Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I love you.:love:

Will you marry me?
    lol, NO.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Okay, a little terrified here as I've only posted pics for my profile picture...and because everyone who's posted photos already are rockin' it.

I'm 5'3",
    42 years old
    SW: 240
    CW: 183
    GW: 140 (maybe 130, I'll decide when I get there...)

The first pic is actually 20 lbs down, the second one is from last week. Excuse the wet hair and messy bathroom--I was really excited to fit into a shirt that I bought at least 4 years ago and never actually wore (one of those "I'll fit into it one day" without actually having any expectation of doing so...).

I'm doing TDEE and eat between 1700 and 1900 calories a day, exercise between 4 and 6 hours a week. I too started out on the 1200 calorie plan, nearly fainted one day after doing some step aerobics, wised up, and the weight has been coming off since I switched to TDEE. I would have failed by now otherwise; I know I would have given up in 1200 calorie misery.

So, here goes (eek!)... not sure its going to work, only ever posted a pic of my dogs on here...

ETA: crap, gotta try that again...

Comparisonpics1.jpg

[imp]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/graceire/Comparisonpics1.jpg[img][/img]
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Okay, a little terrified here as I've only posted pics for my profile picture...and because everyone who's posted photos already are rockin' it.

I'm 5'3",
    42 years old
    SW: 240
    CW: 183
    GW: 140 (maybe 130, I'll decide when I get there...)

The first pic is actually 20 lbs down, the second one is from last week. Excuse the wet hair and messy bathroom--I was really excited to fit into a shirt that I bought at least 4 years ago and never actually wore (one of those "I'll fit into it one day" without actually having any expectation of doing so...).

I'm doing TDEE and eat between 1700 and 1900 calories a day, exercise between 4 and 6 hours a week. I too started out on the 1200 calorie plan, nearly fainted one day after doing some step aerobics, wised up, and the weight has been coming off since I switched to TDEE. I would have failed by now otherwise; I know I would have given up in 1200 calorie misery.

So, here goes (eek!)... not sure its going to work, only ever posted a pic of my dogs on here...

ETA: crap, gotta try that again...

Comparisonpics1.jpg
    [/quote]
    No reason to be afraid to post, you look great and are only getting better. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Especially glad to hear that eating more has you feeling so much better.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Bumping because of awesomeness. :drinker:

I increased my calories in the spring of 2012 because my energy levels were in the toilet and my hair started thinning. Up to that point I was netting 600-800/day. I slowly increased my calories (about 100/day each week) until I reached at least 1200 net.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This thread is filled with awesomeness :drinker: It really encourages me to keep on with my moderate deficit and not fall victim to the low calorie trap. It's been tempting lately but thanks to this thread I'm going to keep my TDEE -20% calorie goal :smile:

Thank you.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thank you _Extraordinaryy and Achrya :smile: :flowerforyou:

Extraordinaryy: to answer your question, yes. I'll probably be on medication the rest of my life. Left untreated hypothyroidism can do some major long term damage to my body...ain't nobody got time for that. :happy:

My weight loss has been very slow...but for the first time I went into this without any expectations. My goals were merely fitness related and finally have a healthy relationship with food - eat in a way that I could sustain the rest of my life and stop the yo-yo for good. I started in July 2012, 53 lbs down...so that's about an average of 3.5 lbs a month. Slow and steady. I have never been this successful for this long so looking back I wouldn't have done it any differently.

Seriously though, if someone had told me 10 years ago the key to losing weight was to eat more, I would have thought they were cray-cray. How has this been such a big secret for so long?? :laugh:
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started on the 1200 diet early on, but got frustrated from hunger very quickly! I should've known better as I'm a physician, but a "newborn" intensive care one. I know TONS abut optimizing baby nutrition, but not so much adult. I did a lot of reading after finding one of the TDEE threads & immediately switched.

SW 217
    CW 160
    GW 145
    Ht 5-8
    Calorie goal 1825!
    Age 54 y.o.!!!

I walk 2-3 miles 2-3 x/week & lift 3x/week. I eat a minimum of 135 gm/protein/day & make my fat & carb requirements. I also eat ice cream everyday! I've just recently reduced my cut to 15%, as I'm only 15 pounds from goal. I cringe when I see folks eating small amounts. I've lost 57 pounds, minimal muscle and have gone from BF% 46 to 33%. Note: I'm "54 y.o." and eat 1800 cal/day---"I'm almost TWICE THE AGE of most of the gals on MFP and I still eat more than them AND lose weight!!!

I finally got my sister (53 y.o.) to switch from WW to MFP eating TDEE-20% a few weeks age. She's losing like crazy & TICKED she could've been eating more food all this time. I got my Dad started back in March and he's down 65 pounds at the age of 76 y.o.!!!

To those who say the TDEE method & eating reasonable amount of good food doesn't work, just look ay my family of "OLDIES"!!! And yes, I eat ice cream & desserts! I love, Love, LOVE to cook, I've just had to tweak my gourmet recipes to lower some of the calories & add spices/etc. to keep the wonderful flavors. You can eat ANYTHING within reason!
  • Achrya
    Options
    I started on the 1200 diet early on, but got frustrated from hunger very quickly! I should've known better as I'm a physician, but a "newborn" intensive care one. I know TONS abut optimizing baby nutrition, but not so much adult. I did a lot of reading after finding one of the TDEE threads & immediately switched.

SW 217
    CW 160
    GW 145
    Ht 5-8
    Calorie goal 1825!
    Age 54 y.o.!!!

I walk 2-3 miles 2-3 x/week & lift 3x/week. I eat a minimum of 135 gm/protein/day & make my fat & carb requirements. I also eat ice cream everyday! I've just recently reduced my cut to 15%, as I'm only 15 pounds from goal. I cringe when I see folks eating small amounts. I've lost 57 pounds, minimal muscle and have gone from BF% 46 to 33%. Note: I'm "54 y.o." and eat 1800 cal/day---"I'm almost TWICE THE AGE of most of the gals on MFP and I still eat more than them AND lose weight!!!

I finally got my sister (53 y.o.) to switch from WW to MFP eating TDEE-20% a few weeks age. She's losing like crazy & TICKED she could've been eating more food all this time. I got my Dad started back in March and he's down 65 pounds at the age of 76 y.o.!!!

To those who say the TDEE method & eating reasonable amount of good food doesn't work, just look ay my family of "OLDIES"!!! And yes, I eat ice cream & desserts! I love, Love, LOVE to cook, I've just had to tweak my gourmet recipes to lower some of the calories & add spices/etc. to keep the wonderful flavors. You can eat ANYTHING within reason!

tumblr_mrk0f8h0Wm1s7nhxgo7_r1_400.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, My Lovely -

I admit...TL;dr. I read your first post. I don't care about the rest . . . .also, by this point, pretty sure someone is being a jerk. You know who you are. :angry:

You are beautiful and a great role model. I also have lost on 1800-2000 with little exercise.

Eat the foodz.

Drink the drinks.

That is all.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This thread is MFP gold!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. 1600 is a perfect calorie goal for a 5'11 woman, losing weight!! Great job.

I eat 1600 to 1900 depending on my day.

I am 5'11 and am 42 years old.

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

after....or i guess you could say during
    47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

Oh, and in the top pics I was around 235 and 222
    and in the bottom pics I am between 185 and 187

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

I always feel like it gets much warmer in the room when you come through. What's that about?

/fans self

I'm 5'4.5" and I eat between 1600-2200 calories a day. I'm sorry for my imperfection.
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I started out with a 1200 calorie goal mainly because this is the first time I've actively tried to lose weight, and I had no clue what I was doing. Threads like this one made me realize 1200 was not an appropriate amount for me (I'm a 5'7", lightly active 31 year old who started with about 35 pounds to lose) so I increased my calories and haven't looked back since. I eat about 1500-1800 calories a day, depending on my activity level. Most of my exercise consists of walking (and lately, the new hula hoop I just bought!). I've been averaging a one pound loss per week.

I'm now only about 15 pounds from goal, so I'll be changing my settings to a 0.5 lb per week loss. I couldn't be happier, and I honestly don't care how long it takes me to lose these last 15 lbs. As long as I can keep eating ice cream (which I have almost daily), I'll be fine.
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3" tall
    Starting weight: 221
    Weight lost by eating 1200 calories: 33 lbs
    Weight gained back when started eating normal again: 20 lbs
    Starting weight AGAIN: 208
    Current weight 153
    Caloric intake: no less than 1700, up to 2300-2500/day
    Maintaining and still losing now for over a year!

ETA: and I have hypothyroidism, you know, that medical condition that keeps you from losing weight. And yet here I am...

g6o4.jpg

I just wanted to point out that you are just too stinkin' cute.
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your stories. As a newbie I began my weight lost process with the basic idea of eatting healthier and getting off the couch once in a while. However, after reading some of the post I have become very confused because eatting, counting, and either force feeding or resisting it all seems to be too much. I have been trying to eat 1800 because that was the suggestion made by MFP, however I either eat about 1500 or go over. I want to change my life with new habits that I can actually maintain. So again thanks.
  • Achrya
    Options
    I love this thread. I started out with a 1200 calorie goal mainly because this is the first time I've actively tried to lose weight, and I had no clue what I was doing. Threads like this one made me realize 1200 was not an appropriate amount for me (I'm a 5'7", lightly active 31 year old who started with about 35 pounds to lose) so I increased my calories and haven't looked back since. I eat about 1500-1800 calories a day, depending on my activity level. Most of my exercise consists of walking (and lately, the new hula hoop I just bought!). I've been averaging a one pound loss per week.

I'm now only about 15 pounds from goal, so I'll be changing my settings to a 0.5 lb per week loss. I couldn't be happier, and I honestly don't care how long it takes me to lose these last 15 lbs. As long as I can keep eating ice cream (which I have almost daily), I'll be fine.

Daily ice cream is the secret to happiness and success.

That's what my near daily ice cream tells me anyway. It's my precioussss
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my heart happy. So many strong, beautiful women. And Ophidion!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love you.:love:

Will you marry me?
    lol, NO.

Oh.

Ok.

<kicks ground dejectedly>
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! You go girl!!! I know from an old post that you also do or did NROLFW! I just started, and seeing AMAZING results in such a short time already! You look great!!! 1,700+ here too!!! And y'all can view my profile pics for before and afters! Lost 60lb's, and lots of inches. 27%BF :wink: :happy: :drinker: Eat up ladies!!! :heart:
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    You all look amazing!! And this thread makes me feel way less guilty about this bowl of ice cream I'm eating :flowerforyou:
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow! All you ladies look fantastic! I dream someday I will be having results like you all!

This thread gives me hope. I was only eating around 1100-1200 calories for a while and gaining weight. Mind you I didn't weigh and measure everything like I do now, so who knows (I am pretty good at estimating though). I now try to eat 2000 calories a day and that includes breastfeeding and doing the 30ds, but if I do extra exercise I will try to eat that back (I have low milk supply so I need to make sure I eat enough). It has been 2.5 weeks since I started eating more and I haven't lost a pound yet. But you ladies give me something to look forward to!