating like that.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it would add up to 1000 calories or less. That's not healthy at all. For what it's worth, I'm only a year older than year, I eat 1700 calories a day and am consistently losing.
    Also, being busy does nothing to stop hunger. I'm incredibly busy too, I'm either at work all day running around or school all day running around. And I still get hungry several times throughout those days. Yes, I can push it to the side when I'm in the middle of something, but it's still there and I definitley still feel it. And then I eat something.