Where do you shop for groceries?

Options
13»

Replies

• 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have preferred stores for produce, meats, etc.? Just curious...Hubby and I hit the Berkeley Bowl today...now THIS is a produce section!!! (And this is just the non-organic section...) Picked up lots of wonderful things, a few hard to find items, and lots and lots of fresh veggies and fruit!!!

That is AMAZING! Wow!

Meijer (best produce for a grocery store where I am), Kroger (dried beans, cheese, frozen vegetables) and independent grocery stores (great customer service and can get you anything you want!) Aldi when I'm near one (they usually have decent produce and of course great prices on basics). Wal-Mart rarely but it does happen for one or two things now and then. I don't care what anyone says I believe Wal-Mart has an inferior product (like say, bottled ketchup or package cereal or canned vegetables--even with the national brand) and their produce sucks but I've shopped there when I've needed.

I also am a huge fan of farmer's markets and road-side stands during that time of the year.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Love your selections...Great Job!!! I shop at several places where I live because the Fresh Produce is so good. I choose Conventional because I know how to clean it (Baking Soda & White Vinegar in water, sit fruit/Veggies in it for at least 5 min & wash, rinse), and pesticides really do not break the skin or go inside of Produce. Here we have Beautiful Farmers Mkts., Local Grocers, Whole Foods, Trader Joe, 2 Major Grocery Chains all over, even 3 Walmarts with actually pretty good Produce. For Me, 80-95% of My purchases are Fresh Produce.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've started ordering a lot of our food from Azure Standard monthly. Otherwise the local butcher for beef and pork (raise our own chickens and turkeys), Farmer's Market, Aldi's, Sam's Club and Walmart.
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Local Farmers Market
    Trader Joe's
    Wegmans
    Whole Foods
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    For most of my food i just go to Coles in australia.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Either Migros or Coop... but I live in Switzerland, not sure if they are outside of the country...
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Tesco or Morrisons.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get a lot from Aldi (my local is pretty decent - sometimes they are hit or miss on produce - I buy what looks good & eat according to that). I supplement from Publix (for stuff Aldi doesn't have) and Sams Club (for fish/chicken)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    A combo of Stop n Shop, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods (For a few select things as they are rather spendy!!) All three are within 5 minutes of me so I can just run in and out.

And Target for select things too when I can go.

The freshly pressed honey roasted peanut butter at whole foods is a staple right now! And at $3.99 a tub it's the same price as the other stuff and probably not loaded with rodent hairs and bugs. Ewww!
  • katy_jean_hall
    Options
    Super IGA
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are so many stores here I've never heard of!!! Wish I could hit some of them...the way you describe them sounds delicious!!!