Today Show Club! (Everyone Always Welcome)

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Shari and addigraso...

Everyday is a struggle,I still have the devils on my shoulders eat this it wont hurt it will hurt aww no it wont..then if I give in guilt takes over, so for me staying strong excpet on friday evening is better then dealing with the guilt.. I have black slide several time, more then I care to count..

This is a life long journey and not an easy one I might say..

I hope everyone has got thier water in this week, as I posted all through out last week this is a exercise challange this week.

Adding 25 sit up to what you currently do.. Dont stop moving with ever you were moving last week. You need in include 25 sit up on top of other exercise..

I hope everyone loves sit ups..

Welcome Nila, and any new comers I forgot.. The weekend are hard for me to post because I am dealing with "life" which is well worth it.

Addiograsso- I love running its my passion I could be forrest gump and run and run and run..

Well off to make kiddos lunches and head to gym, gotta get a good workout in!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good monday morning...

what a BAD weekend. we ate out so much. we were discussing this in the drive thru....how crappy we feel because of it. so today is monday and back on track. to add up just the amount of money we spent could have gone into our moving savings fund. soooo today is monday and back at it. i have to last longer than a few days. don't know why i keep falling. i come on the site several times a day just to read. i don't long. i don't exercise daily. i sit most of the day. i am going to make small changes and not just start doing everything at once. i stuck on the pedometer and aiming for 7000 steps today and eat under calories.

off to write a plan and get organized.

later
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I just weighed in and I've lost half a pound. Pretty bummed becaue I did expect at least one pound or more. I have been working really hard, have not cheated once! I am staying under calorie count, been excercising like crazy and drinking lots of water. Don't know what else I can do or what I am not doing. Still...I'm not going to let it deter me....I will continue doing what I have been doing and see what happens next week.

Sit-upsTamara??? Okay...this one will be a challenge for me....I hate sit-ups, but I will do my best. :-)
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday. I hope everyone is off to a great start this morning. Weekends can be pretty hard for anyone. It is the time when we are out of our daily routine and it is much easier to slip up. If you slip, just brush it off and keep moving forward. Everyday will be a battle, but it is one that is worth fighting. All of us can do this. We have to stay positive and learn to let go of bad choices and keep pushing forward every day. This is your life and you are in control. It is time to learn that we eat to live and not live to eat. Start your day by planning your meals ahead of time. This way you know what you are going to eat for the day. You will not have to continue to stress over how man calories have I ate and what do I have left. I do my journal first thing every morning while having breakfast and then I am done for the day. If I have something different then I go back in and change it later. Do not let food control your life. You control your life. Come on ladies...we got this!

We are all going to have good days and bad ones. I have witnessed Tamara's struggles and experienced my own. It is so easy to give into temptations, especially when everyone around you is eating the bad foods. It is very hard to say no because you don't want to feel like an outsider. My sister got married on August 7th and everyone around me was drinking punch and eating huge pieces of wedding cake, except for me. I told myself that it was not worth it. I would have had to run 5 or 6 miles just to burn of that piece of cake and to me that is not worth it. Everyone there could not believe I wouldn't even have a bite of cake, but they do not realize that certain foods are triggers for cravings. If you do not have it, then you will not want it. Food has become a social event in today's society. We all go out to eat with family and friends and we enjoy that, but we have to make smart choices when doing so. If you know you are going to eat out, then look up nurtion ahead of time. Ask the servers if they offer low calorie options. You might get strange looks, but you have to do this for you. If you are going to do fast food, then get grilled chicken with no sauce and a side salad. Learn to make smarter choices no matter where you are eating. Take control. It really is worth it.

I still struggle with choices somedays and other days all I want is healthy foods. Hello I had a cupcake for dinner a few weeks ago, but I moved on from my mistake. I am bad about beating myself up after I give in to temptation or I beat myself up if I didn't get in enough workouts. For the past 3 weeks, I have managed to get in 5 workouts each week and that is my personal best. I want to get in more than that this week. Tonight I am doing the walking group with Tamara and I need to push it. Then I have to do a minimum of 1 workout each day. I want to do two a days Thursday and Friday. I always push myself to be better. I had a great week last week and I need to have a better week this week.

Shari - Great job on letting your bad day go. That is very difficult to do and I am proud of you for that.

Marcie - Good job on having a loss. It may not be what you wanted, but it was a loss. Keep it up and you will see results. I promise that you will. Keep logging and working out. Remember that your body is in shock right now. You have added more water to your diet and changed your eating habits. Give your body time to bounce back. You got this. You will get into your dress for next month.

Tamara - You already know how I fill about sit ups, but I will do my 25 a day.

I have another challenge for everyone. Tamara had already mentioned this, but this one is super important for our self image. You have to post one thing about yourself each day that you like about yourself. Look in the mirror and really look at yourself. Do not pick yourself apart because we are our own worst enemies. Look at yourself and find one thing each day that you like. So drink your water, do 25 situps, and post one thing you like about yourself each day. I will start it off today.

Today I looked in the mirror and I like the definition I am seeing in my tricep muscle. Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones really is helping with the definition.

Have a great day everyone.
    Bobbie =)
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bobbie- that is a big thing I have trouble with and always have. I can look back at pictures before kids and think wow I looked great but I know at the time I was looking in the mirror and haiting the way i looked. Ive been struggling alot with feeling like a fat cow and even after 37 lbs gone I still look in the mirror and think WOW Im huge. That BMI isnt helping either lol since IM still in the obese catagory. But when I say to people that have nevre seen me, that I weigh now 163 they say o wow I wish I was that small. BUT even with gentle reminders that I am only 4 foot 11 inches I still get the your not so big comments btu I feel HUGE.

Weekends are hard exercise wise for me. I mean we do eat out more then we should on the weekends but I make sure IM within my calories fats and sodium. We always have to do all of our running around on the weekends since my husband is gone all week with my van (his car is broken) so i cant run erands during the week. This weekend was even more crazy since we had to do school shopping to get ready for our first year of homeschooling on wednesday (ok not homeschooling Ive been told ;) but online charter school).

situps???!! uhh Ok i will try. I can't tell you the last time ive done them. Im thinking of signing up for the 100 pushup challange since My arms are just flabby and arent losing any inches. But so far I can only do the pushups on my knees lol. Its a workout either way so I guess it counts. OK off to get on that dreaded bike before making lunch (oh and I got a grumbly tummy so I guess a snack too lol)
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Oh - I didn't realize that was 25 situps EVERYDAY... :) Just kidding - looking forward to it. That is something I like doing - believe it or not, but Hey - you don't get to count that as "calories" lost... :(
    My biggest challenge is time. (and, yes, I KNOW everyone has that struggle). I have a 50 hour week desk job, pick up my two year old around 5:45pm - get home around 6pm - work for 2-3 hours doing payroll/billing for my husband's company, then try to spend some time with my daughter who I ADORE and is really clingy to Mommy lately. She doesn't seem to want to sleep these days, so it seems I'm not in bed before 11pm each nite and up at 6 to start the cycle all over. I admire all those folks who go running and to the gym, but I just don't know when I can go. I have been trying to just walk up and down our stairs and take my daughter for walks around the block, but I'm hardly going at the pace of a gazelle... :) (LOL)... She likes to stop and look at things and "dawdle" and it's also been like 100 degrees here for 56 straight days, so it makes you pretty lazy... (ok - so all of the last paragraph sure flies in the face of my "No Excuses" tag line, doesn't it????). My husband is gone every other weekend, so i don't have very much "me" time... His company keeps him very busy and tired so I don't get to get out to do "stuff" without our daughter in tow... but for now, I'll just take my five minutes here and there and drink my water and do what I can. No more reasons to not get it done - just do it!
    Ladies - so many of you are inspirations - thanks!
    I'll drink my water, do my situps and try to get out and walk at lunch at my office (instead of working through it at my desk).
    Marcie - you already ARE taking the steps to make it better - take pride in that. "They" say half the battle is recognizing there is one and you've done that - so just keep doing what you're doing and take Bobbie's advice to "keep moving" - I will do the same.
    Tamara - thanks for the supportive words and for the goals.
    I don't like too much about myself these days - it's been a rough couple of years, but today, I am happy that I have stuck to this! I'm proud that I got through the weekend and that's a start. I will hit the scale tomorrow morning....
    Have a great week everyone!
    Deneen
  • CudyBug
    Options
    I posted this question a while ago but I was wondering what you guys think. Does it matter (results wise) wiether you work out in the morning or at night. I was working out every night and then hit a tiny plateau so I posted that questin and tthen started working out during the day sometimes, whenever I get the chance to step away from the children for a half hour. I kind of rush it on the bike (which is all I do for a half hour) because the bike is in my room in the basement and the kids (5 and almost 3) are upstairs playing, and I just am afraid that something could happen to them. Of course Ive been doing this for a few months now and my children clearly know the rules and the boundaries but being a mom (im sure any moms here can relate) I worry. I totally feel like somedays I could go longer then 30 minutes but I stop at 30 minutes so I dont feel like Im neglecting my kids. Anyways we are starting online kindergarten with my daughter on wednesday and its half day so I guess im not to concerned about when Ill work out but just incase its more intense then I expect , do you guys think working out at night will hurt my reults? Also Im thinking Ill do the challenges at night during commercials or whenever after the kids are in bed (7 every night btw they are in bed, no later). I was also thinking about about maybe trying some on demand workouts even though Im so ot a workout dvd person, kinda makes me feel silly but Its worth a try now that im smaller. so I would have to do the on demand at night.

Any input would be awsome and no I just can NOT under any circumstances wake up before my kids lol. They get up at 6 every morning sometimes 630 if im lucky and even then I lay around and fall in and outa sleep while they watch cartoons. If I woke any earlier then I would be a zombie all day. I cant go to bed earlier then I normally do now since I have ot get school things ready at night now and I do all my cleaning for the day then and on the days I have a show on (rare anymore) I watch my show to keep me sane. I knwo sounds like excuses excuses excuses BUT being a sahm mom who now is homeschooling gives little time for me and all I ask is for an hour to two to watch my shows on those nights they are on lol. Plus I do have some kinda of sleep problem. I have the hardest time falling asleep at night. I toss and turn most the night and then half way thru the night I have a lovely cute little 2 year old son come and climb in and kick me all night lol. Sleep is something I highly valuelol
  • shari253
    shari253 Posts: 202
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Wow the thread is nice and active this morning! I had to wake up at 4 AM to get my DH off to a business trip, then I got to go back to bed (with my two dogs who usually don't get to sleep with us) and have a lovely lovely sleep in!

Hey good news.... I lost 1.2 lbs this week! Yay! That is a total of 3 lbs in two weeks. I'm very pleased considering the tough week I had last week. There were three days where I went significantly over my "to lose" cals. I think what saved me is that each time I slipped up or went off, I got right back on immediately. So a bad day, or a bad meal was just that, nothing more. That is a huge step for me. I didn't postpone recovery until "next Monday,"lol! Also I have been doing the C25K (couch to 5K) walk/jog program three days a week, and I add a few minutes of strength and stretching. I feel fitter already, and I'm sure it helped burn off some of those excess cals.

Marcie, do not be discouraged about slow weight loss. Check out this thread about "Losing weight too slow?" There are some really good thoughts here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/110754-losing-weight-too-slow

Welcome Nelabhakini! Jump right in!

GLW1969 (I'm sorry but I still haven't learned everyone's names) I am very impressed with your housecleaning. I am sort of a lazyish housekeeper, always doing the bare minimum cuz I hate housework, so the house never really sparkles. I should throw on my exercise clothes and work vigorously for half an hour a day or something. I will try to get psyched up for that, lol!

Bobbie, you are so right about preplanning your meals! Here's a humorous side benefit to that... If you eat two burgers instead of the one preplanned one (like I did Saturday), all you have to do is go in and adjust all the 1's to 2's ( for the patty, bun, cheese, etc). LOL! It makes it very easy to log your excesses! (We laugh, but I find it really important to log my excesses. This is the first time I've ever done that. Usually I don't, and they don't exist, so I stay in denial.)

Bobbie you are also so very right about learning about your trigger foods and avoiding them. I learned that with the kettle corn fiasco this week. Three cups is only 170 cals, so I thought it would be a decent snack. I ate it successfully one time, which set up an obsessive craving that resulted in me eating 1 1/2 bags two days later, lol! So yesterday at the grocery store I walked quickly past that kettle corn chanting "no kettle corn, no kettle corn!" Whew, I made it!

Cudybug, congrats on the decision to try alternative schooling for your kids. I homeschooled my son from 2nd grade through 11th. He then went on to community college in 12th grade, and is now at the University of Washington. I am very proud of both of us for succeeding at homeschooling! The reason I started it was that in first grade his school told me he was ADD and needed to get on meds. We wanted to try everything before putting him on meds. It turns out that the flexibility on homeschooling was perfect for him. He is bright, so he could quickly finish his work and have lots of time to pursue other interests to a high degree, including professional acting.

Deneen, this sounds a bit too obvious, but could you put your 2 year old in a stroller and get a brisker walk in that way?

Tamara....... sit ups???!!!!!! OK!! I will do 25 a day no matter what! Thanks for a good challenge.

Something I like when I look in the mirror? I like my skin on my face. Being fair I have avoided the sun and its aging effects, so my face skin is quite smooth and pretty for a 56 yr old.

A new habit I am adding this week is to have a nighttime routine. I will brush and floss my teeth, cleanse my face and put on moisturizer. Usually i just fall into bed without caring for myself.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just all excited!
  • mufasatwentytwo
    Options
    Hi, Shari I also saw the Tamara clip and was impressed. Since then I have been researching and trying to get the nerve up to try one more time. I am 58 and fat, but I am mnot satisfied to stay that way. I am also just learning my way around the conputer so I am hoping I'll even be able to find this site again. Wish me luck today is the day I start again.
  • shari253
    Options
    Mufa, welcome! Up at the top of your computer screen you will see a gold star and the word favorites. Click on it and then on "add to favorites." Then this site will be displayed up near that star so you can always find it. Also just remember the name "My fitness pal," and you can always enter that into your search window to find it again. Good luck! I am 56 so we can be buddies!
  • addiograsso
    Options
    I'll give the stroller thing a try, plus I think i'm actually gonna try setting my alarm 30 minutes earlier and do SOMETHING work out related... Who needs sleep, right? :laugh:
    Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me - Thanks for all the support DF"s (that's dear friends, for those like me who are learning all the lingo - shout out to Shari... :smile::wink: )
    Week 1 almost done - hello rest of my life...
  • addiograsso
    Options
    By the way - if you haven't tried Wendy's salads - they are FABULOUS!
  • shari253
    Options
    Cudy I am not an expert but i think the most important thing is just to make sure you get some exercise, so do it when you can, and do what you like so you will keep it up. I have heard that spacing it throughout the day does help keep the metabolism up. I've also heard that exercising hard right before bed makes it harder to fall asleep. BUT i think you need to figure out what works FOR YOU! Way to be motivated! Great job!

Deneen, I will have to look at the Wendy's salads. The only one I'm familiar with is the chili taco salad and it is very high cals. (Haha, figures that's the only one I've ever eaten, lol!) I will look at the rest.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Cudy - I am not a fan of late night work outs. I don't mind one right after work as long as I am done by 7 to eat dinner and let that digest before bed. I have also found that it is harder for me to fall asleep after a later workout. I personally prefer morning workouts. If I start my day out with a workout, then I usually have a great day. I feel like if I plan on doing it later then there is usually something that comes up that will keep me from working out. Also whenever you get stuck, variety always helps. I saw that you always do the bike for 30 minutes. Try the workout videos. Changing your routine will make your body work harder to burn calories. I like running/walking outside. It is the best workout for me, but I do nto let myself do it everyday. I do the Jillian Michael's workouts and the Leslie samsone workouts. It gives me a change from runnign everyday and it helps work different muscles.

Deneen - I agree with Shari. Pushing your daughter in a stroller would be great for you. Just add some kind of cardio into your routine. Go for a walk around the block or the park. Just get up and get moving. At first, it may be difficult, but slowly increase your time. You have to build up your stamina.

Shari - Very nice comment about what you like about yourself and good job on taking care of your skin.

Shari and I are the only ones who posted soemthing we like about ourselves. Anyone else care to join in? I know how easy it is to see the flaws in ourselves, but we have to put ourselves first. Love who you are and be excited about it. I promise this will help. It can be anything that you see that you like. I don't care if it is you are having a good hair day. Just post something positive. Positivity is very important.

My favorite salad is at Chili's. It is the carribean salad with grilled chicken and guiltless dressing. The salad is 440 calories and it is fantastic!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone.. I bumped up my calories this week to 1400 instead of 1200, my body was like hey ma am I need some more.,

Fixin to get fabulous daughter off bus then head to the store to buy dinner for bobbie and me. Turkkey tacos here we come.. Yippee.. I know am so excited to eat the same thing..

Today I am proud that I looked in the mirror and I saw cut abs, they are really there and forming.

I will run tonight with bobbie then head home for 25 sit up challange,,

I am super proud of each and everyone who stuck with this is week, we are amazing and we can do anything we put our minds too...

I will post later!!!
  • CudyBug
    Options
    sheri- that awsome that you did homeschooling that long. I have no family support other then my husband and I am constantly doubting my decision. My daughter has no friends and we have been unsuccessful at meeting people since we didnt grow up in this town. So I keep seeing these back to school commercials and I wonder if I really did the right thing or not :(.

as for working out. Either at night or during the day I am getting results (except the small stand still I was in but that could have been a number of reasons.) I have trouble falling asleep no matter what and working out before we start our day doesnt give me an more energy or motivation either, just makes me tired and think that I can lounge around since i got my workout in lol. Have I ever mentioned that I loath exercise and it sounds horrible and I am even thinking "well duh thats why your fat" but really its been 5 months and nothing is changing abut it. I do it because I like the results and I know I need to but its just not something I enjoy doing.

I cant remember who mentioned pushing a stroller but thats what I did the first 3 months before I got my MIL to give up her bike. I pushed my son in the stroller while my daughter and I walked to the playground almost everyday and to the library once a week. That was it as forms of exercise. I did a few weeks of using the kids bathroom stool as a stepper thing and just steped up for twenty minutes a night but that soon got boring ;). Walking has always been my main and sometimes only source of exercise, minus house cleaning which I am abit lazy at as well.
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support today. I'm coming out of my funky mood. :blushing:
    Now let me try to find something positive about myself....mmmmm............mmmmm..........mmmm...........mmmm....gees....uummm...
    Maybe the fact that I feel stronger and have started the C25K program.....I hate jogging, but I feel better after the workout. I'm also glad that I am not going to quit on me so fast, just because the weight is not coming off as fast I would like for it to. I'm worth it! :happy:

Tonight....go home make dinner....got for my W2, D1 of C25K...if it stops raining....if not will excercise at home and definitely get my 25 sit-ups in.

Good night you all!
  • shari253
    Options
    Marcie, you should be really proud that you are pushing through what felt like a defeating moment for you!

Hey did you realize that we both started the same day and we have both lost 3 lbs? You are my twinnie!

Well, folks, tonight I have a HUGE challenge! It is casino night for me and my female relatives! We play slots 2 hrs to get a $20 comp to the .... dum da dum dumm..... BUFFET! But worry not, I have a plan! I have eaten very lightly today so far to allow myself to enjoy tonight. I just ate 1/2 cantaloupe to fill up. I will drink no alcohol. I will be conscious of choices in the buffet, and not go hog wild! I will focus on people not food, converse more and eat less. I will put very teeny portions of things on my plate. If I go back for seconds (too hard to just say I wont), I will only get teeny servings of a couple favorite things. I will drink a lot of water. This evening will be good practice for me to learn how to live a normal healthy life, to be able to socialize and eat out, and still lose weight, or at least maintain my loss. If I screw up at all, I will honestly evaluate it and learn from it.

Wish me luck! I'll check back in after I get home.
  • shari253
    Options
    I just did my 25 sit ups. I put my feet under the couch to make it easier, lol.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good job marcie and shari..Bobbie and I just ran our 6 miles one hour 8 minutes 550 calories burned.. I made her dinner and I ate my peanut butter and banana tast and then we did our 25 sit-ups and got all our water in..

I am so pleased to be a part of this strong team..lets keep it up!!