What are your feelings?

Options
124»

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    For me it was more about loss of mobility than looks. I've been overweight my whole life and moved into morbid obesity in my 30's. I still got married, had kids, went to college (yes in that order), joined the work force, participated in everything I wanted to until about 4 years ago. For the first time, in my early 50's, my weight was starting to effect my ability to do things and go places. My mobility was compromised big time. So for me, this weight loss journey is about taking back my ability to go places and do things, to live my life to the fullest. I still ahve about 75 pounds to go to my "ideal" weight, not done yet, but after losing 150+ pounds, my mobility is amazingly better. The bonus is looking better and getting into smaller clothes.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I feel less sluggish. I have bad hips, but they haven't hurt as much as they did before.

I also feel better about myself and my sister says that I have a confidence that she's never seen in me before.

For the first time, I don't care about the number on the scale. It's nice to see good results on the scale, but now that's the least of my concerns.

Also, the feeling of accomplishing something is always nice. :smile:
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    really?!?! you lost A LOT of weight! quit loathing yourself..you kick *kitten*.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    my kids say im meaner.

?/?/?/?/?/?

this because now that i know what its like to have to lose 100 pounds, i want to help my children avoid this fate...

they are all normal size, and i want to help keep them that way...

do i have them on a diet? no, but i no longer buy crap to just sit around the house, and i monitor their soda and junk intake a little better...

this makes me mean. they say they liked me better when i was "fat"

ok, but as for me, i feel great, i feel alot better about myself, and i feel confident that i can now lead a better example for my kids and help them avoid falling victim to being obese like most of the women in my family.

i feel awesome!
  • glitzy196
    Options
    I have only lost 13lbs..and sadly this is my THIRD go around losing 70 lbs...and i already feel 1000000 times better because i am in control and i have a PLAN. when I am thinner i LOVE life. I love going to do things..i feel pretty...I will say at my smallest I was my most critical of body image...but I think that is in part because you are no longer in denial. when you weigh 205 lbs...what is 207..? 210..? it starts spiraling..when you are 140 there is quite a bit of visible difference between 140 and 145..or 140 and 135..

i personally like having a collar bone..
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    Started to end use of BP meds and control arthritis symptoms. also hoping to get back into some of my amazing, sexy, expensive dresses I've acquired over the years.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    so sexy it hurts?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    so sexy it hurts?

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Can not express how much it has helped me. For the first time in my life I am happy.
  • glitzy196
    Options
    I find I'm too sexy for my shirt

I love this
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    so sexy it hurts?

Do you do your little turn on the catwalk?
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would feel completely accomplished. I have had a lot of serious issues I had to deal with and overcome (cutting drugs alcohol permiscuaty self loathing get my bipolar and ptsd under control) I have accomplished all of those other issues successfully and onto my final challenge which is the weight and I think I am also conquering that in a positive way since I fixed all the other crap. Losing this weight will finish my journey to battling all these issues and along with all my other past issues become a maintenance issue. I am proud of myself for being able to do this one because it is harder because you have to eat to live. But I have a handle and a control over this as well. all in all I guess I feel empowered.:flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I starved my way through a 60-pound weight loss. As I was really quite fat, people noticed me getting thinner. It struck me (and still strikes me) as to how nice all of my peers were suddenly. (Not my friends, but coworkers, classmates, etc.) They were nicer the thinner I became, and when I inevitably gained it back (I didn't lose it in a way that was sustainable), they slowly became less nice to me as I got fatter. That lesson always sticks with me. It hurts but it's true.
  • AngelsFly74
    Options
    Good Morning everyone; Happy Friday!! I was gone for sometime, I got off track but now I'm back and taking things one day at at time. I struggle with food and staying motivated to work-out. But that is no excuse, I need to stay focused and on track so I can reach my weight loss goals and get healthier. I'm just taking it one day at a time :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my feelings today...

FfGzol1.gif
  • Kiwigirlkim
    Options
    my feelings today...

FfGzol1.gif

Haha, love it!!