Would U log Chewing Gum calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No, I don't log gum. I chew sugarless gum, which is less than 5 calories. Now here is the weird part - I read a study by the Mayo Clinic that chewing a piece of gum for an hour burns 11 calories. So I try my hardest not to spit the gum out for at least 30 minutes lol. That way, I know I at least burned the calories in the gum...

Yes, I'm weird.

Ahhh, weird, but look how pretty you are! lol
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use to log my gum. I know its a little OCD!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't log vitamins or gum. I do log cough drops. I also don't log coffee, but I log anything that I put into the coffee... Meh, it's just what's been working for ME, YMMV
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    No
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No as I don't have it that often :)
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I log gum, as I tend to have a lot of it when I have it around. As mentioned by someone else in this thread I also chew it to stop me snacking, so it is handy to have a record of when and how often so I can figure out ways to avoid my 'danger times'.

In terms of medicine, I do not log it. I rarely take medicine so when I do I really need it, and there is no way I want to feel guilty for doing so, hence the not logging. That and a bottle of cough medicine will generally go out of date before I even use half of it, that's how little I take the stuff. I will log any natural remedies though
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    No, I don't log gum. I chew sugarless gum, which is less than 5 calories. Now here is the weird part - I read a study by the Mayo Clinic that chewing a piece of gum for an hour burns 11 calories. So I try my hardest not to spit the gum out for at least 30 minutes lol. That way, I know I at least burned the calories in the gum...

Yes, I'm weird.

^^^^ this^^^^ I chew sugarless for fresh breath and to satisfy sweet cravings (i.e if I have spicy food, etc). At less than 5 per stick, I burn more chewing.
  • BrenStew1
    BrenStew1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that you probably burn the 5-10 cals just chewing it :wink:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I generally only chew a piece of sugar free a day (if I get hungry and don't want to eat, or can't eat), so I don't bother.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm weird.

Ahhh, weird, but look how pretty you are! lol

Lol. Weird and pretty? Dangerous combo...
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No way. I think that's a little obsessive, to be honest. I also eat one hershey kiss at the end of each day when I successfully stayed within my calories AND kept my kids alive while the house is still standing. Never log it. Never will.

27508099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm weird.

Doesnt seem weird at all - I usually have a piece a day and now since i for sure chew it wayyyyy past that hour lol - i will no longer think about logging it :) thanks
  • Lindaspencer
    Options
    cxcVoQn.gif

Love thiis lol :heart:
  • Lindaspencer
    Options

Yes, I'm weird.

^^^^ this^^^^ I chew sugarless for fresh breath and to satisfy sweet cravings (i.e if I have spicy food, etc). At less than 5 per stick, I burn more chewing.

Sounds great to me :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't chew gum.