Have you always been overweight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No. I was always very skinny and athletic. In junior high/high school, I was a cheerleader and a dancer. I danced (jazz and modern, mostly) and practiced yoga through my late 20s, then I moved to the middle of nowhere, stopped dancing/playing sports and took up a sedentary desk job. Almost ten years and 60 lbs later, I no longer recognized myself in photos and started to change my lifestyle and eating habits.

I will readily admit I lose weight and put on muscle more easily than most women seem to. It's still not easy, though.
    Welcome back!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    No, I was average/skinny (about a size 6-8 US) going into to high school. I ballooned up to a size 20 US by junior year, and I have flucturated between a 16-20 for the past 12 years, but I'm now down to a size 10. So yay!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    No. I was always very skinny and athletic. In junior high/high school, I was a cheerleader and a dancer. I danced (jazz and modern, mostly) and practiced yoga through my late 20s, then I moved to the middle of nowhere, stopped dancing/playing sports and took up a sedentary desk job. Almost ten years and 60 lbs later, I no longer recognized myself in photos and started to change my lifestyle and eating habits.

I will readily admit I lose weight and put on muscle more easily than most women seem to. It's still not easy, though.
    Welcome back!

Thank you :) It's even better this time around. My aim is to be in the best shape of my life before age 40 :)