Do you workout with your spouse? I do!!! :)

Options
Look at what I found!! I was going through some old pics and found this old gem of the hubby and I. Looking at this pic I could almost cry because I knew how frustrated I was that day. We were both at our heaviest. I literally was trying on clothes for hours and getting upset because nothing was fitting. My guy finally told me to put on this red dress that he and I love. I ended up squeezing into it, adding a belt and a jacket to hide whatever I could. So look what you get in the pic. I'm hunched over with a fake smile. Fast forward to our wedding pic and we are both nothing but smiles. I could not have asked for anyone more perfect to be my cheerleader. So I'll end my little message by saying that no matter where you are in your own fitness journey that you have to start somewhere. One day at a time with some sweat and a few tears and your TRUE smile will be radiant.

c514035d-24ce-4086-908d-d031d2f51088_zps2509d3fb.jpg

Replies

• cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story and beautiful couple! Congrats!
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    Are you *sure* that's the same guy? ;) You both look great, and what a lovely wedding pic!
  • JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Look at what I found!! I was going through some old pics and found this old gem of the hubby and I. Looking at this pic I could almost cry because I knew how frustrated I was that day. We were both at our heaviest. I literally was trying on clothes for hours and getting upset because nothing was fitting. My guy finally told me to put on this red dress that he and I love. I ended up squeezing into it, adding a belt and a jacket to hide whatever I could. So look what you get in the pic. I'm hunched over with a fake smile. Fast forward to our wedding pic and we are both nothing but smiles. I could not have asked for anyone more perfect to be my cheerleader. So I'll end my little message by saying that no matter where you are in your own fitness journey that you have to start somewhere. One day at a time with some sweat and a few tears and your TRUE smile will be radiant.

c514035d-24ce-4086-908d-d031d2f51088_zps2509d3fb.jpg

Nice looking couple!! Congrats to you both of your losses!! You both look GREAT!
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks. The story is never ending. Going to start lifting now!! :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love it! I used to try to get my husband to work out with me for years for support. He never got into it. We had a gym membership years ago together but I think that lasted a month or two before we quit after a family issue. This summer we finally committed to the C25K together and finished the program. We try to run twice a week but his schedule has been rough so he is not much of a partner in working out right now. He works out when he can and I workout 5 days a week. He is very supportive though which helps.

Congrats on both of your successses!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The title mentions that you work out with your husband.
    What did you do together to take off the pounds
    and get into such wonderful shape?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!

Hubs runs with me when our schedules allow, and walks with me on off days when schedules allow.

He runs earlier on other days.

It's tough to schedule when both folks are motivated. I'm lucky and blessed that hubs and I share similar goals.

Your photos are great!!!!
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    Fabulous!!

Hubs runs with me when our schedules allow, and walks with me on off days when schedules allow.

He runs earlier on other days.

It's tough to schedule when both folks are motivated. I'm lucky and blessed that hubs and I share similar goals.

Your photos are great!!!!

Def. sucks with schedules, but we pretty much ended up working out everyday at 9:45pm. At least I was sleeping well!
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    The title mentions that you work out with your husband.
    What did you do together to take off the pounds
    and get into such wonderful shape?

We cut out fast food and pop and did Insanity. I'm only 4'11 so I was pretty stoked. My waist went from 37 inches to 27. I'm ready to tone up now and build some muscles now!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wife and I run together. But not strength training, she does P90X and I lift weights.
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Awww how sweet :-) Hubby and I work out together and I am so appreciative to have someone to support me and encourage me on this journey. You guys look great keep up the awesome work!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Most of the time no, but my wife does take my kickboxing classes on Friday and Sunday. I push her like I push the others in class.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    Awww how sweet :-) Hubby and I work out together and I am so appreciative to have someone to support me and encourage me on this journey. You guys look great keep up the awesome work!!

Is always great to look over and have some friendly competition.
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    Most of the time no, but my wife does take my kickboxing classes on Friday and Sunday. I push her like I push the others in class.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's great!! I think my hubby might try to pick on me a little to much. Lol
  • percypat
    Options
    We just started lifting together!

Following Starting Strength. I've always been more of a cardio queen so it's been good to do something out of my comfort zone. He's the best gym buddy ever. I get so excited on lifting nights, and on the one night I thought we weren't going to be able to go I sulked like there was no tomorrow. Partly because I love lifting but mostly because I like going together :)
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I would love to see more couples doing this.

My wife and I workout together. She matches me set for set in the weight room including squats and dead lifts. I absolutely love lifting with my wife and she is a better partner than any of the guys I have ever lifted with.

I am damn proud of my strong little wife and it has definitely reinforce our already bulletproof marriage.
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    We just started lifting together!

Following Starting Strength. I've always been more of a cardio queen so it's been good to do something out of my comfort zone. He's the best gym buddy ever. I get so excited on lifting nights, and on the one night I thought we weren't going to be able to go I sulked like there was no tomorrow. Partly because I love lifting but mostly because I like going together :)

Lol. I remember the days where I could care less if we worked out, but I get a little sad now too if we can't do it together.
  • tynishabeezfit
    Options
    Congratulations! I would love to see more couples doing this.

My wife and I workout together. She matches me set for set in the weight room including squats and dead lifts. I absolutely love lifting with my wife and she is a better partner than any of the guys I have ever lifted with.

I am damn proud of my strong little wife and it has definitely reinforce our already bulletproof marriage.

That's great!! I can always beat the hubby in leg work. Lol
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me my significant other is not interested in being a part of my lifestyle change. She has no interest in working out and is happy being obese.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!