Who else loves to drink wine?

Options

Replies

• rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love my red Merlot wine,and I wil drink my cosmos ,I will have a few drinks Friday night when i go out and a drink Saturday nights ,other wise only if i am at a party or somthing,I quit smoking i'm not about to give up on my wine,
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I cut back on alot of differnet foods but will not give up my wine or chocolate! By the way white and wine should not be used in the same sentence. Red and Wine go together!

To be read aloud with a French accent: "Ze only time white wine is acceptable, is when zere is no more red wine."

Yeah, I'm half French, so my love of wine is genetic.

Sadly I've cut back a lot because of calories. I used to worry that I couldn't enjoy a meal without wine, but I've adjusted! Now I only have it on weekends, and try to limit it to 2-3 glasses. When I get to my goal weight and can add a few more calories to my diet, wine will be first in line! Forget dessert, snacks, etc. Give me wine!
  • gailcammire
    gailcammire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm now I want WINE ! I like both red & white, it just depends on my mood at the time.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pinot Grigio Plz & Tnx :flowerforyou:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I cut back on alot of differnet foods but will not give up my wine or chocolate! By the way white and wine should not be used in the same sentence. Red and Wine go together!

To be read aloud with a French accent: "Ze only time white wine is acceptable, is when zere is no more red wine."

Yeah, I'm half French, so my love of wine is genetic.

Sadly I've cut back a lot because of calories. I used to worry that I couldn't enjoy a meal without wine, but I've adjusted! Now I only have it on weekends, and try to limit it to 2-3 glasses. When I get to my goal weight and can add a few more calories to my diet, wine will be first in line! Forget dessert, snacks, etc. Give me wine!

Mmmm...chocolate.....wine......chocolate wine = amazing!
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...chocolate.....wine......chocolate wine = amazing!
    Allow me, then, to make a recommendation.

Look for a wine called Desiree. It is a chocolate port.

https://www.rosenblumcellars.com/wine-shop/nv-rosenblum-cellars-desiree-chocolate-dessert-wine-california-375ml

Word of advice: get a couple of baby-sized snifters (the ones that look like an egg cup), and enjoy it in small quantities. It is sinfully rich, and it is utterly delicious. I knew a sommelier who used to laugh that every time she opened a bottle, every woman in the restaurant would look straight at her like, "Whatever that is, I want it."
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dry wines don't seem to do didley squat to my energy balance. I don't even log them now. I sort of wish they could help me gain, as I'm bulking now.

Beer is a different story.
  • hillarysmith21
    hillarysmith21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! I'm a Wino too :) I just love it. Really, you could have a worse "weakness". It does make thing awesome.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Red wine is my biggest vice. I love it. That, combined with dark chocolate, makes me happier than anything else on the planet.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Wine makes me happy. Usually pinot grigio in the summer months (or for Sunday Funday) and reds like Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir in winter. I often find an excuse to cook with it so I can have it around!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Chocolate wine actually sounds pretty awful to me.:frown:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Wine makes me happy. Usually pinot grigio in the summer months (or for Sunday Funday) and reds like Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir in winter. I often find an excuse to cook with it so I can have it around!

Why do you need an excuse? I always keep at least a case in my basement...
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I actually stopped at 2 glasses last night! Woot! So proud of myself!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    love it, need to drink more, :drinker:
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Did someone say WINE?????? I would love some! RIGHT MEOW!
    :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In honor of the question about the island, I bought a nice prosecco for the weekend AND a sauvignon blanc. :drinker:
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of vino. Lately i've been into Portuguese wines.

This is what i'm currently drinking.......

periquita-9l-red-wine-jose-maria-da-fonseca-portugal.jpg
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Love reds, dry but fruit tones. Yum! I do a glass pretty much every night with dinner; sometimes two if it fits into calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of vino. Lately i've been into Portuguese wines.

This is what i'm currently drinking.......

periquita-9l-red-wine-jose-maria-da-fonseca-portugal.jpg
    Love the portuguese wines.