You have to be kidding me- a Cinnamon Roll ad?

Options
Just have to say- MFP has an ad on the side of my home page (on my lap top) for Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Seriously! "It's a Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls weekend!" It is not tempting at all to me, but am thinking it is to many people who may be struggling today. I think it is kind of cheesy and low. BTW- my top banner has Red Robin, Panera and Arby coupons. Seriously- what happened to my ads for excercise clothes?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't pick the ads...they are based on whatever activity has happened in your browser. IE...if you look up workout clothes, you're likely to get stuff related to working out. If you look up food, you're likely to get ads for restaurants.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Download Firefox and get the adblock plus ad on. It's free. I don't see ads at all.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I started getting the cinnamon roll ads after I logged one. Seems kind of mean.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Mine is an ad for the exact same credit card I already have. Must be because I visit my credit card account often on this computer.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I started getting the cinnamon roll ads after I logged one. Seems kind of mean.

I got a fruit roll up ad after I logged one.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It generates ads based off of your search history. I have ads for financial planning sites because my husband and I are looking to buy some land and build a house. The other day I had a papa johns ad probably because we order pizza on Saturdays.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yup right now my side ad is for an upcoming color me rad 5k
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just have to say- MFP has an ad on the side of my home page (on my lap top) for Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Seriously! "It's a Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls weekend!" It is not tempting at all to me, but am thinking it is to many people who may be struggling today. I think it is kind of cheesy and low. BTW- my top banner has Red Robin, Panera and Arby coupons. Seriously- what happened to my ads for excercise clothes?

Stop searching for that stuff then.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm sad. I had cinnabon cinnamon rolls with bacon for breakfast on Sunday and I'm not getting the pictures! :sad: I've got a Paradise Island, Bahamas ad.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sabotage!

MFP must be trying to keep us all fat so we never leave. :grumble:
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm sad. I had cinnabon cinnamon rolls with bacon for breakfast on Sunday and I'm not getting the pictures! :sad: I've got a Paradise Island, Bahamas ad.

I am jealous! Bahamas ad sounds so much better than "Get Low Interest Rates Now"...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Stop searching for that stuff then.

this.

you control what ads populate.
  • annakdavis
    annakdavis Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So wierd- because my searches are for Quest Bars, excercise clothes and books to read things like that. My ads are shoes, Delta and Cinnabon- none of which are related.
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up...I'll go buy some and make them for breakfast tomorrow. Their ad worked! You helped spread the word. Thanks.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with cinnamon rolls???

You can eat one and still lose weight.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I got frosted flakes ads and apparently I am trying to be sold a Toyota ....
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options

MFP does not charge us to use their website, so in my opinion they pretty much get a free pass for selling advertising space to anyone they want as long as it isn't something violently offensive such as baseball bats made for beating puppies. I hate those adds.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    adblock. that is all.
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Its based off of your searches. The ad on my page this morning was a green giant frozen veggie ad.