The bra overhang.....HELP

Options
Whats the best way to tone up around your bra so nothing hangs over??? What workouts tone there?

thanks
stacey

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    toning is not a thing.

and secondly- to truly answer your question
    fork put downs and table push aways

body fat is a function of diet- not workouts.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Toning is not a thing?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    no- you're muscles don't tone.

they either grow. or they shrink. they don't tone- lengthen- get lean or get fat. they either get bigger- stay the same or get smaller.

and you either can see them- or you can't- and that is a function of diet. if you have a lower body fat percentage- then you will be able to see your muscles. If you do not- even if you HAVE good musculature- you might not be able to see them well (great example- those big huge power lifters who just look like big huge fat guys but lift big huge weights)

so toning is a word women's media industry gave women so they would 'lift weights'

they only way to get rid of body fat is through a calorie deficit.
    So eat at a calorie deficit and lose weight. Keep lifting and training.

At your condition you'll see moderate muscle/strength gains- and fat loss.

and no you won't get bulky lifting weights- you can only add bulk by eating at a calorie surplus. so after you get in better shape you can go back- eat at a calorie surplus- get slightly bigger muscles- then cut the body fat and have even more super fabulous defined arms and back.

this is the way this is done.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Thank you thats good to know. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    what hangs over?
    I do not get this.
    I am bones there,
  • staceymae19
    Options
    lol some fat
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Other than what has already been said......are you sure that your bra fits properly? A lot of woman have that problem because their bras don't fit correctly. Other than that I have no other advice. Just lose fat and be patient, you can't pick and choose where it comes off.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Well I kinda have big boobs, they are a D. I don't wear them too tight...... I don't know I guess I just have to lose a lot of fat? I'm 5'8 and 143lbs.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yeah no- you either need to start working out more or get your bras fitted better.

I'm 15 lbs heavier at 5'8" and don't have bra back fat... and I'm a 34D
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    If you're overhanging your bra, you need a bra that fits properly.

I'm fat. Wear a 44G and nothing overhangs my bra.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Well I kinda have big boobs, they are a D. I don't wear them too tight...... I don't know I guess I just have to lose a lot of fat? I'm 5'8 and 143lbs.

A lot of people wear their bras with a band size too large, and cup size too small, and things tend to get smushed out the sides and bottom. I thought I wore a 34D...really I wear a 28FF. Get fitted, and see if that helps with your issue. (just not at Victoria Secret...they suck *kitten*. Try Nordstrom.)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

A lot of people wear their bras with a band size too large, and cup size too small, and things tend to get smushed out the sides and bottom. I thought I wore a 34D...really I wear a 28FF. Get fitted, and see if that helps with your issue. (just not at Victoria Secret...they suck *kitten*. Try Nordstrom.)

This. It's unfortunate that you can't just go to Target or Victoria's Secret and get a good fitting bra, but the sizing is truly limited and we all end up thinking we're just 32-38, A-DD. I thought I was a 34DD; nope, I can do a 30FF or a 32E (I tend to do the higher band size since I'm not suuuper comfortable with a snugger band, but the band SHOULD be snug).
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think you may need a proper bra fitting. There should be no 'overhang' :blushing:
    As I lost weight, bras became easier to fit, however, I had a terrible time when I weighed more than I do now.

A lot of it has to do with the shape of your breasts too. Having shallow rooted breasts can make fitting hard too.
    If the gore of your bra is not sitting flat on your breastbone, the back is riding up, you have excess breast tissue poking out near your under arms, you have excess breast tissue spilling up giving you the dreaded quad boob, your underwire does not end up just behind your breast (near your armpit) then you need to continue your search for the proper size and style that will flatter your figure and keep the girls where they should be.

Hope that helps somewhat....sister sizes help a great deal & styles are the other side to that coin. :drinker:
    Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, losing fat is what will give you less to "hang over", but double check that your bras fit right.

Oh look, here's a handy bra size calculator: http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Thanks ladies I will go get fitted
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Yep, time for a new bra.............way cheaper than new bewbs
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I think you may need a proper bra fitting. There should be no 'overhang' :blushing:
    As I lost weight, bras became easier to fit, however, I had a terrible time when I weighed more than I do now.

A lot of it has to do with the shape of your breasts too. Having shallow rooted breasts can make fitting hard too.
    If the gore of your bra is not sitting flat on your breastbone, the back is riding up, you have excess breast tissue poking out near your under arms, you have excess breast tissue spilling up giving you the dreaded quad boob, your underwire does not end up just behind your breast (near your armpit) then you need to continue your search for the proper size and style that will flatter your figure and keep the girls where they should be.

Hope that helps somewhat....sister sizes help a great deal & styles are the other side to that coin. :drinker:
    Good luck!

so true.

I have a lot of problems- I'm still not convinced that I am wearing the correct size... I realized mine were NOT the right size when I started de-constructing them- and with out the original band- a C cup- shell- was literally leaving NO room for me what so ever. It was terrible- so i went up in cup- down in size- it's better- but if I scoop and lift- I'll still get quad boob- and even higher quality bra (maidenform springs to mind) digs into my sternum).. going to a 32DD isn't an option (although that's what when I measured it said I should be.)

The hunt continues!!!

Blarg- cute sports bras for life.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    I did just have a baby two months ago so I really do need to be fitted
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I repeat the "Get fitted in nordstrom/online/in a proper bra store (not VS or Canadian La Senza)
    I had overhang in my 38DDs. I no longer have overhang and I'm in 32H's. Seriously check it out, It will make clothing fit way better and you'll feel a lot better in bras (especially sports bras)

And saying you're a "D" is a very very unhelpful thing. Even if you want to go by VS sizing alone, I dare you to go to a VS and put a 32D up against a 38D and say the breasts that fit them would be the same size. I'm sure if I wanted to I could fit into a 46D (mighta messed up sistersizing, forgive me if I have) and be a "D" cup. The D is supposed to mean that the difference between your bandsize (which should be around the same number as your rib measurement) is 4 inches less then what you get when you measure around your chest without a bra. So if you're wearing a 34D, you'd better have 34 as your ribs, and 38 as your breast. 36 would be 36 inch ribcage, 40 inch chest. 36 bands and up are usually so stretchy you can size down in the band, so if you really need a 38 inch band that means you must have either a very very very large ribcage or you've got a lot of body fat on ribs.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

At 5`8" and 143lbs you are not overweight :smile:

I would go with the other suggestions that you get a bra fitting in a store.

Bras are just so hard to find in a comfortable fit. There are so many to choose from.