Blood type diet

Options
2»

Replies

• StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended this "diet" to me years ago. I researched it and yeah, uh, No. Beyond the fact it would have me eating many foods I don't care for and or bother my stomach, it's just silly.
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    It told me to eat the foods I already liked, and to avoid the foods that I didn't eat or made me ill, however I feel that is likely coincidence since the diet has neither scientific nor overwhelming circumstantial evidence backing it up.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    is this that diet where you eat less and exercise more?
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its a no from me. I toyed with the idea - but I got confuddled with conflicting research and left it alone

"Karl Landsteiner described the original blood types--A, B and O--in 1900 and doctors now recognize 23 blood group systems with hundreds of different "types.""
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? What were your thoughts?

This "diet" is not meant for humans. It is only meant for vampires as an excuse to use blood type profiling when selecting their prey
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bought the "eat right for your type" in 2001, I was single and a graduate student by the time so I had plenty of time. The foods that are in the avoid section were the foods that always give me trouble like milk, red meat, tomatoes and such but these 3 really give me health issues. Anyways, I decided to give it a try and the results were beyond my expectations. My digestive system worked magically, no more bloating, everyday going to regular bathroom visits and after the visits I had this comfortable, relieved feeling in my stomach area which I had never had before. Apparently this situation caused a very good weight loss. Definitely I felt very energetic, my appareance changed a lot. But then life happened! I started working then got married, then had a baby and so on.

I am still skeptical about the concept but it worked for me once, even today I try to avoid most of those avoid category foods.

One thing I realized about this diet is that, generally cancer patients or patients with life threatening illnesses tend to follow this diet and just because of my own experience I can relate to that.
  • sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its a no from me. I toyed with the idea - but I got confuddled with conflicting research and left it alone

"Karl Landsteiner described the original blood types--A, B and O--in 1900 and doctors now recognize 23 blood group systems with hundreds of different "types.""

Actually, there's over 200 blood group systems. I'm not being nitpicky, it's just another way to show how ridiculous this diet is. Your blood type has nothing to do with your body type/size/diet, etc (I'm a medical laboratory scientist)