Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies, you don't have to eat 1,200 cal's to lose weight!

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Well done on your weight loss and all your hard work.

glad there are others out there who eat more and still lose.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Another person who thinks because something works for them it works for everyone.

Because that's totally what she said.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Awesome job OP!!!! I love food too!! :bigsmile:

1600-2000 calories here. :drinker:
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Another person who thinks because something works for them it works for everyone.

Well, yeah, I guess if you want to lay around the house all day, and try to lose weight, I guess you would have to eat 1,200 cal's. Lol.

And that is why some people do. Not everyone has a gym membership or lifts or works a fast paced job. Some people sit at computers all day, some people have been advised by their doctors to NOT do heavy exercise, some people are so overweight that 1200 calories a day has been recommended for them by their doctor. I know a few people like this and think that it can be hard for them to hear people calling them unhealthy, or lazy, or telling them to eat more when they are trying to lose weight. Not everyone needs to eat more. Eating more is what got people overweight in the first place. Congratulations on your success and finding something that works for you. For others reading this post the title is correct not everyone needs to eat 1200 calories to lose weight, however everyone should find the right calorie intake/deficit for them to lose weight whatever that number might be.
  • NRSPAM

Well, yeah, I guess if you want to lay around the house all day, and try to lose weight, I guess you would have to eat 1,200 cal's. Lol.

And that is why some people do. Not everyone has a gym membership or lifts or works a fast paced job. Some people sit at computers all day, some people have been advised by their doctors to NOT do heavy exercise, some people are so overweight that 1200 calories a day has been recommended for them by their doctor. I know a few people like this and think that it can be hard for them to hear people calling them unhealthy, or lazy, or telling them to eat more when they are trying to lose weight. Not everyone needs to eat more. Eating more is what got people overweight in the first place. Congratulations on your success and finding something that works for you. For others reading this post the title is correct not everyone needs to eat 1200 calories to lose weight, however everyone should find the right calorie intake/deficit for them to lose weight whatever that number might be.

Where there's a will, there's a way. I simply said that you don't HAVE to lose weight on 1,200 calories. I lift, and I have 2 herniated discs, bad knees, and I still find a way. I had these problems before I started lifting, or exercising. Not saying EVERYONE should do this, but if you're tired of being hungry, you don't have to eat like that. Also, you don't have to have a gym membership to exercise, and even if you sit at a desk all day, if you exercise, you don't have to eat 1,200 calories. You can eat back exercise calories. :)
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Great job! :smile:
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member

Where there's a will, there's a way. I simply said that you don't HAVE to lose weight on 1,200 calories. I lift, and I have 2 herniated discs, bad knees, and I still find a way. I had these problems before I started lifting, or exercising. Not saying EVERYONE should do this, but if you're tired of being hungry, you don't have to eat like that. Also, you don't have to have a gym membership to exercise, and even if you sit at a desk all day, if you exercise, you don't have to eat 1,200 calories. You can eat back exercise calories. :)

True enough :)
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    You look amazing!!!! I love the blonde hair too:smile::flowerforyou:
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member

I sit at a desk all day. I don't have a gym membership. I have asthma. I have been advised by my doctor to not do extreme exercise but to do moderate exercise, low to no impact. I have arthritis in my knees. And yet, I can eat my 1800 calories because I am exercising for free! Walking and hiking mainly. Want to lift? There are lots of things you can lift without going to a gym. Lots of things you can do free or cheap if you WANT to. This is what is different for me this time. My eyes are open to the options and I'm taking advantage of them.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    As much as I love food, I love not exercising even more. I'll stick to the low-cal thing. I don't want to work my butt off just to eat more.
  • NRSPAM

I sit at a desk all day. I don't have a gym membership. I have asthma. I have been advised by my doctor to not do extreme exercise but to do moderate exercise, low to no impact. I have arthritis in my knees. And yet, I can eat my 1800 calories because I am exercising for free! Walking and hiking mainly. Want to lift? There are lots of things you can lift without going to a gym. Lots of things you can do free or cheap if you WANT to. This is what is different for me this time. My eyes are open to the options and I'm taking advantage of them.

Good for you girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NRSPAM
    As much as I love food, I love not exercising even more. I'll stick to the low-cal thing. I don't want to work my butt off just to eat more.

I do! I love food! Lol. That's how come I got fat! Bahahahaha :happy: Lol. JK, but really.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member

God forbid you want to lose weight and not excercise!
  • NRSPAM
    Hey, who fixed my pictures??? Lol. I was trying like heck to resize them, and now their all better! Lol. Still one that's too big though....oh well. :D
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Great job. And while somewhere out there, there might be someone for whom 1200 is a good number, I've yet to see a single 1200 calorie "success" on this site that I would recommend emulating.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member

I own a cleaning business and am very active. It is ignorant, and rude of you, to assume you know anyone here well enough personally to make the statement you made about me. If I eat more then 1300 or 1400 maintaince I gain weight. Each persons metabolism is different. To assume all people can eat 1800 to 2000 and lose weight is rather self focused and limited.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Woohoo, you look awesome!
  • NRSPAM

I own a cleaning business and am very active. It is ignorant, and rude of you, to assume you know anyone here well enough personally to make the statement you made about me. If I eat more then 1300 or 1400 maintaince I gain weight. Each persons metabolism is different. To assume all people can eat 1800 to 2000 and lose weight is rather self focused and limited.

No, it's not ignorant and rude. You sound fairly active, so you're BMR is probably well above 1,200. Everyone gains weight when they initially increase calories. If you wanted to increase calories, just do it gradually, expect a little weight gain, as your metabolism recovers. BTW, I didn't say everyone can eat 1,800-2,000 calories and lose weight. What I said was, you don't have to eat 1,200 calories to lose weight! Why do people like putting words in my mouth??? And why do people get so defensive when I tell them that they can eat??? I would think they'd be happy! Maybe they need to eat a donut.
  • exquizid
    exquizid Posts: 1 Member
    What's NRLFLOW
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!