For you dedicated thrifters

Options
2»

Replies

• dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my most recent is a pair of tall leather boots. they were pricey (18$) for a thrift store but considering they were real leather, in perfect condition AND in my size.. I needed to get em. Heck, they woulda been at least 100$ brand new so no complaints here.

cheaper but equally happy-with purchases these 3 super adorably dresses (with pockets!) for a buck each.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I bought a LAMB, couture dress that was from the 2005 fall line, for 48 bucks. It originally retailed for $525 dollars and I found a picture of Gwen Stefanie wearing the same style and color on the internet. It still looks brand new and is beautifully made.
  • madlab7
    madlab7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My best find was a Minnesota Twins game used baseball jersey from the early 70's that I got at a Flea Market for $3.00. Sold it on ebay for $650.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My boots. Tall, Leather, Lace Up, High Heeled Lug Sole. Name Brand (Timberland). 20 Bucks. They are, litterally, my favorite pair of footwear. I figured they would retail for about 150.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores in Canada are insanely overpriced compared to the States. And its not as common to see things in perfect condition.

That said, I found a pair of Lululemon capris yoga pants for $15. Very gently worn. They retail for $90 or more.
    I sew, so I got about $150 worth of fabric for $23 once. Someone's grandma must have passed or been put in a home. There were knits ($14/m) and other pricier types of fabric. It made my day anyways. :love:
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    37587365.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Found my first band T-shirt at a thrift shop. It was a Metallica shirt.
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A pair of brand new studio headphones, normally $160 for that particular brand and model, for 25 cents.

A super cute, customized retro gingham sundress for $6. I can't fit in it anymore, but I love it so much that it's been my inspiration clothing piece to get back down to 185-ish by summer so I can wear it. It's the only article of clothing I own that, once I reach GW and it's too big, I have every intention of having taken in so I can wear it until it's in rags.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A friend's find, an authentic prada handbag for $5
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I shop for collectibles that I can sell on eBay. Not uncommon for me to find items around $1 that I turn around and sell for around $20. I had a $.25 item sell for $77 and a $1.00 item sell for $104.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    At a garage sale picked up a picture of a wolf, my youngest son loves wolves, for $20, found out that it's worth about $900. :happy:

I :heart: thrift store shopping 90% of my clothes come from there and I love buying expensive brands of clothes dirt cheap!!! Love it!!! :love: