How Do U Get Your Cals for ThanksGiving Dinner?

Options
13»

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just eat like it's a regular meal. It's only one day. Shouldn't really be a big deal.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I eat clean & don't worry about the calories.
    Because "clean" food can't make you fat due to all the fairy dust in it....

EXACTLY!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    But, for those who don't quite believe that clean eating is what they want to do...

As mentioned, it is ONE meal. Make it your free meal or day and just get back on plan the day after. Just make sure you do get back on plan right away. As long as you keep it at one meal/day and don't wake up after a month-long feast of junk you'll be fine.

But do be aware that the month-long feast fiasco happens to many, many people... Don't let it happen to you! You've got goals to meet & an amazing body to put finishing touches on!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't log Thanksgiving. It's one day. I didn't get fat in one day and I won't stop losing because of one day.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll take most of Thanksgiving week off. No sense in making my MNL feel like they made the wrong stuff for a family gathering. I'll be hitting in hard the week prior and will prolly try to fast on wednesday.
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Benefits of being the head grownup type is that you cook the meal, so know what's in it already :) I'll eat a bit of everything. Leaves all the more for leftover sandwiches which is way better anyway.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I never log on that day. I'm too busy stuffing my face with my turkey-mashed potato-cranberry sauce-stuffing- on a bread roll and dipped in gravy sammiches.

And booze.

And lots of pie.

While wearing my pants with the stretchy waistband and watching football.

:drinker:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'll just eat a regular portion. My MIL isn't a very good cook so I don't need to worry about over indulgence. :-)

LOL, oh my that sucks!!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I dgaf about stuff like Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to gorge myself, not log a thing, and not feel guilty about it either. Happy Thanksgiving! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    too many people worry about what to eat between thanksgiving and christmas, when they should worry about what they are eating between christmas and thanksgiving.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I wish I could cook myself, but due to family obligations, that won't be an option this year. I'll either eat with my grandparents, who usually have the meal catered, or with my boyfriend's family, which will be home-cooked in the least healthy way possible.

I probably won't eat after breakfast, except maybe a small snack, allocating 2/3 of my calories for the day to dinner. Honestly, I'll probably go over, but I will try to keep my meal balanced and practice portion control. I find that I simply can't eat such a large amount of food in one sitting anymore! Hopefully there will be some veggie options for me to feel up and turkey is a lean protein.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts people!!!

My plan will be to have half a plate of turkey, 1/2cup of cranberry (60g carbs right there!!!), 1/4 plate of veggies, small scoop of dressing, 1/2cup of gravy AND dessert which will prob be like another 60g of carbs!!!! So my dinner is prob gonna be like 150grams of carbs. OMG!!! lol. Im gonna have to take like 15units of Humalog for this meal! Happy Thanks Giving!!!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts people!!!

My plan will be to have half a plate of turkey, 1/2cup of cranberry (60g carbs right there!!!), 1/4 plate of veggies, small scoop of dressing, 1/2cup of gravy AND dessert which will prob be like another 60g of carbs!!!! So my dinner is prob gonna be like 150grams of carbs. OMG!!! lol. Im gonna have to take like 15units of Humalog for this meal! Happy Thanks Giving!!!

Would I be correct to say that this meal will be roughly 1200cals???
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Running and Jacob's ladder. But in the immortal words of Rhett Butler - Frankly my dear I don't give a damn! <that is not my every day motto but it is on high holidays. Which incidentally only last for ONE day. That is the key. If you do a splurge then you need to be sure it is one day and not all the days ever.

Log it. Love it. Move on and do what you have to do. One day is ok, but unless you intend to chop down forests or run marathons EVERY day you can't eat like that all the time.

Enjoy your turkey!

So I've only ever heard of Jacob's ladder in Lexington Virginia... one and the same?

and Eff that noise- man it's been years since I ran jacob's ladder- I'd probably die if I did it today- I'm just NOT a runner any more!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    too many people worry about what to eat between thanksgiving and christmas, when they should worry about what they are eating between christmas and thanksgiving.

This is brilliant.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

This is brilliant.

I worry everyday about what im eating..........
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Eat 3 or 4 pies and a few lbs of mashed, turkey and mac n cheese
    [/quote]

QFT

I am going to spend the 4-5 days before thanksgiving baking and making delicious treats and on turkey day I am going to eat whatever I want, however much I want and Im only gonna log on MFP is: "turkey day. shrugs. 6000 cals"

I am a great cook, my MIL is a great cook, my dad is a chef, my sis in law makes cornbread that is so good, it makes you want to cry, so I am going to eat whatever I feel like, have seconds, have more for breakfast the next day and Im not gonna think twice about it