World egg 'free' day! Live without egg for just 1 day

Options
2»

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    There are more chickens in the state of Arkansas than Sheep in Australia and New Zealand combined.

Good joke, OP
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No. I'm cold as ice.
    You're willing to sacrifice our love...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Can I eat egg beaters?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Can I eat egg beaters?

Aren't those made with eggs?

Eitherway: steak and eggs for dinner. Yumyum
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    The egg industry has declared today ‘World Egg Day’– but we’d like to take this opportunity to put chickens BEFORE the egg by sharing with you something that the egg marketing machine won’t... In an industry where the worth of a hen is measured by how many eggs she can produce – have you ever stopped to wonder what happened to the boys?

The truth might shock you. For every female chicken hatched, there is one male; a tiny chirping bundle of fluff who will never produce an egg. He will never grow fast enough to be profitable for his meat. So he is simply disposed of – like a piece of rubbish.
    Every year in Australia, 12 million day-old male chicks are gassed to death, or ground up alive. Tragically this is standard practice across all types of egg farming systems – whether free range, organic or factory farmed.

Today, we’re looking out for the little guys by inviting you to celebrate World Egg ‘Free’ day with us.

Who is we? Also, gassing chickens and grinding them alive sound both like inefficient slaughter methods. But good luck with your vendetta.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No. I'm cold as ice.
    You're willing to sacrifice our love...

:laugh: :smokin:
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Can I eat egg beaters?

NO! Those are made from beaten chickens. Come on, don't you read the National Enquirer?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The worst part of walking the coop are the rodents that get into the feed and literally eat themselves to death. they can be quite noisy.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat any eggs today, but I did buy a dozen.

Yay World Egg Day!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Why don't they just turn them into chicken nuggets?
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The egg industry has declared today ‘World Egg Day’– but we’d like to take this opportunity to put chickens BEFORE the egg by sharing with you something that the egg marketing machine won’t... In an industry where the worth of a hen is measured by how many eggs she can produce – have you ever stopped to wonder what happened to the boys?

The truth might shock you. For every female chicken hatched, there is one male; a tiny chirping bundle of fluff who will never produce an egg. He will never grow fast enough to be profitable for his meat. So he is simply disposed of – like a piece of rubbish.
    Every year in Australia, 12 million day-old male chicks are gassed to death, or ground up alive. Tragically this is standard practice across all types of egg farming systems – whether free range, organic or factory farmed.

Today, we’re looking out for the little guys by inviting you to celebrate World Egg ‘Free’ day with us.

Who is we? Also, gassing chickens and grinding them alive sound both like inefficient slaughter methods. But good luck with your vendetta.

What would be a more efficient way to slaughter chickens? Perhaps just throwing them live into a bin and letting them suffocate or starve to death would be a more efficient method. Less effort involved that way...
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Why don't they just turn them into chicken nuggets?

Why indeed?
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Nawwww