seriously why do people do this?

Options
124»

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    MFP is the definition of vanilla nice forums. Some forums out there are brutal.

This ^^
    You just have to laugh sometimes at all the 'MFP PEOPLE R MEAN" posts.. All the while I'm thinking.. I bet you don't game :P

As for the OP:

People do this because they can't be bothered to read and instead prefer to just type some random garbage that has nothing to do with what you are asking..It's kind of like how some people talk just to hear the sound of their own voices - and woe be to you if you actually point out that they aren't even answering your question. Trust me, if you ask anything be prepared for at least 75% of the 'answers' to be completely unrelated to the question - which is why I rarely ask anything ;p
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

For example, I am childfree by choice and I have a lot of little pet peeves about things people do as parents.

I don't like other people's kids.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Welcome to life on the internet. You better get used to it ... it doesn't get any better. People are pretty brave when they are allowed to hide behind that keyboard.
    ^This
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So you're a backyard breeder then. Yeah, most people who love animals don't like irresponsible dog owners.

No I am not, but if I ask a question about a dog/puppy they automatically assume I am. Our dog got pregnant while we were in the process of moving-it happened, nothing I can do to change it, however when I'm trying to get information or asking to learn and all I get is chewed out and chastised how does that help? Instead if something like that happens move on past it and offer advice or information to help the person out.

Most breeders get more upset because someone would rather pay less than $500 for a dog of the same caliper than fork out a rent check or car payment for a pup that came from their "titled" dog.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    49665-The-Internet--jen-presents--Th-hatl.gif

6854sn.jpg

50189-IT-Crowd-gif--I-love-this-I-fe-2Ab8.gif

Pretty much.
    Best. Show. Ever. :glasses:

I also didn't realize Craigslist had a forum section. If you have a bunch of dog-related questions, why wouldn't you go to a forum about dogs? It seems like you'd get far more pertinent answers and way fewer crazies doing it that way.

Actually I got more info from the craigslist forum than a dog forum. in the dog forums you get chastised for looking at a dog that costs less than $1500. whether or not you breed your dog, do all the right testing and do everything right but just want to get more information on one little thing, you are a BYB and a horrible person. Your puppies will live a horrible disease ridden life, and die a slow painful death, You are uneducated, retarded, an idiot/moron, The puppies will be ill mannered and bite anyone who comes near them...blah blah blah. My current Doberman cost $350 (my fiancé's dog), the breeders didn't do genetic/DNA testing and our girl is the best dog ever. No health conditions, no behavior issues, nothing wrong-but according to Doberman talk this doesn't happen and I'm lying. Same with y pitbull shepard mix babies they have no issues, they were dumped at Animal control with mom at 2 weeks old, we have had one since 7 weeks, and the other (her sister) since 5 months and they are great.

I love animals but I'm never going to pay $1500-$2500 just because your puppies came from a dog you took to dog shows. Breeders get more upset because people sell puppies from dogs that have never been to a dog show. My Doberman is purebred, so were her parents, none of which have ever gone to dog shows. Why pay the money for that when you just want a family pet? So that you can charge more if & when they get bred?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Every where you leak, somebody hangs a bucket.